LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
There are just 16 unsigned rookies. Six of them are first-rounders and, as you might expect, all eyes are on second overall draft pick Nick Bosa. That's largely because his brother Joey carried a holdout to the end of August in 2016, before winning Defensive Rookie of the Year honors a few months later. The younger Bosa's got the same representation, the same family infrastructure, and the same resolve his brother does. So what caused the holdout three years ago? A dispute over offset language and the payment timeline of the elder Bosa's $17.02 million signing bonus. And the Niners are generally pretty strict on their contractual terms, and have been here the last couple years. They signed 2017 second-overall pick Solomon Thomas a day into camp, and last year's ninth-overall pick, Mike McGlinchey, three days before camp started. (Both those guys, by the way, had offset language in their contracts.) Which is to say, this might take a little while.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/06/24/kyler-murray-cardinals-devin-bush-steelers-nick-bosa-49ers-contract

insertkermitpanic.gif
Originally posted by cciowa:
the fact they stuck by him year after year despite more injuries. not being trustworthy and yes not playing well as a player is very puzzling. fine, he did not get hurt in college. well. obviously,. when he came to the nfl and had to put on his big boy pants. he could not measure up. he is the one who is always hurt. he is the one who has earned the label and yes. its is well deserved so far in his sorry ass nfl career

Your first statement has nothing to do with what we're talking about...that's a separate debate and one we both agree on (why the F do they stick with this dude).

My pt with Ward as it relates to Bosa....is the injury prone label coming out of college..... and how it doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot in a sport that can produce a massive injury at any point to a player that's never been injured in his life, THAT will in turn make him "injury prone". IMHO there's a massive difference between a guy having a hernia and one coming off a ACL that hasn't played football since.

I just think there needs to be more context when discussing that term. dats it
Originally posted by FL9er:
There are just 16 unsigned rookies. Six of them are first-rounders and, as you might expect, all eyes are on second overall draft pick Nick Bosa. That's largely because his brother Joey carried a holdout to the end of August in 2016, before winning Defensive Rookie of the Year honors a few months later. The younger Bosa's got the same representation, the same family infrastructure, and the same resolve his brother does. So what caused the holdout three years ago? A dispute over offset language and the payment timeline of the elder Bosa's $17.02 million signing bonus. And the Niners are generally pretty strict on their contractual terms, and have been here the last couple years. They signed 2017 second-overall pick Solomon Thomas a day into camp, and last year's ninth-overall pick, Mike McGlinchey, three days before camp started. (Both those guys, by the way, had offset language in their contracts.) Which is to say, this might take a little while.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/06/24/kyler-murray-cardinals-devin-bush-steelers-nick-bosa-49ers-contract

insertkermitpanic.gif

I mean CAA has 4 of the 6 last unsigned 1st rd prospects....it's not just Bosa or his family (which is nonsense to begin with) this is how CAA does business. I love how he left out that Thomas, McGlinchey, and even Garnett were all clients of CAA.

SF knows exactly what they have to do being in this situation every yr since 2016 with our 1st RD picks.

Even Deebo is represented by CAA, he's one of the only 2nd rd picks STILL not signed either. I'm guessing they don't sign until late July and honestly who cares.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

insertkermitpanic.gif

I mean CAA has 4 of the 6 last unsigned 1st rd prospects....it's not just Bosa or his family (which is nonsense to begin with) this is how CAA does business. I love how he left out that Thomas, McGlinchey, and even Garnett were all clients of CAA.

SF knows exactly what they have to do being in this situation every yr since 2016 with our 1st RD picks.

Even Deebo is represented by CAA, he's one of the only 2nd rd picks STILL not signed either. I'm guessing they don't sign until late July and honestly who cares.

This is what i'm talking about. It's a slow time of year so we get these articles coming out and of course every idiot comes out of the woodwork to call Bosa's greedy completely forgetting the fact that it was the Chargers who were greedy trying to pull this BS no other team picking in the top 5 did.

Bosa stood his ground, just like Roquan Smith did last year with the Bears.

Same agency reps two of our last first round picks...both of whom signed right before training camp, which by my count is a month away.

