There are 209 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Heroism:
Assuming Verrett will play outside, this is a refreshing addition given that he's far from their prototypical CB. Verrett allows them to play more man and matchup coverages. Love it.

Absolutely this, great post Hero, I wonder if they would consider Byron Murphy now, that's exactly who he reminds me of.

The room would be a bit crowded though.
Originally posted by OsBoogie:
if the minimum he does is push Spoon and Moore to step up, then it's a good signing.

100%
hopefully he doesn't trip on the sidewalk like Reggie Bush
Can't believe it's less money than Jimmy Ward!!
He had an Achilles tear in 2018. That's like the worst possibility for a position that lives or dies on the ability to make quick cuts.

Its low risk, but seems like a waste of time. I just remember Hunter never being the same once he went down with the same injury.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
My favourite signing this offseason!!
Making huge strides on defence
WE GOT VERRETT!!! LETS GOOO!! I've been stuck at work, finally able to check my phone!!
Is he decent?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
He had an Achilles tear in 2018. That's like the worst possibility for a position that lives or dies on the ability to make quick cuts.

Its low risk, but seems like a waste of time. I just remember Hunter never being the same once he went down with the same injury.

Sherman says hello
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Is he decent?

If healthy, more than decent. Good to great

Best signing after Coleman ( not including Ford )
One bright side to his injuries is they were out of his control. Can't do anything about an ACL or Achilles injuries. It's not as though he was out with something minor and couldn't tough it through. If he turns out to be healthy at the start of the season, this could be a great signing.
I'd complain, but there is almost no downside to this signing. It's the epitome of a low-risk, high-reward contract. If he's even close to his previous level of play for a portion of the season, he immediately makes the secondary better. If not, or if he gets hurt again, it cost us next to nothing and hopefully served to light a fire under the collective asses of the rest of the CBs not named Sherman. Personally, I'm pulling for him to regain his 2015 form and so should everyone else. Realistically, I'm expecting nothing so we'll keep the bar set at stay healthy and work up from there.
Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Sherman says hello

beat me to it
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Is he decent?

*He's really good

*=when healthy
Share 49ersWebzone