LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's june and there's several 1st round picks still not signed. Included Q.Williams who a lot of ppl on here like to remind everyone that we should've taken him even though he's proved just as much as Bosa up to this point. This isn't an issue until training camp starts
Originally posted by thl408:
It's a pug? Should be something tough like a tyrannosaurus.

Bite your tongue, sir! That is a french bulldog...I own two myself (great dogs especially if you live in the city) nothing worse than someone calling your frenchie a pug
Originally posted by wailers15:
Cool story..,, he sign yet

Read post #3032
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Rookie Aldon Smith - 14 sacks,

Nick Bosa? - I'm betting he'll get close to Aldon's record - but he won't beat Aldon's rookie sack record.

I'm still of the opinion Aldon Smith was average at best. It was apparent he benefited immensely from cowboy getting double teamed (and holding o linemen regularly).

I'm glad that Cowboy was such a great player for us, but don't blindly assume that a # of other players could have taken Aldon Smith's place and "got there" as often as he did. He wasn't the 1st or the only player to play on the line with Justin.

Aldon's athleticism to finish the job on plays was fully on display over and over. Alot of others close on the QB only to have them get rid of the ball. That's what separates the old Aldon from many others and you just don't get one of those very often. Don't expect the same ceiling out of Bosa,...but don't expect him to be arrested and publicly intoxicated over and over while in his prime either.

I don't see why I can't say he *can* either. Nobody knows - including the coaches - how Bosa is going to handle the NFL and the level of competition yet. That's what pre-season is about. To see what we got. Having said that, again, the difference between a Kerrigan and a Charles Haley or Fred Dean is more mental than physical. Also another factor is how creative Saleh is in getting Bosa in position to do some damage on offenses.

For example, I remember Seifert doing some well timed inside blitzes from the ILB position anticipating the DT (Buckner) being doubled and the LEO (Dean/Haley/Bosa) being chipped by the RB in helping the left tackle. The pass pro rules say that in the case of an inside blitz. the Left OT has to block the ILB and that leaves Bosa/Dean one on one with the RB.

If I was the DC, I'd be moving Bosa to go against the weakest pass protection OLinemen the opposing team has if it's long yardage. For example, if Saleh was going against our OLinemen, I wouldn't hesitate at all in matching up Bosa against any of our Guards or our Center. Matching Bosa against either Staley or McGlinchy would neutralize his effectiveness in my opinion.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Rookie Aldon Smith - 14 sacks,

Nick Bosa? - I'm betting he'll get close to Aldon's record - but he won't beat Aldon's rookie sack record.

I'm still of the opinion Aldon Smith was average at best. It was apparent he benefited immensely from cowboy getting double teamed (and holding o linemen regularly).

I'm glad that Cowboy was such a great player for us, but don't blindly assume that a # of other players could have taken Aldon Smith's place and "got there" as often as he did. He wasn't the 1st or the only player to play on the line with Justin.

Aldon's athleticism to finish the job on plays was fully on display over and over. Alot of others close on the QB only to have them get rid of the ball. That's what separates the old Aldon from many others and you just don't get one of those very often. Don't expect the same ceiling out of Bosa,...but don't expect him to be arrested and publicly intoxicated over and over while in his prime either.

I don't see why I can't say he *can* either. Nobody knows - including the coaches - how Bosa is going to handle the NFL and the level of competition yet. That's what pre-season is about. To see what we got. Having said that, again, the difference between a Kerrigan and a Charles Haley or Fred Dean is more mental than physical. Also another factor is how creative Saleh is in getting Bosa in position to do some damage on offenses.

For example, I remember Seifert doing some well timed inside blitzes from the ILB position anticipating the DT (Buckner) being doubled and the LEO (Dean/Haley/Bosa) being chipped by the RB in helping the left tackle. The pass pro rules say that in the case of an inside blitz. the Left OT has to block the ILB and that leaves Bosa/Dean one on one with the RB.

If I was the DC, I'd be moving Bosa to go against the weakest pass protection OLinemen the opposing team has if it's long yardage. For example, if Saleh was going against our OLinemen, I wouldn't hesitate at all in matching up Bosa against any of our Guards or our Center. Matching Bosa against either Staley or McGlinchy would neutralize his effectiveness in my opinion.

Bosa vs Ethan Pocic
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
It's june and there's several 1st round picks still not signed. Included Q.Williams who a lot of ppl on here like to remind everyone that we should've taken him even though he's proved just as much as Bosa up to this point. This isn't an issue until training camp starts

Of the 6 1st round picks still not signed 4 are represented by CAA. (Bosa/Jones/White/Burns). Based on previous yrs with these guys and SF a deal isn't gonna get done until training camp (possibly that day).

is what it is. SF should know what to do based on Thomas (has CAA) being the 3rd overall pick.
  • thl408

With Bosa, DeFo, and Ford, that's three guys with different traits that Saleh should be able to move around and find a favorable matchup. Bosa with strength, Ford with speed, DeFo with a bit of everything.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Bite your tongue, sir! That is a french bulldog...I own two myself (great dogs especially if you live in the city) nothing worse than someone calling your frenchie a pug

Had I not been informed, I'd have guessed it was a Boston Terrier, of which we have two, twins in fact. They are called The Velvet Cannonballs, aka Tripping Hazards.
Wouldn't set them on a practice field.
Everyone would be injured immediately. I assume a Frenchie is more spatially aware.
Go Team Dog!!
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:

Had I not been informed, I'd have guessed it was a Boston Terrier, of which we have two, twins in fact. They are called The Velvet Cannonballs, aka Tripping Hazards.
Wouldn't set them on a practice field.
Everyone would be injured immediately. I assume a Frenchie is more spatially aware.
Go Team Dog!!
Well the handle of the insta account at the top is The 49erfrenchie

Our old roommate had a Boston Terrier named Paul Revere ha. Dude was insane and along with our frenchies it was a mad house. No spatial awareness to be had.

love that "the velvet cannonballs" haha that's great and so true.

damn right...go team dog!! lol
Remember when rookies were getting $70 million contracts lol
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Jun 20, 2019 at 12:47 PM ]

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Sam Bradford does lol...dude has made over $100+ million for doing jack squat.

What are Alex Smiffs numbers?
Originally posted by swaccmac1:
I would want an agent who's trying to get as much as he can for his client. I think most of the posters in here would want the same thing. most of the others are probably hypocrites. #get all u can bosa.

Not only that, these agent get like what 4% of their clients money?

Also, they need to show future clients (when recruiting prospects) that they will do just that...get you the maximum amount of cash/security... which is stupid important in a game where the avg player plays 3 yrs.

it all makes sense to me
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

What are Alex Smiffs numbers?

as of now career earnings are $187 million

That rule change on rookie salary cap was VERY smart.

Some would make more than really solid players who couldn't get the financial compensation they deserved because so much money went to unproven rookies.
Share 49ersWebzone