LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nope.
One of the best DB's in the league is finally healthy and still inactive. Shanahan is so focused on the offense he doesn't see how incompetent Saleh is.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
They are waiting for Witherspoon to screw up and have a bad game.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
ridiculous that this dude is healthy and not suiting up. guess we have to wait for Witherspoon to return to his normal form before we get to see verrett.

Go back to sleep

?? y u mad? u own a Witherspoon jersey?
You think they are smart enough to ever start him over Witherspoon?
I'm guessing his movement skills still aren't where they need to be.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RonMexico:
You think they are smart enough to ever start him over Witherspoon?

no
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

beat writers are saying it's because Verrett doesn't play special teams.
If he's not starting, or playing nickel, or playing special teams then he's not gonna be active. Pretty straightforward.
I'm guessing this is a case of we not seeing what the coaching staff is seeing in practice. I would think they'd have Verrett out there if he's healthy and looking good in practice.

Makes sense. Don't risk him getting hurt and just wait for the inevitable return of ol unreliable Akello.

Why rush it if Spoon is playing well and J isn't 100? Let him heal fully and get practice reps. It's a long season and even longer to the Super Bowl...
The fact that we have a healthy inactive player that isn't the 3rd QB is a good thing - it means the team's health is in a much better position than usual.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 15, 2019 at 9:15 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

We will see what the spoon does today. i guess jason needs to learn the hard way. once you become one of our guys.. its hard for you to crack the lineup let alone the active game day roster. he was never signed to play special teams . he was signed to upgrade our secondary. last week was nice but i am not sold at all on these guys back there
Originally posted by cciowa:
We will see what the spoon does today. i guess jason needs to learn the hard way. once you become one of our guys.. its hard for you to crack the lineup let alone the active game day roster. he was never signed to play special teams . he was signed to upgrade our secondary. last week was nice but i am not sold at all on these guys back there

+1
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by raywm3:
I'm guessing this is a case of we not seeing what the coaching staff is seeing in practice. I would think they'd have Verrett out there if he's healthy and looking good in practice.

that does not explain why ward is on the team but i digress. trust the coaches trust the dc
Share 49ersWebzone