LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I didn't see it, but the get off is often the most explosive part of the play for a DE. I am guessing that the pre-draft dog-and-pony show took him out of his routine. It usually takes about 72 hours to fully hydrate soft tissue. If he was flying a lot, he was probably dehydrated. Dyhydrated tissue injures more easily and heals more slowly. He was probably missing a lot of workouts because of the travel/visit schedule, and maintenance workouts often cut some mobility work to focus the limited workout time on preventing muscular atrophy. The combination of slight deconditioning, slight loss of elasticity, slight dehydration, and a profound desire to impress in his first week in the NFL could have put him at risk to strain the muscle.

A 1st degree strain isn't a big deal, but the hammies are so big and troublesome that I think they were right to put him on the shelf and let it heal all the way.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Originally posted by Giedi:
ShanaLynch were committed to picking Bosa since the Combine!

Bosa should be getting around 33 million guaranteed. 33 million dollar hamstrings!

The team has been committed to the standout defensive end prospect since the Combine, with Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reporting 49ers executive VP of football operations Paraag Maranthe telling Bosa's agent in Indianapolis he would be the 49ers' pick at No. 2 — provided the Cardinals did not take him first overall.
Like Joey Bosa's situation in 2016, offset language serves as one of this deal's holdups, Maiocco adds. The other snag is how the money will be paid out. Nick Bosa's slot price comes in at $33.55MM, and it will be fully guaranteed.
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/06/49ers-decided-on-nick-bosa-at-combine

Sounds like we could be in for a long holdout.

Given the family history is this a surprise?

I hate this part of sports.

It's all about television and the money associated with it. I don't see it stopping any time soon, unfortunately.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Forums often show the stupidity of humanity. Bosa was the obvious choice even knowing his injury concerns. The entire process is risk.

They forever blew it but I hope Bosa works out just the same.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Forums often show the stupidity of humanity. Bosa was the obvious choice even knowing his injury concerns. The entire process is risk.

Maybe we can trade Mullens for Q.Willams!
Originally posted by Giedi:
Maybe we can trade Mullens for Q.Willams!

The Jets new GM laughs in Darnold.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
I agree and i like the pick very much and i think he will be what we all think he will be, i suppose since our choices of coaches and players have went off the cliff a bit since jh. the niners are under a bigger microscope.. and probably rightfully so.

Ahhhh did you not remember the overall draft sections when Harbs was here? It wasn't amazing by any means.
yes, i said jenkins sucks and is not worth being drafted number one.. if i recall. very few people called me out and made me prove it. lol. it spoke for itself.. sus did the same for jimmy ward and was persecuted for it to
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I agree and i like the pick very much and i think he will be what we all think he will be, i suppose since our choices of coaches and players have went off the cliff a bit since jh. the niners are under a bigger microscope.. and probably rightfully so.

Ahhhh did you not remember the overall draft sections when Harbs was here? It wasn't amazing by any means.
my point was. since jh left and it was proven that the team had no plan to bring in something better. then followed that up with chip... i do not blame people for questioning how we do business. untill we actually get to 500, they or we have a right to
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Nah I disagree

HA...s**t
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I get the love for QW, but it's redundant when you have DeFo, and had a huge need at EDGE even with Dee on the roster.

Even QW is hurting right now, it's early, I'm not concerned.
yes, i said jenkins sucks and is not worth being drafted number one.. if i recall. very few people called me out and made me prove it. lol. it spoke for itself.. sus did the same for jimmy ward and was persecuted for it to

I'm sure sus wanted aldon smith too lol...regardless of off field stuff (which wasn't an issue on college) dude was a freaking stud and most people weren't happy about the pick after it happened.

I don't remember people being stoked about Ward when it happened...also if you hate every pick you're bound to be right at some pt lol.

Back to my pt, a lot of Harbs/Baalke picks were whiffs. We're going into yr 3 into a massive rebuild, wasn't much of a foundation to start with when Kyle/John got here imo.