So why are we getting all these holdout/contract dispute articles? It's called bait.

I just wish 49er fans were educated enough and not ignorant enough to feed into it. Glad the majority here are but seems like sanity is the minority on social media.

Ftfy
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by mojave45:
Posting " he sucks" with no reasons or analysis will get you ridiculed. For good reason. It's an opinion based on nothing, which is what the post is worth. It's an open forum, everyone gets to say what they want (within the rules) but that doesn't mean a post or opinion is immune from criticism. It's OK to make a post like that, but don't whine at the response.

Exactly
lawrence phillips sucks. i do not know this for sure. but i suspect even 85 will not ask me to elaborate!!

Sucked, past tense, since he killed himself in prison.

he still sucks in the 7th level of hell where he is at now,. where the beast lives in the icy water

What he did to Steve at the prime of his career, he should rot in hell.
i pooh pooed the importance of a running back pass blocking until that day. really makes you appreciate gore.
Even if.

Frankie G's rushing stats already get him in the HOF. His blocking is on par with that. I'm trying to think of a RB that pass blocked better than him. Only Walter Payton, who was a motherjoking beast in the pass blocking game, comes to mind.

And, Frankie was and is a great receiver when and if you decided to throw to him.

I want us to be great and on the road to the SB and then Frankie signs a contract and gets to contribute on the way there. I know we are not going to retire any more numbers but #97, #21, #94, #52, and #51 deserve honorable mention. And #74 for Staley too.

Frank Gore was underused as a pass reciever in Harbaugh's offense, in my opinion. #74 was also fred Dean's number.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
It also annoys me how people act like Goodwin is injury prone after 2018, he missed 3 due to injuries, 2 due to his wife losing their unborn twins.

This.

But on a personal note, I am worried how his concussions will affect him long term.
Originally posted by genus49:
This is what i'm talking about. It's a slow time of year so we get these articles coming out and of course every idiot comes out of the woodwork to call Bosa's greedy completely forgetting the fact that it was the Chargers who were greedy trying to pull this BS no other team picking in the top 5 did.

Bosa stood his ground, just like Roquan Smith did last year with the Bears.

Same agency reps two of our last first round picks...both of whom signed right before training camp, which by my count is a month away.

So why are we getting all these holdout/contract dispute articles? It's called bait.

I just wish 49er fans were educated enough and not ignorant enough to feed into it. Glad the majority here are but seems like sanity is the minority on social media.

Couldn't agree more.

Also it was 3 of our past 1st rd picks (Thomas, McG, and Garnett) they all didn't sign until last min...that's just how CAA roles.
Is Nick still Nick'd up?
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Is Nick still Nick'd up?

Yes. He's in a full body cast right now. I'm told he may never hold a pen again so a contract holdout is imminent.

Is Nick still Nick'd up?

Yes. He's in a full body cast right now. I'm told he may never hold a pen again so a contract holdout is imminent.

So, the hammy was more serious than we thought?
Is Nick still Nick'd up?

So, the hammy was more serious than we thought?

It spread.
Hey guys do you recall the Bosa article written about his upbringing and getting into football. Trying to track it down but don't recall which Matt wrote it.

nm found it.

For anyone who missed it since i have the link handy.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/nick-bosa-intuitively-drawn-sport-shaped-his-life-nfl-draft-future
[ Edited by genus49 on Jun 27, 2019 at 12:42 PM ]
Just heard the head D line coach from Ohio State talking about what makes Nick the special pass rusher he is. He broke everything down really well from his first step to his leg power and so on. He feels he'll really benefit from the wide 9. Now we just need to get him on the field. he was interview on KNBR bt Kruger and Maiocco.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jun 27, 2019 at 12:57 PM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Just heard the head D line coach from Ohio State talking about what makes Nick the special pass rusher he is. He broke everything down really well from his first step to his leg power and so on. He feels he'll really benefit from the wide 9. Now we just need to get him on the field. he was interview on KNBR bt Kruger and Maiocco.

love to hear that interview.

Yeah Larry Johnson is regarded as one of the best DL coaches in college football.
Share 49ersWebzone