There are 173 users in the forums

BETTER DL LINEUP

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by T-9ers:
I'm on the Bosa bandwagon. Yes QW is probably the better prospect but if we look at the metrics, that position has less value because it's easier to replace.

Not if bosa never sees the field.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Ford - Buck - Thomas - Bosa
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 19, 2019 at 10:18 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I'm on the Bosa bandwagon. Yes QW is probably the better prospect but if we look at the metrics, that position has less value because it's easier to replace.

I mean his injuries are a reasonable concern. I can't remember a time when a guy played three games his last year in college and still got picked #2 overall. Is Bosa too small?

I mean his injuries are a reasonable concern. I can't remember a time when a guy played three games his last year in college and still got picked #2 overall. Is Bosa too small?

Nope, not too small and not an injury concern. Everybody get over yourselves already.

I don't think wishing injury on our players is to be encouraged
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Nope, not too small and not an injury concern. Everybody get over yourselves already.

Sure buddy, you're not the one spending the money. The Niners are definitely asking themselves these types of questions, they're about spend millions on this guys contract. They aren't doing their job if not considering these things.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Apr 20, 2019 at 8:08 AM ]
Originally posted by 9moon:
Time to start thinking of the DL line up and which would be the better combination.

FORD - BUCKNER - THOMAS - BOSA

FORD - BUCKNER - WILLIAMS - THOMAS

Doesn't matter, without Bosa we're an injury away from not having any edge rushers again.
Originally posted by English:
I don't think wishing injury on our players is to be encouraged

Im not wishing injuries on anyone but this mother f**ker cant stay healthy. Wtf...
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Apr 20, 2019 at 11:00 AM ]
Im not wishing injuries on anyone but this mother f**ker cant stay healthy. Wtf...

Wow, who pissed in your Cheerios? No draft pick is 100% ideal, but there is huge upside with this guy. Even Khalil Mack who should've been taken first by the stupid Houston Texans wasn't a completely full proof slam-dunk. They picked Clowney who couldn't stay healthy for 2 years but finally was able to stay on the field long enough to see he was still a very good pick, even though not worthy of the overall #1. Drafting involves a little bit of luck too, like when Mack fell right to the Raiders who then years later stick their head up their ass and trade him away.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Apr 20, 2019 at 11:21 AM ]
Originally posted by Stanley:
Doesn't matter, without Bosa we're an injury away from not having any edge rushers again.

Boy, Howdy. We won't even have Marsh. One injury to Buck and we have Street, Thomas, AA, Blair, Taylor, Jones, and Day.

Originally posted by ninerjok:
Wow, who pissed in your Cheerios? No draft pick is 100% ideal, but there is huge upside with this guy. Even Khalil Mack who should've been taken first by the stupid Houston Texans wasn't a completely full proof slam-dunk. They picked Clowney who couldn't stay healthy for 2 years but finally was able to stay on the field long enough to see he was still a very good pick, even though not worthy of the overall #1. Drafting involves a little bit of luck too, like when Mack fell right to the Raiders who then years later stick their head up their ass and trade him away.

Gotta disagree with you on Clowney. His stats the last two relatively healthy years are very comparable to our Buckner. I'd be delighted to get that caliber of player out of a #1 overall. The rare times I've been able to see him he's been a force. The rarer times I've seen JJ Watt and him both healthy together they've been a True Terror.

I'm not a Texans fan, but a Clowney fan and it's JMHO. We'll see if he can stay healthy going forward.
Ford-Buck-Thomas-Bosa

Can't lie, that would be pretty awesome, the question is, how many downs does that combo play?

They're not going to be on the field every down so you ave to have strong rotational players in the mix too.
Share 49ersWebzone