There are 294 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Like i mentioned already, Ward was an insurance signing...or least IMO. And good, bad or indifferent, he isn't ward. Let's see...a LB to halt the sure 3rd down conversions across the middle in Alexander, another LB , now DL for passrush edge/ interior / halfway,/ elephant...and then a CB. Dang, lynch sure wasn't listening to fans but he sure as heck was paying attn to what we desperately needed.

No way this doesn't come out as an A. To really make it a knockout, maybe Saffold (OG, Rams) unless he is already gone. That has to be $10 mil + however. So probably not but it is setting us up for an OG at pick in rd 2 or 3 ...i hope. Still a FA OG is possible, but we'll see.

Saffold signed with Tennessee. 4 years, $44 million, $22.5 million guaranteed. I would have been happy with that. But I think you're right, we'll target a guard in round 2 or 3.
Grew up a raider fan. Let's veto his contract lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Please stay off IR PLEASE!!!
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I love it!!
Every single player that hits FA has some concern: overpaid, injury prone, too old, diva attitude... Otherwise they wouldnt be there.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Like i mentioned already, Ward was an insurance signing...or least IMO. And good, bad or indifferent, he isn't ward. Let's see...a LB to halt the sure 3rd down conversions across the middle in Alexander, another LB , now DL for passrush edge/ interior / halfway,/ elephant...and then a CB. Dang, lynch sure wasn't listening to fans but he sure as heck was paying attn to what we desperately needed.

No way this doesn't come out as an A. To really make it a knockout, maybe Saffold (OG, Rams) unless he is already gone. That has to be $10 mil + however. So probably not but it is setting us up for an OG at pick in rd 2 or 3 ...i hope. Still a FA OG is possible, but we'll see.

Saffold signed with Tennessee. 4 years, $44 million, $22.5 million guaranteed. I would have been happy with that. But I think you're right, we'll target a guard in round 2 or 3.

Hopefully, it's a 3rd rounder - I want that #36 on a WR or Safety.
Nothing exciting. Low risk signing. If he manages to stay healthy could be a steal for the season, but I don't have my hopes up.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
49ers have been one of the most injury-riddled teams since 2013, how do they fix that? By signing players with injury histories

But don't you see? That is exactly how to break the curse!
Low risk, high reward signing, so our front office had zero to lose by bringing him in.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but if Verrett can come even close to regaining his old form, this becomes a huge addition to this defense and hopefully we can then work out a LTD to keep him here.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
49ers have been one of the most injury-riddled teams since 2013, how do they fix that? By signing players with injury histories
Fighting fire with fire. Two negative equal a positive right?

Originally posted by Tylerawiseguy:
If we also draft nick bosa do u think we could be a top 10 df in the nfl or top 15 ?

We were 13 last year in yards allowed. If we got some turnovers we would have been top 10.

I think we are top 5 now especially if we get turnovers.

I love it. Props to whoever prompted the team to look past the silly height preference in this scheme.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 14, 2019 at 1:54 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
Cheaper than Ward

Lol yep
Boom
Originally posted by Heroism:

I love it. Props to whoever prompted the team to look past the silly height preference in this scheme.

Spoon is trash , he ain't competing, it's his to lose
Share 49ersWebzone