LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Excellent signing. Basically no risk with nice upside.

I actually love what the Niners have done this week. Elite pass rusher, very productive 25 year old running back, starting weakside linebacker, and potential starting CB who will be a big upgrade if healthy. When the Niners add Bosa or Williams this defense is going to be SO much better.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I actually love what the Niners have done this week. Elite pass rusher, very productive 25 year old running back, starting weakside linebacker, and potential starting CB who will be a big upgrade if healthy. When the Niners add Bosa or Williams this defense is going to be SO much better.

It's been the best FA run for quite some time.
Great job!!!
49ers have been one of the most injury-riddled teams since 2013, how do they fix that? By signing players with injury histories
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Mar 14, 2019 at 1:30 PM ]

lets get it

If we also draft nick bosa do u think we could be a top 10 df in the nfl or top 15 ?

Just Sherman, Verrett and Harris pre game
Originally posted by Tylerawiseguy:

If we also draft nick bosa do u think we could be a top 10 df in the nfl or top 15 ?

Top 15 easy. Top 10 would be tough. There are some very good defenses in this league.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Just Sherman, Verrett and Harris pre game

Looks cool. Faithful needs to go to church all offseason and pray the team stays healthy

For now I would say top 15. A lot will depend on how well Alexander and Verrett come back from their injuries and whether they can get an upgrade at FS in the draft.

• mayo49
  • Veteran

This.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Probably my favorite signing so far, love this dude
Like i mentioned already, Ward was an insurance signing...or least IMO. And good, bad or indifferent, he isn't ward. Let's see...a LB to halt the sure 3rd down conversions across the middle in Alexander, another LB , now DL for passrush edge/ interior / halfway,/ elephant...and then a CB. Dang, lynch sure wasn't listening to fans but he sure as heck was paying attn to what we desperately needed.

No way this doesn't come out as an A. To really make it a knockout, maybe Saffold (OG, Rams) unless he is already gone. That has to be $10 mil + however. So probably not but it is setting us up for an OG at pick in rd 2 or 3 ...i hope. Still a FA OG is possible, but we'll see.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:

lets get it

Damn he had AB locked up!

For now I would say top 15. A lot will depend on how well Alexander and Verrett come back from their injuries and whether they can get an upgrade at FS in the draft.
If we are a top 15 df is that good enough to get this team into the playoffs or it depends on the offense ?
Share 49ersWebzone