LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Damontre Moore DE (signed by SEA)

Shop 49ers game tickets

The fact that this thread is longer than the Kwuan Williams thread.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Jun 13, 2020 at 12:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Bro, those stats are not accurate and yes I did watch both games and that's why I questioned the stats last year when you posted them. About to put them on again today while I workout lol. It's asinine to think he put up 3 TFL and had 8 pressures in limited snaps in 2 games. Unless they are factoring in his preseason games, he did not produce the above stats in those 2 regular season games.

Cool, let us know what your final tallys are.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Bro, those stats are not accurate and yes I did watch both games and that's why I questioned the stats last year when you posted them. About to put them on again today while I workout lol. It's asinine to think he put up 3 TFL and had 8 pressures in limited snaps in 2 games. Unless they are factoring in his preseason games, he did not produce the above stats in those 2 regular season games.

Cool, let us know what your final tallys are.

Ok went through their defensive snaps as best I could and even reviewed the play by play breakdown of each game . One thing I noticed is he got stood up a TON. AZ was his best game 2 tackles, 0TFL 1FF and 2 pressures (one is debatable because they let him run right in as it was a designed screen pass)
GB-2 tackles, 0 TFL 3 pressures (being generous with the first one at the end of the 1st quarter. Had 2 good pressures in the 2nd)

Not sure where he is getting his stats from, but they don't seem to jive. I can understand pressures maybe being subjective, but not TFL's. All that said he's a nice player and I'd welcome him back for depth.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jun 13, 2020 at 1:05 PM ]
Ok went through their defensive snaps as best I could and even reviewed the play by play breakdown of each game . One thing I noticed is he got stood up a TON. AZ was his best game 2 tackles, 0TFL 1FF and 2 pressures (one is debatable because they let him run right in as it was a designed screen pass)
GB-2 tackles, 0 TFL 3 pressures (being generous with the first one at the end of the 1st quarter. Had 2 good pressures in the 2nd)

Not sure where he is getting his stats from, but they don't seem to jive. I can understand pressures maybe being subjective, but not TFL's. All that said he's a nice player and I'd welcome him back for depth.

That was fast! Thanks for that. Yeah, would really like him back as well at least for legit competition if nothing more.

That was fast! Thanks for that. Yeah, would really like him back as well at least for legit competition if nothing more.

Yeah agreed. And it wasn't trying to denigrate the guy, as I really like him. I was just a little baffled with his stats. I guess one positive is that maybe they are feeling really good about Blair's rehab. But you can never have too many ER
  • 91til
  • Veteran

Yeah agreed. And it wasn't trying to denigrate the guy, as I really like him. I was just a little baffled with his stats. I guess one positive is that maybe they are feeling really good about Blair's rehab. But you can never have too many ER

Or, they really like Hyder as it seems he's occupying what would have been Moore's spot rn
Originally posted by 91til:

Or, they really like Hyder as it seems he's occupying what would have been Moore's spot rn

That too
It's comical how so many think Moore could be a starter or rotational player when no one has signed him, and saying he's better than every other DE on the roster not named Bosa or Ford is laughable. Hyder is a good DE, better than Moore IMO. Blair too. Taylor too. He's better than the lower end guys, but those guys aren't making the 53.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
It's comical how so many think Moore could be a starter or rotational player when no one has signed him, and saying he's better than every other DE on the roster not named Bosa or Ford is laughable. Hyder is a good DE, better than Moore IMO. Blair too. Taylor too. He's better than the lower end guys, but those guys aren't making the 53.

So, true.

LOL, the exact same argument was said after we cut him and later found out he was the better player and cut because of financial binds and PS eligibility and Saleh/Kyle hated cutting him.

Then he's brought back and plays equally as well in his 50 snaps replacing Blair off the street.

In short, players slip through the cracks all the time. FO blow it all the time.

We'll have to see before we make a claim either way but Hyder's get off is very slow but he might offer more versatility inside (a Saleh theme).

Both had produced in the system though so that's good news.

Even if you don't think he's better than Hyder, he's certainly better than several others at this stage most likely: Alex Barrett, Kentavius Street, Darrion Daniels, Willie Henry Jr., Ray Smith & Jonathan Kongbo.

In short, he's produced here when given a chance and that's far more than the others listed...he's earned the shot to continue to compete IMHO and the dude badly wants to be here too.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 14, 2020 at 7:24 AM ]

He deserves a chance to compete with the newcomers for a spot on the team.

LOL, the exact same argument was said after we cut him and later found out he was the better player and cut because of financial binds and PS eligibility and Saleh/Kyle hated cutting him.

Then he's brought back and plays equally as well in his 50 snaps replacing Blair off the street.

In short, players slip through the cracks all the time. FO blow it all the time.

We'll have to see before we make a claim either way but Hyder's get off is very slow but he might offer more versatility inside (a Saleh theme).

Both had produced in the system though so that's good news.

Even if you don't think he's better than Hyder, he's certainly better than several others at this stage most likely: Alex Barrett, Kentavius Street, Darrion Daniels, Willie Henry Jr., Ray Smith & Jonathan Kongbo.

In short, he's produced here when given a chance and that's far more than the others listed...he's earned the shot to continue to compete IMHO and the dude badly wants to be here too.

Now you are sucking me back into this lol . He did NOT play as well or better than Blair. Not even close. Stop NC lol
I guess he's fallen through many teams cracks since 2013. Maybe he's just not as good as you think
Edit: rereading this. Maybe NC wasn't saying this in relation to Blair. He will need to clarify. That said he still highly overrates Moore
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jun 14, 2020 at 11:49 AM ]
How old is Moore now? I think heis going to be one of those guys that makes a roster mid season, after injuries hit.
This thread is totally bonkers. Moore did ok last season. What the heck. Seems like good depth. What the heck. Pitched in more than jaylen hurd jerrick mckinnon and dante pettis all put together. What the heck.

Ps. Forgot about trent taylor.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Jun 14, 2020 at 4:24 PM ]
Now you are sucking me back into this lol . He did NOT play as well or better than Blair. Not even close. Stop NC lol
I guess he's fallen through many teams cracks since 2013. Maybe he's just not as good as you think
Edit: rereading this. Maybe NC wasn't saying this in relation to Blair. He will need to clarify. That said he still highly overrates Moore

Geesh, so triggered but it did make me chuckle. No, I want both Blair 'and' Moore for rotation esp. given Blair might not be 100% until December.

As far as snap production, there wasn't a massive drop off from Blair [201 snaps] to Moore [57 snaps] (77 to 75 grade) and that's with Blair having one of his best seasons too. That's why it was unfortunate when Moore went down too as it added extra stress to Bosa and AA d/t the lack of quality depth behind them suddenly (no Ford either).

The real drop off was from Moore to guys like Anthony Zettel (6th round in 2016) & Jeremiah Valoaga (UDFA), guys that have been in the league much longer than Moore, drafted higher and still stink; further proof he's maybe not as bad as you think? And proof players still slip through cracks or take the longer routes?

Anyhow, he took the long path like Daniel Brunskill coming over from the AAF later in life. He just needs that Daniel Brunskill-chance and he can become a quality depth player IMHO...something I personally think he already is.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 15, 2020 at 6:04 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone