CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9moon:
STALEY - if this guy continue to suck just like the past 3 years

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Hahaha

yeah I think moon just wrote that in hopes of getting a response....that's the only thing that makes sense
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Most important players for the 2019 season.

1. Jimmy G
2. Jason Verrett

#facts

I'd replace Verrett with Colbert. Verrett could get beat out by Spoon whether he's healthy or not.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Lol perfect response
Originally posted by John_Candy:

1. Jimmy G
2. Jason Verrett

#facts

I'd replace Verrett with Colbert. Verrett could get beat out by Spoon whether he's healthy or not.

That would be more shocking than the Jets going undefeated.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by John_Candy:

1. Jimmy G
2. Jason Verrett

#facts

That would be more shocking than the Jets going undefeated.

I'm not expecting Verrett to stay healthy until he proves otherwise. And I don't expect the same quality of play due to all his injuries. Spoon played much better later on in the season after he got demoted. Spoon is a guy that needs to be pushed. Verrett will push him. I think we will get the best version of Spoon this year. I think it's 50/50 on who starts at RCB.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
He was interviewed on NFL Radio on Sirius XM today. He said his Achilles is feeling good, and he'll definitely be ready by the start of the season.

Dude if he can actually stay healthy this yr that would be huge.

He was so good when healthy.

Would be amazing to actually have the conversation that Sherman is our worst cornerback in base personnel

If that's the case, move Sherm to FS and ball out.
This is the guy, that I'm really interested about. IF he can get healthy they might have a top 10 CB who's only 27.

Shoulda gave him more years

Yeah I agree...I think he's a west coast guy and they'd be more than willing to give him more money if he proves it.

I can't see him getting top 5 cash even if he kills it, the injury past is too much imo.

Probably would have to be a deal where he's paid based on his actual ability (top 5 or 10), but incentive laden. You'd really have to pay Verrett based on game appearances, participation in team activities, etc. If he isn't healthy.....
Wonder if he healthy enough to start practicing next week in otas?
Originally posted by CO9er4life:
He was interviewed on NFL Radio on Sirius XM today. He said his Achilles is feeling good, and he'll definitely be ready by the start of the season.

Would be amazing to actually have the conversation that Sherman is our worst cornerback in base personnel

This..... Sherman doesnt have the speed he once did but he has the hustle and iq to make up for his age. I think he could play free safety.

Originally posted by 24karat49er:

This..... Sherman doesnt have the speed he once did but he has the hustle and iq to make up for his age. I think he could play free safety.

I dont think he can play free safety in a cover1/cover3 scheme, becaus he doesnt have the speed to play centerfield. But could do it in split safety looks, and could for sure be a strong safety. He's a quality tackler and intelligent zone defender. SHould still have enough movement skills to cover TE's.
Originally posted by 24karat49er:

This is how the vets do it. They see so much so can react quicker to make up for the loss of speed. Probably can manipulate the rules better too. I'd love if they gave Sherman a look at FS or even SS next year in OTAs. You don't need to be a Donte Whitner type at SS anymore.
Take an all pro quality corner and move him to a brand new position that he does not fit at all at. Acting like playing Safety is just like cornerback or that Sherm would even accept being moved to safety. Show me more than Charles Woodson and Rod Woodson who have transitioned to safety successfully.
Take an all pro quality corner and move him to a brand new position that he does not fit at all at. Acting like playing Safety is just like cornerback or that Sherm would even accept being moved to safety. Show me more than Charles Woodson and Rod Woodson who have transitioned to safety successfully.

Sherm talks transitioning to safety
https://247sports.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/Article/Richard-Sherman-talks-retirement-timetable-moving-to-safety-125996711/

Sherm talks transitioning to safety
https://247sports.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/Article/Richard-Sherman-talks-retirement-timetable-moving-to-safety-125996711/

Darrel Revis talked about it as well. It doesn't mean these guys who are great corners can do it. It's possible but I would rather we just keep him at a position he is still great at rather than put him in a new position.
Share 49ersWebzone