LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Damontre Moore DE (signed by SEA)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
Ronald Blair is right up there with DJ Jones as far as underrated DLineman go. With that being said I have no idea why Moore is not on this roster to at least get a shot to make the 53. I believe he showed enough to make the team coming out of pre season last year, and again when he got a chance due to some injuries later in the year.

Guys that Moore is better than on our roster right now
K. Hyder
A. Barrett
K. Street
R. Smith
D. Daniels
W. Henry
J.Kongbo
Possibly K. Givens

Never even heard of the bolded guys. I would add Solomon Thomas to that list if we are talking about ability to rush the QB from the edge. I hope DMoore gets on the roster with a shot to make the team.

I agree, unfortunately I feel like he will be on another NFL roster if we don't sign him before camp (whenever that may be).
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Now you are sucking me back into this lol . He did NOT play as well or better than Blair. Not even close. Stop NC lol
I guess he's fallen through many teams cracks since 2013. Maybe he's just not as good as you think
Edit: rereading this. Maybe NC wasn't saying this in relation to Blair. He will need to clarify. That said he still highly overrates Moore

Geesh, so triggered but it did make me chuckle. No, I want both Blair 'and' Moore for rotation esp. given Blair might not be 100% until December.

As far as snap production, there wasn't a massive drop off from Blair [201 snaps] to Moore [57 snaps] (77 to 75 grade) and that's with Blair having one of his best seasons too. That's why it was unfortunate when Moore went down too as it added extra stress to Bosa and AA d/t the lack of quality depth behind them suddenly (no Ford either).

The real drop off was from Moore to guys like Anthony Zettel (6th round in 2016) & Jeremiah Valoaga (UDFA), guys that have been in the league much longer than Moore, drafted higher and still stink; further proof he's maybe not as bad as you think? And proof players still slip through cracks or take the longer routes?

Anyhow, he took the long path like Daniel Brunskill coming over from the AAF later in life. He just needs that Daniel Brunskill-chance and he can become a quality depth player IMHO...something I personally think he already is.

Moore is a backup outside speed rusher and Blair, Armstead, Thomas, Zettel and Valoaga are the bigger run stopping edge rushers that Saleh likes. Moore gives a different look on obvious passing downs late in games when we need some snaps. IMO
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Moore is a backup outside speed rusher and Blair, Armstead, Thomas, Zettel and Valoaga are the bigger run stopping edge rushers that Saleh likes. Moore gives a different look on obvious passing downs late in games when we need some snaps. IMO

And you can never have too many speed rushers in a W9 system. That's for sure.
My dude Moore!

Bring my dude back!
Quit f**king around, already.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/138201-49ers-express-interest-bringing-back-damontre-moore/

Half your DL is on the PUP.

[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 30, 2020 at 4:26 AM ]
Bring this guy back he's a solid rotational DE

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/138201-49ers-express-interest-bringing-back-damontre-moore/

Lets gooo!!

I'm sure they will bring him in...I could be wrong, but I think there's a date when you sign a player during TC like Moore and his contract isn't GTD at all?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm sure they will bring him in...I could be wrong, but I think there's a date when you sign a player during TC like Moore and his contract isn't GTD at all?

You might be right (vested veteran now?). And that would make sense if so (for financial reasons). I don't know how his last contract worked either. IIRC, a financial reason was why he didn't make it last year despite being a better player than 53 so with COVID and the cut down to 80, that makes sense. But with DE Ronald Blair III, 3T Kentavius Street & 3T Jullian Taylor already on the PUP, this is the time? I hope.
Honestly I'm shocked we didn't bring him back. Every time he was out there for us he was making plays.

Just sign him now. Dude will help us.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

100%. He looks even leaner and quicker now. He's ready for that W9.
I hope they make a roster spot for him. Looked good in preseason last year. Then looked equally as good in limited snaps the couple of games he played in when resigned late in the season. I think he's earned another try out imo.

Moore is seems to be a real solid rotation guy. Makes you wonder if the coaches don't like his personality or something.
Originally posted by Nastastical:

Moore is seems to be a real solid rotation guy. Makes you wonder if the coaches don't like his personality or something.
I wonder why no other team will even let him come in for a visit.
Share 49ersWebzone