LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 374 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Im predicting 5 sacks
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
ALDRUNK got 14 sacks because he wasn't the best player of that draft... being Joey's little brother and the way Nick was advertised, every OL coach and will have some kind of game plan around Bosa's skill..

if he plays all 16 games, I see him getting 10 the MOST..
Originally posted by 9moon:
ALDRUNK got 14 sacks because he wasn't the best player of that draft... being Joey's little brother and the way Nick was advertised, every OL coach and will have some kind of game plan around Bosa's skill..

And mainly because of a guy named Justin Smith
I love Nick, but he's no Aldon.

Aldon had everything Nick has and more. Elite hands, elite length, wide arsenal of attacks and counters, etc. I don't think Nick will ever be as good as Aldon was in his prime, but that's not saying much. Aldon was a special player on the football field.

I expect Nick to have a Ryan Kerrigan-esque career. He'll never be the best in the league, but he'll show up and kick ass every year of his career.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 17, 2019 at 8:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Aldon had everything Nick has and more. Elite hands, elite length, wide arsenal of attacks and counters, etc. I don't think Nick will ever be as good as Aldon was in his prime, but that's not saying much. Aldon was a special player on the football field.

I expect Nick to have a Ryan Kerrigan-esque career. He'll never be the best in the league, but he'll show up and kick ass every year of his career.

I agree with all but Bosa is better than Kerrigan. Kerrigan is no scrub but I think Bosa has more tools overall.

I see him playing 3 - 5 games at the most. He's not playing 16 games. No way.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I see him playing 3 - 5 games at the most. He's not playing 16 games. No way.

Pretty sure he's already looking at the schedule deciding which games he wants to skip.
Not just hopefully Nick can be a star right away which hopefully he has that talents. But off the field and not be an Aldon problem. Good luck and welcome Nick B!
Aldon could have been the best pash rusher in nfl history if he stayed off the alc. Damn
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Rookie Aldon Smith - 14 sacks,

Nick Bosa? - I'm betting he'll get close to Aldon's record - but he won't beat Aldon's rookie sack record.

IT'S gonna be a good one... tho I do think that Aldrunk Smith was a better pass rusher than Nick " Fury " Bosa, it also helped that having a better defense and defenders all around helped Aldrunk get those 14 sacks..

Bucko is coming to his own, and this should also help Bosa... if he can stay healthy..

If our DB's today are better than the HarBaalke DB's - he might have a chance at beating Aldon's record. I think the front 7 of HarBaalke and ShanaLynch are somewhat comparable and given that Bosa is going to be - most likely playing the LEO in base and possibly also in nickel, he has a decent shot at Aldon's rookie record. But in my gut, I feel he'll fall short.

Bosa could have a great year, but yeah, but I definitely won't be thinking 14 sacks. That doesn't just happen. I'm happy with 8 (still a good rookie year) with regular pressure, hits, and TFLs.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Jun 18, 2019 at 9:04 PM ]

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Bosa could have a great year, but yeah, but I definitely won't be thinking 14 sacks. That doesn't just happen. I'm happy with 8 (still a good rookie year) ith regular pressure, hits, and TFLs.

What I think will enable him to surpass Aldon is if Cowboy Buckner really masters that grab and hold stunt technique to free up Bosa. I can see Nick doing a multi sack kind of a deal against a weak left tackle and 2nd string QB like Aldon did in the Steeler game his first year. If Bosa gets fortunate enough to match up against an injured team on the OLine, watch out.

Aldon played on a STACKED D and had a special player at T next to him. He was awesome year 1 and 2, but when he was selected the majority of the zone save a small handful were pissed, or had no clue who the eff he was because he wasn't expected to be taken anywhere near where we did take him. He wasn't the prospect Nick was, so why can't Nick be the better player year one if he was the better prospect coming in? I'll refrain from a prediction, but to say he can't play as well as Aldon rookie season is ridiculous.

I would take that in a heartbeat!

Kerrigan avg 10.5 per yr (84.5 so far)
4x pro-bowler

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-nfls-perennially-underrated-pass-rusher-ryan-Kerrigan (this doesn't include last season, which he had 13 sacks) dude is a stud plain and simple.

I will say Nick looks more polished than Kerrigan coming out of college, also Bosa had a better 20 yard and 3-cone (everything else is damn near identical).
Originally posted by NYniner85:

4x pro-bowler

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-nfls-perennially-underrated-pass-rusher-ryan-Kerrigan (this doesn't include last season, which he had 13 sacks) dude is a stud plain and simple.

I will say Nick looks more polished than Kerrigan coming out of college, also Bosa had a better 20 yard and 3-cone (everything else is damn near identical).

Arm length is identical?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

4x pro-bowler

Arm length is identical?

33 inches for Bosa 33.375 inches for Kerrigan, so yes damn near identical
Share 49ersWebzone