LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Thank you NY. Was just gonna post about this. Nothin but 9ers crew interviewed an ex team doctor and he said the same (prolly the same guy).

Yup I listened to that interview...it was the same guy
This is for people concerned about injuries to Niners players. I was just doing my morning review of the Warriors and Giants sites (yes I do like other teams) and noticed that the Giants top 2 prospects have been on the DL for about 2 weeks . Meanwhile we have Durant and Cousins still out for the Warriors. Did you see the end of the Sharks season. They played the last game with 3 guys out. Injuries aren't exclusive to the Niners; they happen to athletes in all sports. I know they seem to happen to us more than normal but I really believe they are random and eventually even out. We are about due for a run of good luck. Keep the faith.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
This is for people concerned about injuries to Niners players. I was just doing my morning review of the Warriors and Giants sites (yes I do like other teams) and noticed that the Giants top 2 prospects have been on the DL for about 2 weeks . Meanwhile we have Durant and Cousins still out for the Warriors. Did you see the end of the Sharks season. They played the last game with 3 guys out. Injuries aren't exclusive to the Niners; they happen to athletes in all sports. I know they seem to happen to us more than normal but I really believe they are random and eventually even out. We are about due for a run of good luck. Keep the faith.

Personally, I think a lot of the injuries are due to poor QB play. QB's throwing late and having their WR's and pass catchers being clocked due to the window closing. QB's unable to maintain ball control and hence your defense gets fatigued. QB's having to pass to catch up in the 4rth qtr, and teams blitzing and arby's having to pick up the blitz and getting clocked on blitz pickups. And then QB's can't process the defensive read fast enough that *they* themselves get clocked by the pass rush.

I'm betting once Jimmy gets in synch and is able to convert 3rd downs and actually plays with a good lead, I'm hoping the injury bug starts to diminish this year.
Originally posted by genus49:
Are we just going to forget that Nick is better than Joey?

Joey messed up his hamstring, missed some games as a rookie and still got 10.5 sacks on his way to DROY.

Nick has been described to do things the same as Joey just a lot earlier.

Nick is getting the hamstring injury out of the way so he can get 16.5 sacks on his way to DROY this year. All good.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:

Joey messed up his hamstring, missed some games as a rookie and still got 10.5 sacks on his way to DROY.

Nick is getting the hamstring injury out of the way so he can get 16.5 sacks on his way to DROY this year. All good.

Joey has passed on his yoga and special stretching exercises to younger Nick. If anything, I think it's prevented Nick from having a more serious injury other than a low grade hammy pull, or at least I'd like to think so. For now,t hat hammy pull isn't going to result in having him miss training camp and the first regular season game, in my eyes. First I doubt he's going to hold out like older brother (just different team and circumstances) and I think he's going to be healthier than older brother at the beginning of his career because of the special training they do together.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:

Joey has passed on his yoga and special stretching exercises to younger Nick. If anything, I think it's prevented Nick from having a more serious injury other than a low grade hammy pull, or at least I'd like to think so. For now,t hat hammy pull isn't going to result in having him miss training camp and the first regular season game, in my eyes. First I doubt he's going to hold out like older brother (just different team and circumstances) and I think he's going to be healthier than older brother at the beginning of his career because of the special training they do together.
I also think he's going to bend over backwards to show that he's a great teammate .
Originally posted by Giedi:
Personally, I think a lot of the injuries are due to poor QB play. QB's throwing late and having their WR's and pass catchers being clocked due to the window closing. QB's unable to maintain ball control and hence your defense gets fatigued. QB's having to pass to catch up in the 4rth qtr, and teams blitzing and arby's having to pick up the blitz and getting clocked on blitz pickups. And then QB's can't process the defensive read fast enough that *they* themselves get clocked by the pass rush.

I'm betting once Jimmy gets in synch and is able to convert 3rd downs and actually plays with a good lead, I'm hoping the injury bug starts to diminish this year.

No question all of that contributes. Injuries don't just happen for one reason. Being in the wrong position when blocking or getting hit after the play are a couple of other things that cause injuries. One other thing that I believe causes some ids being in TOO GOOD condition. They way these guys work out they get so big that the human body can't handle the mass. Ligaments and tendons tear under the weight or when stressed on contact. It's a cruel sport.
I swear some Niner "fans" have the biggest persecution complex after having a team that has sucked so much for so long. We have the guy that almost everyone wanted and everyone still has real fears that he'll be a bust. It doesn't matter who we drafted. He's on the Niners and bad stuff always happens to us, so he'll be an injury-prone bust.

The guy basically sat a whole year out of football and is trying to bring his body up to speed against pros. He's going to have some soreness and will tweak a muscle or two until he's better conditioned. But that's no reason to put the guy in the same category as Jimmy "Trauma" Ward.

Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
I swear some Niner "fans" have the biggest persecution complex after having a team that has sucked so much for so long. We have the guy that almost everyone wanted and everyone still has real fears that he'll be a bust. It doesn't matter who we drafted. He's on the Niners and bad stuff always happens to us, so he'll be an injury-prone bust.

The guy basically sat a whole year out of football and is trying to bring his body up to speed against pros. He's going to have some soreness and will tweak a muscle or two until he's better conditioned. But that's no reason to put the guy in the same category as Jimmy "Trauma" Ward.

How is he going to get better conditioning if he has to take a few weeks off after every other drill?

Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

How is he going to get better conditioning if he has to take a few weeks off after every other drill?

Why are you worried? You don't train him.
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

I know how's QW gonna do it too

At least he is advanced as far as technique goes. He doesn't need much training to do what he does. Let him smell the QB's jersey and say go get him.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Over/under on Bosa regular season games played this season:

What you taking?
Share 49ersWebzone