LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 339 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Get that contract signed, Bosa.

That s**t more than likely doesn't happen until right around the 1st day of training camp (going off past 1st RD SF guys reps by CAA)....as long as Paraag doesn't try to dick around with bonus money or offset, we should be fine. LA tried doing Joey dirty smh.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Get that contract signed, Bosa.

That s**t more than likely doesn't happen until right around the 1st day of training camp (going off past 1st RD SF guys reps by CAA)....as long as Paraag doesn't try to dick around with bonus money or offset, we should be fine. LA tried doing Joey dirty smh.

As long as he's in Florida working out with Joey I doubt anything gets done and there's no rush.

I agree with you and this likely gets done very near training camp. I expect Nick to get here a few days prior to training camp opening up and getting the ink on paper then. Ditto with Deebo.

Chargers report on the 24th, we report on the 26th. So at the very least they'll be done by the 24th.
Originally posted by genus49:
As long as he's in Florida working out with Joey I doubt anything gets done and there's no rush.

I agree with you and this likely gets done very near training camp. I expect Nick to get here a few days prior to training camp opening up and getting the ink on paper then. Ditto with Deebo.

Chargers report on the 24th, we report on the 26th. So at the very least they'll be done by the 24th.

Yup agreed, wouldn't be shocked if both deals happen when they report to camp. I wanted to repost this about Joey Bosa's contract issues (so people realize LA was be ridiculous) AND it wasn't the Bosa family being greedy.....

"The team wants to hold off on paying a large portion of Bosa's signing bonus until March 2017. Bosa wants to be paid that money by the end of the 2016 season. The Chargers say they do not want to break precedent by doing so, despite the fact that every top-three pick over the last five years has been paid their signing bonus by the end of their rookie season."

"Is that really the only issue?

Not exactly. The Chargers also want to include what's called "Offset language" in Bosa's contract, which essentially allows them to save a few millions if they decide to cut Bosa after his third season and another team signs him."

"What's Bosa's reaction to this?

Bosa says he'd agree to the "offset language" if the Chargers agreed to pay him his signing bonus by the end of next season. Or he'd agree to hold off the signing bonus payment if the team agrees to drop the "offset language" in his contract. He'll accept one or the other, but not both.

"So really, the Chargers are just being cheap?

Yes. Most NFL teams are willing to give their top picks one or the other, if not both. Bosa isn't asking for anything crazy here."
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Here we goooo!

Look! Nothing wrong with Nick Bosa.

Photoshop. He's hurt and holding out. How could he rehab his legs if he can't reach them?

quadzilla

Guy is built like a tank
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Here we goooo!

Photoshop. He's hurt and holding out. How could he rehab his legs if he can't reach them?

quadzilla

Guy is built like a tank

Dude is hella cut.
Here we goooo!

quadzilla

Guy is built like a tank

Dude is hella cut.

Beast!
Originally posted by Zealot:
Here we goooo!

quadzilla

Guy is built like a tank

Dude is hella cut.

Beast!

Originally posted by NinerGM:
49ers had to know what they were getting into with CAA. I can't believe for one moment that Paraag was caught off guard. They knew way back before the draft what the outline of the terms would be. If we thought at any point we wouldn't be able to sign him, then we shouldn't have drafted him and traded out of the spot. IMHO, the time it's taking squarely falls on the front office. CAA is KNOWN for this. Every pick is a bet and we walked into it eyes-wide-open. I don't wont to read one line about how the two sides are far apart or some nonsense like that.

Does this count for the other front offices? Now if we are in camp and he isn't signed, I'm all with you.
CAA tries to get every last detail worked out in favor of the player. The holdouts are about signing bonus cash flow not about the actual amount the player will be paid. These guys must have a reputation with the players for getting the best deal possible because they rep a lot of guys.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
49ers had to know what they were getting into with CAA. I can't believe for one moment that Paraag was caught off guard. They knew way back before the draft what the outline of the terms would be. If we thought at any point we wouldn't be able to sign him, then we shouldn't have drafted him and traded out of the spot. IMHO, the time it's taking squarely falls on the front office. CAA is KNOWN for this. Every pick is a bet and we walked into it eyes-wide-open. I don't wont to read one line about how the two sides are far apart or some nonsense like that.

Does this count for the other front offices? Now if we are in camp and he isn't signed, I'm all with you.

I'd say it does count for other front offices also. If you have forewarning and you're signaling to a prospects camp you're definitely going to take that player, as a FO, you already have an idea of who's the representation. Between draft day and even OTAs deal structure is pretty baked, and even the money is pretty predictable. There's no reason why there should be a delay unless we're trying to be dumb like the Chargers.

Agreed NGM, with that last sentence especially. The team is not adverse or inexperienced working with CAA. We've done so in the past and have never had an issue. We drafted Solomon Thomas 3rd who is a CAA client and he was at practice day 1. Im not worried in the slightest. CAA is notorious, but so is Marathe. We have one of, if not the best, contract guys in the NFL. He ALWAYS leaves the team in a good position, but his style marries well with CAA because Marathe is not adverse to inking deals that pay the player well, but he is always insistent that those deals are constructed so that the 49ers can get out with minimal consequences if the player isn't earning that contract nearly immediately.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jul 13, 2019 at 9:12 AM ]

• evil
  • Veteran

All teams are aware of CAA as they represent a boatload of draftees and current players. There are currently 10 unsigned picks in total and 5 of those are first rounders. Of those 5 first round picks, 4 are repped by CAA. Last season CAA repped 7 of the top 10 players selected and 5 of those 7 were without deals at the beginning of July.

Without being being privvy to the inner workings or Nick's negotiation, we cannot fairly assign blame to either side. You said it yourself, CAA is known for this which only further proves you cannot assign blame short of showing bias to one side without the inside info on what is really holding things up.
CAA is notorious for waiting till the end to get deals done, McGlinchey and Pettis are CAA clients I believe, and were the last picks to sign with us right before Camp. Paraag knows this, it's nothing to worry about. It's about offsets, and bonus payments(they get paid in 4 payments, but the timing is what CAA is working out for Bosa and the rest of their unsigned clients in the 1st rd, only Garrett Bradbury signed of their 1st rd clients).
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
MANDARICH... I meant BOSA signed .yet???
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I need me some Bosa.
Originally posted by 9moon:
MANDARICH... I meant BOSA signed .yet???

Good one...
Share 49ersWebzone