LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

WR Jordan Matthews Is a TE. And now released, again. And a 49er, again.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 91til:
I really don't understand why folks act like Trent Taylor sucks.

How in the heck did you jump to this?

to me. he is a huge unknown. was the cause of his year last year his back or was he just a one hit wonder. now he has no back excuses
Shanny will turn Matthews into Julio.
Originally posted by GarnerValleyFan:

Thats the plan or better yet his big cousin jerry rice..... or at least half of what jerry could do.
Originally posted by 24karat49er:

Thats the plan or better yet his big cousin jerry rice..... or at least half of what jerry could do.

Half of Jerry Rice would be our best receiver since Owens.
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by 24karat49er:

Half of Jerry Rice would be our best receiver since Owens.
As of right now on the downlow I think Matthews is the best and most proven receiver we have on our roster. Theyre sleeping on him i know he had some drops in philly and the bills and pats cut him. But being in the bay close to big cuz jerry ad shannys scheme to get him open might be the combination he needs to step his game all the way up to that next level. Hes 6'3 ran a 4.46 and has done a lot of damage in the red zone. Not to mention Jimmy already likes throwing to him in the few practices theyve had. He can make tough catches but ive seen him drop some easy ones in philly too. He just has to be more focused. At his best he can take the #1 receiver spot at worst hes still a red zone threat. Dont sleep on this man the heir of the goat. Watching his highlights has me excited to see him this year.
Crock said Matthews got "manhandled" today by DJ Reed. How do you get manhandled by a dude half your size with no pads on?
Originally posted by 49ersFanCJinPA:
I think both Taylor and Matthews make the 53 and we will see both playing in the slot at different times. Kyle likes versatility and he will have options at trying to exploit the slot corner with either a smaller quick Taylor or the bigger bodied Matthews, depending on the matchup. Both are tough and have good hands. I also think we will see Deebo and possibly Hurd also in the slot at times. Kyle will use this to his advantage. I think James and Bourne are the odd men out assuming theres no injuries during camp or preseason.

Good call!
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/126595-transcript-shanahan-discusses-outside-garoppolo-matthews-greenlaw-verrett/

"No, he's been just what we expected. Jordan's a very good receiver with some size and some speed. I didn't know him personally, but having guys that did know him before he got here, guys like [offensive quality control coach] Miles [Austin] who was with him in Philly, just the type of pro he is, how smart he is, the way he goes to work. We wanted to get a veteran in here, we wanted to get a guy preferably with more size if we found one we liked. We wanted a smart guy who could help be an example, and he's been exactly that. He's pushing these guys. I mean, he's going to be in the mix."
Originally posted by Heroism:
Crock said Matthews got "manhandled" today by DJ Reed. How do you get manhandled by a dude half your size with no pads on?

I was just gonna post this he also said he doesn't see how JM is gonna beat out Bourne.

One of the least surprising things to come out of yesterday. Dude's always played soft. All that size for no reason.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

I was just gonna post this he also said he doesn't see how JM is gonna beat out Bourne.

TBF, he also said he did make all the contested catches and had a great screen run and that at his size, he's not going to stand out in shorts...the real test will come with the pads on as that should match his game. He also said Bourne was non existent yesterday but he thinks he has more upside. The other Z, Hurd, was pile driving DB's and beating them up. This is going to be a fun competition!
I have a feeling this man won't be making the squad.

Im too sold on Deebo,Pettis,Taylor,Goodwin,Bourne, Richie to see this man making it.
He's gonna make the team he'll be our Red zone weapon til Hurd fully develops. We might have the next T.o in Hurd tho.
IMO, he is going to be an impact player for us this season.
DJ Reed keeps taking his lunch money Reed is 6 inches shorter and 20 lbs lighter and keeps punking Matthews.

[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 29, 2019 at 12:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone