There are 178 users in the forums

WR Jordan Matthews Is a TE. And now released, again. And a 49er, again.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
So we know KS covets certain characteristics in his WRs- where does Jordan Matthews align w/ that?

He's become a fairly crisp route runner. Ability to create separation through precision and uses his size well.

Not at all saying that he's Julio, but their combine measurables are semi-similar.
Disappeared when he signed with Bills. Had something like 380 yards in 2 seasons. I hope change in scenery will bring him back. Has ideal size and speed for wide out.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Anybody know the terms?
I wanted us to draft him. JERRY RICE'S COUSIN!!!! Finally home!!!

****HOOVER, Ala. -- Plenty of wide receivers idolize legendary San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Jerry Rice.
Far fewer have ever met him. And far fewer than that consider him family.
So when Vanderbilt wide receiver Jordan Matthews told reporters at SEC Media Days that he modeled his game after the Hall of Famer, few were surprised. Then Matthews revealed exactly how strong the connection is -- his mother and Rice are first cousins****
[ Edited by toppdogg32 on Mar 14, 2019 at 4:39 PM ]
I wish there was some kinda stats about professional athletes with injuries that show how many come back the same/stronger or dont get back to what they was b4 the injury/more injuries...maybe if there was we wouldn't see every other post about someone complaining about so and so being hurt at one time or another
So we know KS covets certain characteristics in his WRs- where does Jordan Matthews align w/ that?

He's become a fairly crisp route runner. Ability to create separation through precision and uses his size well.

I haven't followed him for a while. Is he a Z here or a bigger slot WR here? Both?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Damn I was hoping for Chris Conley. I wanted Jordan Matthews outta the draft, so I kinda like the signing.
and he had some good games against us , Chris Culiver is still seeing did guy in his dreams..lol
Good sign to go with a draft pick of similar stature and skillset. Good Job Lynch..
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by susweel:
Who needs obj or Antonio bryan when you can have a jordan mathews.

Not shanny!!!

Antonio Bryan??? I think you may have accidentally gotten ahold of the brown acid...
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Damn I was hoping for Chris Conley. I wanted Jordan Matthews outta the draft, so I kinda like the signing.

same here, I remember you mocking him.

Originally posted by NCommand:

I haven't followed him for a while. Is he a Z here or a bigger slot WR here? Both?

Big split end type. replaces Garcon. Now draft his competition in round 2..
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
and he had some good games against us , Chris Culiver is still seeing did guy in his dreams..lol
Good sign to go with a draft pick of similar stature and skillset. Good Job Lynch..

Ditto

1 yr. deal.

Very good Value move
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WINiner:
While I am a Matthews fan, shoulda signed Jordy instead.

they may still - seems that JN has lost his magic...or maybe just needs a new Carr.

dad joke alert

Did very well going over the middle.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Big split end type. replaces Garcon. Now draft his competition in round 2..

No he's not. Has played roughly 65-70% of his career snaps from the slot. That is where you want him at to get the most out of him.
Share 49ersWebzone