There are 73 users in the forums

Nick Bosa-DE-Ohio State is a Niner (no politics)

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
... a 2nd round Deevah !!!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Nicks madden football numbers
Awr - 74
spd - 79
acc - 91
agi - 86
str - 84

DE Nick Bosa San Fransisco 49ers
Nick Bosa was the second overall selection in the 2019 NFL Draft and is expected to be a key contributor in helping to turn around the San Fransisco 49ers. He is the third-highest rated rookie in Madden 20. While he dealt with injuries during camp, Bosa is expected to be healthy for the 2019 season and will certainly be available for Ohio State and 49ers fans to play with in the game.
https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/LongFormArticle/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-football-Madden-NFL-20-Nick-Bosa-Dwayne-Haskins-Parris-Campbell-Terry-McLaurin-133347920/#133347920_1
It's funny the more I read into the Joey Bosa contract issues the more it was obvious that LA was being massively cheap.

"The team wants to hold off on paying a large portion of Bosa's signing bonus until March 2017. Bosa wants to be paid that money by the end of the 2016 season. The Chargers say they do not want to break precedent by doing so, despite the fact that every top-three pick over the last five years has been paid their signing bonus by the end of their rookie season."

"Is that really the only issue?

Not exactly. The Chargers also want to include what's called "Offset language" in Bosa's contract, which essentially allows them to save a few millions if they decide to cut Bosa after his third season and another team signs him."

"What's Bosa's reaction to this?

Bosa says he'd agree to the "offset language" if the Chargers agreed to pay him his signing bonus by the end of next season. Or he'd agree to hold off the signing bonus payment if the team agrees to drop the "offset language" in his contract. He'll accept one or the other, but not both.

"So really, the Chargers are just being cheap?

Yes. Most NFL teams are willing to give their top picks one or the other, if not both. Bosa isn't asking for anything crazy here."

So they wanted to hold back paying his bonus money (a yr later than most teams do) AND they wanted off-set language....but yeah the Bosas' are totally greedy a*****es smh
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 5, 2019 at 2:03 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
man, I just know that if you will end up GIVING a player the rookie contract he's going to ask for, you may as well just save time and hand it to him already.

Bosa and Deevah signed yet???
Originally posted by 9moon:
will he be as good as his dad or his bro (Joey)??

This is just my opinion, but I think he will be better, and by a margin.

They are very similar players, but the big advantage Nick has over Joey (and I'd imagine their Dad) is that he bends a lot better, he's also a little more explosive.

When you consider that those two traits are probably the most important for an edge, I'm pretty confident he'll be better.
Completely agree, Mac. Those are the two attributes that I'd identify as well when comparing the Bosa boys.

Will he better than his brother? There's only one way to answer that.
man, I just know that if you will end up GIVING a player the rookie contract he's going to ask for, you may as well just save time and hand it to him already.

They won't sign until camp, that's the way their agency works. Who here can honestly say they wouldn't want to get the best deal they could?

I'm not sweating until day 3 of camp, there are serious issues if it's not done by then. Ironically I think it's much more important for Deebo to be out there given how hard it is for WR's to pick up the system.

I'm confident Nick can adjust with missed time, but he does need to get his body right.

Side note to 9moon, don't try and improve the best nickname ever given to anybody!
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Jul 5, 2019 at 8:21 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

They won't sign until camp, that's the way their agency works. Who here can honestly say they wouldn't want to get the best deal they could?

I'm not sweating until day 3 of camp, there are serious issues if it's not done by then. Ironically I think it's much more important for Deebo to be out there given how hard it is for WR's to pick up the system.

I'm confident Nick can adjust with missed time, but he does need to get his body right.

Side note to 9moon, don't try and improve the best nickname ever given to anybody!

... ain't tryin, I'm DOING it..

... ain't tryin, I'm DOING it..

will he be as good as his dad or his bro (Joey)??

They are very similar players, but the big advantage Nick has over Joey (and I'd imagine their Dad) is that he bends a lot better, he's also a little more explosive.

When you consider that those two traits are probably the most important for an edge, I'm pretty confident he'll be better.

Not to mention the team he went to. The 49ers Dline was pretty stacked before Bosa, he solidified it. I see big big things for Bosa. That's my guy.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Originally posted by Heroism:
Completely agree, Mac. Those are the two attributes that I'd identify as well when comparing the Bosa boys.

Will he better than his brother? There's only one way to answer that.

I just watched his Penn State game and he was pretty impressive in pass rush mode in that game to close out that game for a win.

I don't think San Diego has the kind of explosive offense that we potentially on paper have. If Bosa is put in a position like in the Penn State game where he's closing out the game via pass rush - and he has Dee Ford and Buckner with him, if I'm Saleh, I'm moving Bosa all over that O-line to pick on the weakest pass protector.

In other words, if the talent surrounding Bosa is above averge to superior, I can't see why he doesn't beat Aldon's sack record and get Rookie DPOY. Not that I'm predicting that - but I think the potential to do so is there.
He still holding out!?

Saw that he was golfing yesterday
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Me too...especially if we got our version of Von Miller in this class.

But yeah 2011 was insane. Can only imagine what could've been if Aldon wasn't an alchy.

When it's all said and done that class already has 2 guys in the top 50 all time sack list(Miller/Watt) and has 6 guys in the top 100(Kerrigan/Justin Houston/Cam Jordan//Robert Quinn)

It sucks honestly looking back and realizing Aldon was on a pace ahead of all of them(actually literally ahead of EVERYONE) his first 2 seasons.

If 8 years into Nick's career he's on the top 100 career sack leaders list we'll be very happy. If he's in the top 50 we'd be partying in the streets.
Absolutely agree. This defensive class (2019 class) was a really good class. Specially for DLinemen. I really don't care though, what the rest of the class does, other than what Nick does and our players.

Jistin Smith was (I think) 8+ years into his career when Aldon was drafted. Buckner is still on his rookie contract when Bosa comes in during training camp. That D Line could be like the makings of 49er Splash Brother kind of group that would be around for a long time (health permitting - knock on wood).

If John Lynch is right, that our DB's are better than how they looked like last year without a pass rush, I can see Bosa having a shot at the rookie sack record. He will have even a better shot at it if Kyle's offense hit's it's explosive potential as a scoring machine. Then Bosa will be in pass rush mode from the git go and hopefully rack up some great sack numbers to get close to that rookie record.

I hope Buckner is strengthening his hands to be able to hold the OLinemen in those specialized stunt packages with Bosa.
Share 49erswebzone