I'm sure sus wanted aldon smith too lol...regardless of off field stuff (which wasn't an issue on college) dude was a freaking stud and most people weren't happy about the pick after it happened.

I don't remember people being stoked about Ward when it happened...also if you hate every pick you're bound to be right at some pt lol.

Back to my pt, a lot of Harbs/Baalke picks were whiffs. We're going into yr 3 into a massive rebuild, wasn't much of a foundation to start with when Kyle/John got here imo.

Most of Jim/Baalke's good picks or signees were gone by the time Kyle and John arrived, look at Willis, A.Davis, Borland, J.Smith all retiring in one offseason. Aldon going full on moron, Vernon and Gore let walk by Baalke. Remember how mad we were when Gore was let to walk, that's not on Kyle or John, that's on Baalke.

John and Kyle had a s**t roster to begin with, they've had to slowly rebuild cause you can't rebuild in 1 yr, Jim had so much talent all over the field leftover from previous regimes. My philosophy is to sign 2 big FAs each offseason, they've done that, Jet/Richburg(whether you like Jet or not, he was one of the top backs last offseason), and then Dee/Kwon, had they signed a FS to a multi year deal we'd be over the cap next year, we're already at just $3M under next year before carryover.
my point was. since jh left and it was proven that the team had no plan to bring in something better. then followed that up with chip... i do not blame people for questioning how we do business. untill we actually get to 500, they or we have a right to

I also had an issue with who the replaced Harbs with right after as well...I think Jed's issue was he had too much faith in Baalke.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Most of Jim/Baalke's good picks or signees were gone by the time Kyle and John arrived, look at Willis, A.Davis, Borland, J.Smith all retiring in one offseason. Aldon going full on moron, Vernon and Gore let walk by Baalke. Remember how mad we were when Gore was let to walk, that's not on Kyle or John, that's on Baalke.

John and Kyle had a s**t roster to begin with, they've had to slowly rebuild cause you can't rebuild in 1 yr, Jim had so much talent all over the field leftover from previous regimes. My philosophy is to sign 2 big FAs each offseason, they've done that, Jet/Richburg(whether you like Jet or not, he was one of the top backs last offseason), and then Dee/Kwon, had they signed a FS to a multi year deal we'd be over the cap next year, we're already at just $3M under next year before carryover.

Yeah people forget about that 2015 off season from hell

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/49ers-offseason-aldon-smith-jim-harbaugh-patrick-willis-frank-gore-chris-borland-anthony-davis-081215

When you don't make good draft decisions for a couple yrs and everyone leaves in one off season, it's gonna be a s**t show. Throw in Baalke at the helm for two more yrs fuxking around with Jimmy T and chip kelly ugh.

Like you said it's gonna take some time.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 24, 2019 at 5:59 PM ]
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
This was and will be a terrible pick.

Shoulda kept Cassius Marsh, amirite.

it is his opinion. so what.. people have a right to their opinions here and unless the rules have changed.. i do not the think the poster making such opinion needs to give a long list of why he thinks that.. here is an idea. instead of getting snarky with 499,, just ask him why he thinks that.. maybe he thinks the guy is a injury risk. or maybe he has seen him play and does not like something about his game that he could cover up in college but not in the nfl. and maybe 499 has seen how this board works with some fans.. even if you say something to justify your opinion about a player. you just get ridiculed and lol at. and maybe he thinks . its not worth it. again very understandable

Saying someone is a terrible pick before the kid has even played a game is a stupid opinion. But he's entitled to it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I also had an issue with who the replaced Harbs with right after as well...I think Jed's issue was he had too much faith in Baalke.
of course you are right. i said . this team is still set up to win. we need a vet coach like gruden.holmgren etc to come in here. we got what we got. cc open mind tried to be nice but it was a cluster f**k. and set us back to the extent we are still recovering and picking second. i have no faith trust or confidence in jed. he lucked into jh which gave us the only hope we have had for almost 20 years
Share 49ersWebzone