There are 144 users in the forums

49ers sign CB Jason Verrett

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I said injury prone players, Alexander hasn't been that type of player who's injured for most of their career. I was referring more down the line like Ward, Garnett N Verrett, they keep giving chances to dudes can't even stay healthy. So yeah u fail with ur response try again little guy

Garnett wasn't injury prone when he was drafted. He was considered one of the best guards in the draft but he missed a lot of camp like Thomas because of the schedule at Stanford. He started getting hurt once he began practicing. Someone had Lattimore on his list but that was back when we were good and he was considered a long shot risk that we could afford. Gore was still in his prime and they figured they could afford to risk a mid round pick since they didn't need a back at the time. It didn't work but if he had recovered like Gore did he could have been a great back. Tank was a similar risk and I remember a lot of people on this forum were excited about how good we would be after Tank took the entire year off. Two big risks that didn't work but looked okay at the time. Bringing in Verrett wasn't a risk. They didn't pay him a lot and we was only brought in to see if he had anything left after those injuries. I doubt they ever thought he would be the starter and maybe not even the first off the bench. All the teams in the league take chances on guys that were hurt, cut from several teams or had off field problems. It's part of the game.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Oct 4, 2019 at 12:28 PM ]
I can't agree with the complaining over this signing. Verrett is a guy who played at a very high level, so it was a nice low risk try, especially since they weren't going to invest much draft capital into DB. I expect that t change in 2020. I'm not sure what the deal is for 2020, but if he is in camp, I am not depending on him. If he contributes, great. If he doesn't, oh well. But this is one signing that I am not mad about. As our guys get bigger contracts, we are going to need to get better at finding cheaper players in free agency that will play above their contract value.
"Hey, if Jimmie Ward can do it..."

Originally posted by NCommand:

Originally posted by NCommand:

Good luck to him. Wish him well. Come back strong. Glad we have EMan Moseley for now
This is one of the guys I want back from injured reserve especially if we're going against good passing games in the playoffs
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
This is one of the guys I want back from injured reserve especially if we're going against good passing games in the playoffs

Lets hope he gets healthy and ready at the right time.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by elguapo:

Lets hope he gets healthy and ready at the right time.

Healthy is one thing. He is going to need several games to get back that game readiness. He was extremely rusty.
We could sure use this guy right about now. . . .
With Sherman's hamstring injury, I think Verrett comes off IR if healthy and ready to go.

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
With Sherman's hamstring injury, I think Verrett comes off IR if healthy and ready to go.

I think you're right
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Healthy is one thing. He is going to need several games to get back that game readiness. He was extremely rusty.

Yes, he needs to be healthy physically & mentally
Man, if he could even get close to what he was - we'd have struck gold!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Yeah, I think you def have to activate him. Especially if we aren't signing another OL to take Richburg's spot once he's put on IR.

Can just swap Richburg for Verrett from a roster spot standpoint.
TBH i forgot we even had this guy.

But at this point, how could can he be for us?

i rather rock with Moseley and Witherspoon.
Share 49erswebzone