There are 224 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by genus49:
The amount of ignorance with Bosa's contract situation is really getting under my skin. It's embarrassing for the fanbase.

Who's saying anything?

Social media comments when the "Bosa contract situation" news is posted.
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

Don't give me this "injury prone" nonsense with football...everybody does and will get hurt at some pt.

Yep, you're right. There's no difference in durability between guys like Jimmie Ward and Deforest Buckner. Injury prone is a myth.

How many games in college did Jimmie Ward miss

2013: Third-team All-American, first-team All-MAC, and a semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award starting in 14 games. 2012: First-team All-MAC pick after starting all 13 games. Made 14 tackles in Orange Bowl against Florida State. 2011: First-team All-MAC pick after playing in 14 games and starting 12. Made six tackles and had an interception in the MAC Championship Game against Ohio. 2010: Played in 13 games, and set a school record with three blocked punts.

Dude played in 54 college games....

I don't think you can label injuries all the same and under the label "injury prone" IMO I put a bigger red flag next to a draft pick that's currently coming off a big injury like an ACL/Achilles and we haven't seen them play after that injury.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 25, 2019 at 1:25 PM ]
Originally posted by genus49:
Social media comments when the "Bosa contract situation" news is posted.

Ahhh I see, I thought you meant in here....media has to talk about something right now lol.

CAA doesn't even have their 2nd rd pick Deebo signed I imagine Bosa along with their other 4 unsigned 1st rd picks will be a while.

Don't give me this "injury prone" nonsense with football...everybody does and will get hurt at some pt.

Yep, you're right. There's no difference in durability between guys like Jimmie Ward and Deforest Buckner. Injury prone is a myth.

And Earl Thomas is as injury prone as Ward is, and people slammed the table for him. I agree with NYniners85, Injury Prone is a bs term, everyone gets hurt at some point in their career, some more than others, people need to stop acting like this game doesn't cause this, our bodies were never meant to take this time of punishment.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
people like jimmy ward blows before during and after the fact in my opinion. i would take craig dahl big time over him

Damn cc, I know you hate Ward but you Craig Dahl hate him??

I did not hate craig like so many others did back in the day! i just used him to jerk the chains of the guys who remember and used to rip him up and down! lol

I was one of um, he sucked
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
And Earl Thomas is as injury prone as Ward is, and people slammed the table for him. I agree with NYniners85, Injury Prone is a bs term, everyone gets hurt at some point in their career, some more than others, people need to stop acting like this game doesn't cause this, our bodies were never meant to take this time of punishment.

Thank you!

Listen, imo I think there's a massive difference between drafting a kid who's coming off an ACL/Achilles (ex Brandon Thomas) and we haven't seen what he is after an injury like that vs a dude getting a sports hernia surgery.

ET is a good example....also remember everyone wanting Alshon Jeffery a couple yrs ago despite all his "soft tissue" injuries. I think he's missed like two games since going to philly.

How many games to do you have to play before you're not labeled "injury prone" how's that work
Not sure what the set criteria is but let's get out of fantasy world in terms of saying labeling somebody injury prone is stupid. It's totally legit. some guys are fragile and some just have bad luck. But it is what it is. If you have spent the half to the majority of your years in the league injured then you are injury prone. Jimmy Ward and Jason Verrett are prime examples of being injury prone. Guy gets hurts and missing one or 2 games a year for several years then i wouldn't label him injury prone. Guys get banged up. May even have serious injury in there. I wouldn't call them injury prone. Example Richard Sherman. I wouldn't label Earl Thomas as injury prone either. Guy only missed 7 games in his 1st 8 years in the league. Not sure how anyone can put Bosa in the injury prone category as he only missed major time one of his 3 years.
It also annoys me how people act like Goodwin is injury prone after 2018, he missed 3 due to injuries, 2 due to his wife losing their unborn twins.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

nice try guys. but ward is injury prone.. being hurt every year since he has been in the nfl, even getting hurt when no one was within 20 yards of him is injury prone. maybe people liked earl because unlike ward, when earl played. he was proven to be very very good and our secondary was and is crying out for very very good
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
people like jimmy ward blows before during and after the fact in my opinion. i would take craig dahl big time over him

Damn cc, I know you hate Ward but you Craig Dahl hate him??

I did not hate craig like so many others did back in the day! i just used him to jerk the chains of the guys who remember and used to rip him up and down! lol

I was one of um, he sucked

lol,, he was a jh guy! back then it was nice. there were not a whole lot of guys to hate on those elite teams! poor craig.lol, he did run a awesome fake punt for us one time and got a first down.. 808 says.. stop trying to humanize dahl!

That's a ridiculous statement.
nice try guys. but ward is injury prone.. being hurt every year since he has been in the nfl, even getting hurt when no one was within 20 yards of him is injury prone. maybe people liked earl because unlike ward, when earl played. he was proven to be very very good and our secondary was and is crying out for very very good

You're missing the pt...did SF or anyone know ward was "injury prone" when he was drafted? Dude played in 54 college football games. It's easy and fine to label him that 6 yrs into his career.
Originally posted by lamontb:
That's a ridiculous statement.

While I think ward has dealt with more injuries...would ET be labeled "injury prone" at this pt in his career? He's missed 19 games the past 3 yrs.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Not sure what the set criteria is but let's get out of fantasy world in terms of saying labeling somebody injury prone is stupid. It's totally legit. some guys are fragile and some just have bad luck. But it is what it is. If you have spent the half to the majority of your years in the league injured then you are injury prone. Jimmy Ward and Jason Verrett are prime examples of being injury prone. Guy gets hurts and missing one or 2 games a year for several years then i wouldn't label him injury prone. Guys get banged up. May even have serious injury in there. I wouldn't call them injury prone. Example Richard Sherman. I wouldn't label Earl Thomas as injury prone either. Guy only missed 7 games in his 1st 8 years in the league. Not sure how anyone can put Bosa in the injury prone category as he only missed major time one of his 3 years.

I'd love to know what equals injury prone as well? Also I'd love to know if someone is injury prone how long they have to play without injury to NOT be labeled injury prone
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

You're missing the pt...did SF or anyone know ward was "injury prone" when he was drafted? Dude played in 54 college football games. It's easy and fine to label him that 6 yrs into his career.

the fact they stuck by him year after year despite more injuries. not being trustworthy and yes not playing well as a player is very puzzling. fine, he did not get hurt in college. well. obviously,. when he came to the nfl and had to put on his big boy pants. he could not measure up. he is the one who is always hurt. he is the one who has earned the label and yes. its is well deserved so far in his sorry ass nfl career
Share 49ersWebzone