There are 144 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great attitude.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Get him in the nickle spot
Good attitude, learn and be ready to play when your number is called. Such a relief compared to all the drama we've seen from others around the league.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Sep 19, 2019 at 8:07 AM ]
K'wuan has been a bit of a disappointed thus far, I say we let Verrett have a shot at the nickel back spot
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Sounds like he's not happy with being a healthy scratch last week.

Source? I mean, I don't doubt he wants to play, but this seems speculative at best.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-jason-verrett-taking-it-day-day-waiting-make-season-debut

Last paragraph of the article.
"When asked if he would consider asking for a trade if he continues to be inactive for games, Verrett told NBC Sports Bay Area, "We'll see what happens."

Source? I mean, I don't doubt he wants to play, but this seems speculative at best.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-jason-verrett-taking-it-day-day-waiting-make-season-debut

"When asked if he would consider asking for a trade if he continues to be inactive for games, Verrett told NBC Sports Bay Area, "We'll see what happens."

I see that as the reporter asking a question he wasn't expecting hoping to stir up a bit of drama, in the age of clickbait almost all journalists love to get nuggets like that where it can be interpreted as malcontent. His other quote makes it sound like he's a good team player.

But I agree with the other poster who said Williams needs to sit, seems like most big pass plays come against him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
there is no reason he should not be activated. i know some are totally happy with spoon,. even though he should have had his ass kicked for kicking the ball.,. but i am really not sold on him long term. sherman is not getting any younger. and i just think or hope he plays sunday.. its nice to see he is totally healthy but we got to see what he can do.. i will be pissed if ward gets more playing time than he does this year. with kyle and lynchs head scratching love for ward. it seems a distinct possibility
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

well. i am sure he did not think that he would be signed just to set and play checkers
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by cciowa:
there is no reason he should not be activated. i know some are totally happy with spoon,. even though he should have had his ass kicked for kicking the ball.,. but i am really not sold on him long term. sherman is not getting any younger. and i just think or hope he plays sunday.. its nice to see he is totally healthy but we got to see what he can do.. i will be pissed if ward gets more playing time than he does this year. with kyle and lynchs head scratching love for ward. it seems a distinct possibility

Maybe listen to what Kyle has to say?

Is the plan with CB Jason Verrett just to sort of ease him back in, make sure he's in football shape before putting him in game action or is it just like what you said?

"We wanted to play it slow with Verrett. We knew he had a chance to really come here and compete, but he had a pretty bad injury the first week of camp so he didn't get to do anything until Week 1. So, really the first two weeks wasn't much of an option for us. I know he was really wanting to get out there last week, but we're trying to play it smart with him. I know he'll have a better chance to get up this week. That's something that we'll discuss. It won't all just have to do with him. It will have to do with the rest of the roster and how we plan on attacking those guys."
-Kyle

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
LET THAT BOY COOK!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by cciowa:

Maybe listen to what Kyle has to say?

Is the plan with CB Jason Verrett just to sort of ease him back in, make sure he's in football shape before putting him in game action or is it just like what you said?

"We wanted to play it slow with Verrett. We knew he had a chance to really come here and compete, but he had a pretty bad injury the first week of camp so he didn't get to do anything until Week 1. So, really the first two weeks wasn't much of an option for us. I know he was really wanting to get out there last week, but we're trying to play it smart with him. I know he'll have a better chance to get up this week. That's something that we'll discuss. It won't all just have to do with him. It will have to do with the rest of the roster and how we plan on attacking those guys."
-Kyle

i get that. but reports say he is fine now. so lets activate him
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Good attitude, learn and be ready to play when your number is called. Such a relief compared to all the drama we've seen from others around the league.

+1
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
An unpopular opinion, I'm sure. But I'd rather have Verrett start in place of Sherman. Sherman is not long for this team. And even if he is... his play will degrade.

Verrett could very well be a top 5 CB in this league right now. He has shown the ability. There is just no way we can trade him or go into the offseason without knowing exactly what Verrett is right now. That would be awful for the long term viability of our CBs.

He has to get on the field in a starting role.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by okdkid:
An unpopular opinion, I'm sure. But I'd rather have Verrett start in place of Sherman. Sherman is not long for this team. And even if he is... his play will degrade.

Verrett could very well be a top 5 CB in this league right now. He has shown the ability. There is just no way we can trade him or go into the offseason without knowing exactly what Verrett is right now. That would be awful for the long term viability of our CBs.

He has to get on the field in a starting role.

Unpopular indeed.
Share 49ersWebzone