LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
That's the key in the 4-3 under. That DT. If you have a dominant DT that can draw doubles, that LEO is going to have a banner year. In that clip, it looked like Cowboy and Aldon faked a stunt and did a straight rush and wrongfooted the Patriots OLine to take the wrong blocking angles.

Agree
Originally posted by Giedi:
That's the key in the 4-3 under. That DT. If you have a dominant DT that can draw doubles, that LEO is going to have a banner year. In that clip, it looked like Cowboy and Aldon faked a stunt and did a straight rush and wrongfooted the Patriots OLine to take the wrong blocking angles.

That's incorrect. What Aldon did was a jab-double swipe. Jab to freeze the tackle's feet and draw the punch; swipe to clear the hands.

Pass rush fundamentals 101

Aldon's technique was impeccable.

btw, what you're describing, Giedi, is what is called a coffeehouse stunt. It just so happens someone posted the 49ers running variant of one recently:

[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 19, 2019 at 1:49 PM ]
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Aldon was also hurt that year. He had labrum surgery right after the Superbowl. Not sure why people choose to ignore this.

Anyone thinking Aldon's production was inflated by Justin Smith needs to get their eyes checked or something because that's one of the silliest misconceptions I see 49er fans perpetuate. It's flat out dumb.

Imagine thinking the guy sending DAVID BAHKTIARI flying onto his ass with a beautiful power-to-hump move was only good because of Justin Smith lol. I've got a whole folder of Aldon demolishing some of the best tackles in the NFL, one-on-one, often times from the complete opposite side of the DL as Justin.

Speaking of Aldon, he was a master of Nick Bosa's favorite move: the jab-double swipe

I wouldn't go as far as to say that Aldon's stats were inflated by Justin Smith, but with all do respect... to think he didn't benefit from Justin's presence is just ridiculous. Aldon's sack totals dropped considerably without Justin by his side. Injuries or not, Justin would take a lot of double teams. Look again at the middle video against the Patriots. Who is the second guy on top of Brady? Yep, that's Cowboy! If Aldon didn't get him, Justin would have. It was a great tandem and we shouldn't take away credit from either of them.
Peace!

Having a player like Justin Smith helps everyone but saying Aldon's sack numbers dropped without Justin is also not right.

Aldon Smith is the only reason for his decline, not Justin Smith. Maybe he wouldn't have been putting up numbers better than Reggie White but as Hero showed there were plenty of sacks/pressures that came from Aldon on his own accord with Justin not even being on the same side.

His drinking, off the field stuff and suspensions are what did him in.

The shoulder injury in 2012 prevented him from getting the season sack record. There was no doubt he was going to break it the way he was going. I believe he had something like 19.5 sacks through 13 games or something along those lines.

I still believe the injuries to both Smith's cost us a Lombardi. If those guys are healthy in that SB we're trying to get #7 right now.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
That D was scary as hell in 2012. We whipped our dick out in Foxboro and slapped the Pats with it. That's the game where Kap looked all world.

And then we looked like dog s**t the next week @SEA
He sign yet
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
That D was scary as hell in 2012. We whipped our dick out in Foxboro and slapped the Pats with it. That's the game where Kap looked all world.

And then we looked like dog s**t the next week @SEA

We always looked like s**t in Seattle no matter what all of harbaugh's years with the exception of his first year when they had Tavarius Jackson at qb. When Justin tore his triceps the whole d took a big step backwards
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
I'm still of the opinion Aldon Smith was average at best. It was apparent he benefited immensely from cowboy getting double teamed (and holding o linemen regularly). And became painfully obvious when cowboy was playing injured. Aldon's production fell off a cliff. Did he even record 1 sack with the Raiders? That is what has me absolutely jubilant about this years D line. No matter who is not doubled, I'm confident of them beating their man. Hell, even ST and AA should see a spike in their numbers.

Aldon was also hurt that year. He had labrum surgery right after the Superbowl. Not sure why people choose to ignore this.

Anyone thinking Aldon's production was inflated by Justin Smith needs to get their eyes checked or something because that's one of the silliest misconceptions I see 49er fans perpetuate. It's flat out dumb.

Imagine thinking the guy sending DAVID BAHKTIARI flying onto his ass with a beautiful power-to-hump move was only good because of Justin Smith lol. I've got a whole folder of Aldon demolishing some of the best tackles in the NFL, one-on-one, often times from the complete opposite side of the DL as Justin.

Speaking of Aldon, he was a master of Nick Bosa's favorite move: the jab-double swipe

Cool story. Post his Raiders highlights.
I'm still of the opinion Aldon Smith was average at best. It was apparent he benefited immensely from cowboy getting double teamed (and holding o linemen regularly). And became painfully obvious when cowboy was playing injured. Aldon's production fell off a cliff. Did he even record 1 sack with the Raiders? That is what has me absolutely jubilant about this years D line. No matter who is not doubled, I'm confident of them beating their man. Hell, even ST and AA should see a spike in their numbers.

Cool story. Post his Raiders highlights.

Originally posted by wailers15:
He sign yet

Still trying to reach the pen.
Out of curiosity, I went back to see when the first-round picks from the last 5 years signed:

Mike McGlinchey signed July 23
Solomon Thomas signed July 28
Reuben Foster signed June 9
Joshua Garnett signed July 29
Deforest Buckner signed May 6
Arik Armstead signed May 15
Jimmie Ward signed May 22

I don't think Nick will sign until around where Solly signed.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 20, 2019 at 12:10 AM ]

Out of curiosity, I went back to see when the first-round picks from the last 5 years signed:

Yup, that will be the case and people need to realize who the agent is.

McGlinchey, Garnett, and Thomas are all represented by CAA sports (same as Bosa boys)... common theme for all of them? They didn't sign until as late as possible.

Anyone throwing out the notation that the Bosas' are greedy and such need to put a little stock into who represents them and how the do business for their clients.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 20, 2019 at 5:39 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

McGlinchey, Garnett, and Thomas are all represented by CAA sports (same as Bosa boys)... common theme for all of them? They didn't sign until as late as possible.

Anyone throwing out the notation that the Bosas' are greedy and such need to put a little stock into who represents them and how the do business for their clients.

Great info and helps give fans a feel for when to expect things to happen. Simply put, good chance it may be another month at least. Everyone just needs to be patient. If something happens sooner, great. If not, it seems pretty sure we'll be fine by the end of July.
He sign yet

When he gets back from his grueling days in Miami.

#TrustTheProcess
[ Edited by random49er on Jun 20, 2019 at 8:40 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Not only that... Why do people blame these players for wanting more money? Makes no sense to me. They put their bodies on the line I would want every last penny if I was in the NFL too.
Originally posted by random49er:
He sign yet

When he gets back from his grueling days in Miami.

#TrustTheProcess

Read the article, instead of twisting words.

Share 49ersWebzone