LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Didn't this dude get roasted the one play he saw the field or something?
Insert gif of child flying a kite
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by NCommand:
No team would know about his health level at this point than our S&C crew. If he's healthy, you can never have too many CB's or competition pushing the youngsters. He'd be very cheap. If we don't resign him for dirt cheap, he's done in the NFL.

This is my take on it as well. I want him back because he's gonna be really cheap but he also might be done in the NFL all together.

We shall see.

Called it!

I mean... when don't we call it.

Boom!
Originally posted by okdkid:
You know his upside. Why not give him another shot? If it doesn't work out... who cares. This move could not possibly negatively impact this team.

There is ZERO downside to this. None.

Agreed.
Smh
Originally posted by Sickaa:
You know his upside. Why not give him another shot? If it doesn't work out... who cares. This move could not possibly negatively impact this team.

Agreed.

Agree
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Didn't this dude get roasted the one play he saw the field or something?

Two plays against the Steelers. PI on the first, long touchdown on the second.
It's a low risk signing. They probably just wanna kick the tires and see if he can return to the form when he was a good player. I personally think he is gonna be camp Fodder. Maybe he sneaks in as one of the last cbs they keep. But he is definitely a longshot to stick.
Well, they gave McKinnon a 3rd chance to get to his playing form to show what he can do in KS's offense because of his fit in it. Why not give Verrett a 2nd chance to try and prove himself again? He fits perfectly in Saleh's defense and in the locker room. If he doesn't make it, they'll cut him with no risk. I like the move. There are not a lot of available square pegs out there that fits in KS's and JL's tight circle system. So what do you do? Bring back those circle pegs with superior talents that was derailed by injuries that were in that tight circle system. If they're gonna bring in a bunch of rookies and FAs to compete this year, why not keep 85-90% of last year's tight knit locker room intact for an easy transition.
Experienced back up?

Low risk very high reward situation.

Yeah the 2 plays he was in on weren't good. He was still banged up and was the first time he'd played in a long time. Hopefully he can be healthy enough to play in the preseason and show that he can still play.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Agreed.

Agree

What upside? Being hurt 24/7 and sucking ass on the one play he had all year?
Originally posted by Scottie15:
What upside? Being hurt 24/7 and sucking ass on the one play he had all year?

Lol..so we judging players by one or two bad plays now?
[ Edited by wysiwyg on Apr 14, 2020 at 1:58 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone