LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
I heard an interesting analysis by Larry Kreuger on KNBR today. Since we are going to 9 wide, it doesn't matter if Bosa misses OTAs. His only job will be to "See QB, go get QB". Kinda like what Walsh did with Haley.

The same applies to Dee Ford on the other side.

Kinda like Mark Gastineau when he was on Roids. And Mary Lyons and Klecko in the middle (Buckner and Thomas in the middle). The New York Sack Exchange.

Lawrence Taylor had free reign by Parcells to go after the QB at will.

He's going to "Boss" QBs around.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I heard an interesting analysis by Larry Kreuger on KNBR today. Since we are going to 9 wide, it doesn't matter if Bosa misses OTAs. His only job will be to "See QB, go get QB". Kinda like what Walsh did with Haley.

Kinda like Mark Gastineau when he was on Roids. And Mary Lyons and Klecko in the middle (Buckner and Thomas in the middle). The New York Sack Exchange.

Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

That's what I said when I heard that from Kruger. Let him sniff that QB's jersey and turn him loose like a bloodhound. Don't fill his head with too many details this first year. Let him learn naturally.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Key word is easing i think

Grade 1 Hamstring strain is basically tightness in the muscle. There is no tearing. You don't want to be out sprinting a few days after but jogging a week later isn't out of the question. Rest+ice+stretching=good to go.

Good call Phoenix,
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
I swear some Niner "fans" have the biggest persecution complex after having a team that has sucked so much for so long. We have the guy that almost everyone wanted and everyone still has real fears that he'll be a bust. It doesn't matter who we drafted. He's on the Niners and bad stuff always happens to us, so he'll be an injury-prone bust.

The guy basically sat a whole year out of football and is trying to bring his body up to speed against pros. He's going to have some soreness and will tweak a muscle or two until he's better conditioned. But that's no reason to put the guy in the same category as Jimmy "Trauma" Ward.

How is he going to get better conditioning if he has to take a few weeks off after every other drill?

If you're worrying about conditioning, start with that guy who you wanted to draft with the conditioning problems.

Grade 1 Hamstring strain is basically tightness in the muscle. There is no tearing. You don't want to be out sprinting a few days after but jogging a week later isn't out of the question. Rest+ice+stretching=good to go.

The new training staff is behind the full injury reports. They're going ultra conservative and letting guys heal up fully before sending them back out there.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
I swear some Niner "fans" have the biggest persecution complex after having a team that has sucked so much for so long. We have the guy that almost everyone wanted and everyone still has real fears that he'll be a bust. It doesn't matter who we drafted. He's on the Niners and bad stuff always happens to us, so he'll be an injury-prone bust.

The guy basically sat a whole year out of football and is trying to bring his body up to speed against pros. He's going to have some soreness and will tweak a muscle or two until he's better conditioned. But that's no reason to put the guy in the same category as Jimmy "Trauma" Ward.

How is he going to get better conditioning if he has to take a few weeks off after every other drill?

If you're worrying about conditioning, start with that guy who you wanted to draft with the conditioning problems.

He's off to a great start!

Originally posted by Niners99:

The new training staff is behind the full injury reports. They're going ultra conservative and letting guys heal up fully before sending them back out there.

This is an excellent point and one i haven't seen nor thot of before. What one thing could past S & C teams have had in common...which could have explained in part, particularly great part...why they all failed?

Could it be that all of them were in such a rush to get the injured guys back out there that they let them go back to full practice and gametime, when in fact, they should ahve kept them inactive much, , much longer? Man , that could very well explain our 5 yrs of being injured more than any other team....just that one small...but major point....letting our injured guys retrurn too quickly.

I could understand it wth the coaching staff gigging them on to get so and so back out of the field. Wow, could that have been what has been going on all along? I could sure beieve it. True it may be something else entirely, but this one salient point could sure explain an awful lot of bad.

At the very least, this bears watching.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 26, 2019 at 4:45 PM ]
Certainly not gonna get upset over a minor bump in the road

But

He took the year off to heal and focus on his nfl career. Would hope that he was well conditioned at this point. Oh well. Maybe it doesn't matter anyways but the chicken littles won this round
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Would not hurt my feelings if he does not see the field until opening day. If he is as good as advertised he will be good to go, just like riding a bicycle he will not forget how to rush the QB.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Share 49ersWebzone