LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm all for giving Verrett a shot in the slot.

He cannot be worse than K'Wuan has been lately.

I actually think Reed is better than K'Waun Williams. This is why I wanted us to go after Bryce Callahan in FA. But I'd be all for giving Verrett a go here for sure.
i don't feel that KWuan has been bad?

But Verrett has to fight for spot right now, cause witherspoon is playing well. so no point to ruin that one.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:

But Verrett has to fight for spot right now, cause witherspoon is playing well. so no point to ruin that one.

Well, as they say all the time... it's about having your best 11 out there. Hard to imagine Williams is a part of that.
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:

He hasn't been that bad but not that good either. Verrett definitely has the pedigree to be an upgrade there so not sure he'd ruin anything except maybe Williams feelings
Originally posted by okdkid:
An unpopular opinion, I'm sure. But I'd rather have Verrett start in place of Sherman. Sherman is not long for this team. And even if he is... his play will degrade.

Verrett could very well be a top 5 CB in this league right now. He has shown the ability. There is just no way we can trade him or go into the offseason without knowing exactly what Verrett is right now. That would be awful for the long term viability of our CBs.

He has to get on the field in a starting role.

so he hasn't played yet because of injury, correct? I honestly still don't know much about him. what's his current status when it comes to playing this Sunday?
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
so he hasn't played yet because of injury, correct? I honestly still don't know much about him. what's his current status when it comes to playing this Sunday?

He will probably be inactive since he has no special teams value. Don't expect to see him anytime soon unless there are injuries or they move him to the slot.if a move is in the cards they will probably do it during the bye week so he could have several weeks before playing.
Originally posted by Izyniner:

He will probably be inactive since he has no special teams value. Don't expect to see him anytime soon unless there are injuries or they move him to the slot.if a move is in the cards they will probably do it during the bye week so he could have several weeks before playing.

so we're not missing out on anything by not playing him?
so we're not missing out on anything by not playing him?

Not at this time spoon is playing out of his mind right now and Sherman is Sherman. If he doesn't move to slot he may still see play when they play teams like the rams who have been known to toss it around.
  • dj43
Originally posted by NCommand:
I actually think Reed is better than K'Waun Williams. This is why I wanted us to go after Bryce Callahan in FA. But I'd be all for giving Verrett a go here for sure.

Reed, Williams and Moseley have identical ratings through these first two games.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Dude is already a healthy scratch...I really don't mind as long as KW doesn't look average out there. Once KW looks like s**t, the Ferret (not the Mink ah) will do his thing. I just hope he's healthy when we meet the Patriots in the SB
f**k you. f**king bum
Utter trash. He is who everyone thought he was.
[ Edited by sacniner on Sep 22, 2019 at 4:11 PM ]
Im a huge Verrett fan but hes done. i expect him to be cut
Share 49ersWebzone