There are 209 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

This... people forget how good he is. Without the injuries there's no way we could've landed him. If he stays healthy we have another guy on Sherm's level.

You put 2 top-10 CBs behind our pass rush and that give Saleh a hell of a lot to work with
Originally posted by strickac:
This... people forget how good he is. Without the injuries there's no way we could've landed him. If he stays healthy we have another guy on Sherm's level.

You put 2 top-10 CBs behind our pass rush and that give Saleh a hell of a lot to work with

This is true but only if we trust Salah to properly coordinate the D. At times last season it looked like we were trying to win the bloody Nobel peace prize! although a lot of that could be put down to injuries and players not fully comfortable in the scenarios they were asked to play in.

That's a big "if".
Gonna say something that I know will set some fans here off: Jason Verrett will NOT be a starter at all this season unless there's another rash of injuries. He won't start over Ahkello Witherspoon on the outside. (look for Ahkello to have a breakout year.) He won't start over K'Waun Williams in the slot, but he has a better chance to get playing time there, health depending. He'll come off the bench in dime packages, so he'll be competing with DJ and Mabin, who are both gonna fight for roster spots along with Verrett.

Just MHO
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Gonna say something that I know will set some fans here off: Jason Verrett will NOT be a starter at all this season unless there's another rash of injuries. He won't start over Ahkello Witherspoon on the outside. (look for Ahkello to have a breakout year.) He won't start over K'Waun Williams in the slot, but he has a better chance to get playing time there, health depending. He'll come off the bench in dime packages, so he'll be competing with DJ and Mabin, who are both gonna fight for roster spots along with Verrett.

Just MHO

Makes sense. He's recovering from an Achilles. Those take a while and shouldn't be rushed. He's also made of glass. He can't be depended on.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Just MHO

The only thing keeping Verrett from starting are his own injuries.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by illinois9er:

he is well worth the risk.. at least he has a very very good body of work that gives us hope we can get some good production out of him
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:

ward would get hurt stepping onto the thing. at least jason has shown he is a good football player

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
ward would get hurt stepping onto the thing. at least jason has shown he is a good football player

Notice the images on both Ward and Ferret, hence Ferrett has a better Hoveround...Ward sucks.

Ferrett was definitely playing at an elite level when he wasn't injured. However, this guy and Ward have not played much because they're injury prone. I'll pray. I'll hope. I'll make a wish.....not holding my breath (absolutely no expectations for him and Ward).
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:

Notice the images on both Ward and Ferret, hence Ferrett has a better Hoveround...Ward sucks.

Ferrett was definitely playing at an elite level when he wasn't injured. However, this guy and Ward have not played much because they're injury prone. I'll pray. I'll hope. I'll make a wish.....not holding my breath (absolutely no expectations for him and Ward).
i have more for jason than whats his face. even if we get 6 good games out of jason. thats more than we ever got for whats his face
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
i have more for jason than whats his face. even if we get 6 good games out of jason. thats more than we ever got for whats his face

6 games?!!

Man, if we can get 6 games from JV, then I'll pad Lynch on the back (that's a steal for that contract). We'll be lucky if he makes it out of camp unscathed, Shward and Ferrett will be cuddling each other on IR in the regular season.... I hope not, but I fear it will happen.
Originally posted by Ashelbash:

This is true but only if we trust Salah to properly coordinate the D. At times last season it looked like we were trying to win the bloody Nobel peace prize! although a lot of that could be put down to injuries and players not fully comfortable in the scenarios they were asked to play in.

Ya. Saleh runs a very vanilla defense where the players have to be great in order for him to look good. Its basically cover 3 every play lol. Not sure why they kept him another year. He will be gone by week 5 or 6.
Originally posted by illinois9er:

he is well worth the risk.. at least he has a very very good body of work that gives us hope we can get some good production out of him

Yup. This is the kind of injury signing I can get behind. The interesting thing will be what kind of contract he gets on the off chance he plays10+ games? Of course we will cross that bridge when we get there. But if we get a healthy Sherman and Verrett along with what our pass rush should be.....I think they could rival the Fangio defenses.
Share 49ersWebzone