There are 219 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by genus49:
Once again...there is no point in crying ab out the contract situation at this stage in the game.

I love how the anti Bosa crowd somehow overlooks the fact that Samuel hasn't signed his deal either.

If it's July 20 and they're still not signed then I can see people getting a little nervous with training camp around the corner. But we've also seen Solomon Thomas sign the morning of the first practice.

Second round picks rarely holdout though.

When was the last time we had a 1st round pick holdout not named Crabtree?

The fact that Bosa and Samuel are repped by the same agency and Samuel, who is a 2nd rounder and as you said those guys rarely hold out, still hasn't signed...then maybe the issue isn't that both Bosa and Samuel are going to hold out but maybe that the agency wants to wait as long as possible to sign their guys to ensure their contracts are structured as best as they can be for the player and the agents alike?

Our last 2 first round picks were also CAA players. Thomas signed right when camp opened, McGlinchey signed a week prior to TC opening.

We are 3.5 weeks away from camp. The players aren't even in the area. Why are people expecting this to happen now?

The precedent with this agency isn't there for this with this very front office.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Once again...there is no point in crying ab out the contract situation at this stage in the game.

I love how the anti Bosa crowd somehow overlooks the fact that Samuel hasn't signed his deal either.

If it's July 20 and they're still not signed then I can see people getting a little nervous with training camp around the corner. But we've also seen Solomon Thomas sign the morning of the first practice.

The fact that Bosa and Samuel are repped by the same agency and Samuel, who is a 2nd rounder and as you said those guys rarely hold out, still hasn't signed...then maybe the issue isn't that both Bosa and Samuel are going to hold out but maybe that the agency wants to wait as long as possible to sign their guys to ensure their contracts are structured as best as they can be for the player and the agents alike?

Our last 2 first round picks were also CAA players. Thomas signed right when camp opened, McGlinchey signed a week prior to TC opening.

We are 3.5 weeks away from camp. The players aren't even in the area. Why are people expecting this to happen now?

The precedent with this agency isn't there for this with this very front office.
I was just answering your remark of why some aren't bringing up Samuel being unsigned. Probably because there isn't much of a track record for second round picks being holdouts.

I'm not going to pretend I know what's going to happen with Bosa.

I was just answering your remark of why some aren't bringing up Samuel being unsigned. Probably because there isn't much of a track record for second round picks being holdouts.

You don't honestly think that do you?

People can't get over the whole Joey Bosa holdout thing and somehow because Nick is his brother he's destined for a hold out. Same chit people were bringing up before we even drafted him. The idea is silly.

Chargers were the problem in the Joey Bosa situation.

Nick and Deebo will both be signed and ready to go come training camp and I can't wait for it to finally get here so we can move on with these threads and talk about some real football.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

People can't get over the whole Joey Bosa holdout thing and somehow because Nick is his brother he's destined for a hold out. Same chit people were bringing up before we even drafted him. The idea is silly.

Nick and Deebo will both be signed and ready to go come training camp and I can't wait for it to finally get here so we can move
Go ahead and list them.

Nick and Deebo will both be signed and ready to go come training camp and I can't wait for it to finally get here so we can move
Go ahead and list them.

I meant you don't think the reason for why people are ignoring Samuel has anything to do with 2nd rounders holding out.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Go ahead and list them.

I meant you don't think the reason for why people are ignoring Samuel has anything to do with 2nd rounders holding out.
Outside of a few trolls here. Yes

Go ahead and list them.

Outside of a few trolls here. Yes

I have a feeling only those people are the ones worried about his "holdout"

Anyone else talking about Bosa holding out are joking. But if there's someone who legit is worried about Bosa holding out with nearly a month to go til training camp then I apologize.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
... a 2nd round Deevah !!!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Nicks madden football numbers
Awr - 74
spd - 79
acc - 91
agi - 86
str - 84

DE Nick Bosa San Fransisco 49ers
Nick Bosa was the second overall selection in the 2019 NFL Draft and is expected to be a key contributor in helping to turn around the San Fransisco 49ers. He is the third-highest rated rookie in Madden 20. While he dealt with injuries during camp, Bosa is expected to be healthy for the 2019 season and will certainly be available for Ohio State and 49ers fans to play with in the game.
https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/LongFormArticle/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-football-Madden-NFL-20-Nick-Bosa-Dwayne-Haskins-Parris-Campbell-Terry-McLaurin-133347920/#133347920_1

It's funny the more I read into the Joey Bosa contract issues the more it was obvious that LA was being massively cheap.

"The team wants to hold off on paying a large portion of Bosa's signing bonus until March 2017. Bosa wants to be paid that money by the end of the 2016 season. The Chargers say they do not want to break precedent by doing so, despite the fact that every top-three pick over the last five years has been paid their signing bonus by the end of their rookie season."

"Is that really the only issue?

Not exactly. The Chargers also want to include what's called "Offset language" in Bosa's contract, which essentially allows them to save a few millions if they decide to cut Bosa after his third season and another team signs him."

"What's Bosa's reaction to this?

Bosa says he'd agree to the "offset language" if the Chargers agreed to pay him his signing bonus by the end of next season. Or he'd agree to hold off the signing bonus payment if the team agrees to drop the "offset language" in his contract. He'll accept one or the other, but not both.

"So really, the Chargers are just being cheap?

Yes. Most NFL teams are willing to give their top picks one or the other, if not both. Bosa isn't asking for anything crazy here."

So they wanted to hold back paying his bonus money (a yr later than most teams do) AND they wanted off-set language....but yeah the Bosas' are totally greedy a*****es smh
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 5, 2019 at 2:03 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
man, I just know that if you will end up GIVING a player the rookie contract he's going to ask for, you may as well just save time and hand it to him already.

Bosa and Deevah signed yet???
Originally posted by 9moon:
will he be as good as his dad or his bro (Joey)??

This is just my opinion, but I think he will be better, and by a margin.

They are very similar players, but the big advantage Nick has over Joey (and I'd imagine their Dad) is that he bends a lot better, he's also a little more explosive.

When you consider that those two traits are probably the most important for an edge, I'm pretty confident he'll be better.
Completely agree, Mac. Those are the two attributes that I'd identify as well when comparing the Bosa boys.

Will he better than his brother? There's only one way to answer that.
Originally posted by 9moon:
man, I just know that if you will end up GIVING a player the rookie contract he's going to ask for, you may as well just save time and hand it to him already.

Bosa and Deevah signed yet???

They won't sign until camp, that's the way their agency works. Who here can honestly say they wouldn't want to get the best deal they could?

I'm not sweating until day 3 of camp, there are serious issues if it's not done by then. Ironically I think it's much more important for Deebo to be out there given how hard it is for WR's to pick up the system.

I'm confident Nick can adjust with missed time, but he does need to get his body right.

Side note to 9moon, don't try and improve the best nickname ever given to anybody!
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Jul 5, 2019 at 8:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone