LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Haha. That's not a bad approach. Throw Witherspoon or Moore a bone and if they prove they can't cut it, give Verrett the job after coming off the PUP.

It's the back half of our schedule that worries me. I would try and preserve him for the battle down the stretch. Hopefully Harris can contribute early and alleviate some of the pressure to get Jason on the field before he is ready.
Watch in TC this n***a gone injure a muscle that we've never heard of before.

"Jason Verrett tears his humorous colitis and will be out for the season."
Originally posted by elguapo:
So very true! I have to hear that s**t from my twin brother who is a diehard Bears fan. I keep telling him your offense isn't that good especially your quarterback that will cost them imo. You are right health is the primary concern for the niners not talent anymore

Definitely. If we're 3rd healthier this year, watch out.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Watch in TC this n***a gone injure a muscle that we've never heard of before.

"Jason Verrett tears his humorous colitis and will be out for the season."

Posters seem to want our players to get injured.
Injuries are a concern for nearly every team. The salary cap and free agency make it almost impossible to have depth at every position like the great teams of the 70's and 80's. We follow the Niners so we see it first hand but every team has injuries and that's just a part of the NFL We got hit especially hard last year so it's really on our minds. They say injuries, penalties and turnovers eventually even out so we are about due in all 3 areas.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Injuries are a concern for nearly every team. The salary cap and free agency make it almost impossible to have depth at every position like the great teams of the 70's and 80's. We follow the Niners so we see it first hand but every team has injuries and that's just a part of the NFL We got hit especially hard last year so it's really on our minds. They say injuries, penalties and turnovers eventually even out so we are about due in all 3 areas.

Ummmmmmm...

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/189063-injuries-5-year-analysis/

[ Edited by NCommand on May 16, 2019 at 1:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Travis49erfan:
Haha. That's not a bad approach. Throw Witherspoon or Moore a bone and if they prove they can't cut it, give Verrett the job after coming off the PUP.

It's the back half of our schedule that worries me. I would try and preserve him for the battle down the stretch. Hopefully Harris can contribute early and alleviate some of the pressure to get Jason on the field before he is ready.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Now, if Verrett is ball'n out in pre season and wins the job, bonus...otherwise I like this strategy.
Sounds like a good plan to me. Now, if Verrett is ball'n out in pre season and wins the job, bonus...otherwise I like this strategy.

I concur, but those Achilles injuries take twice as long as an acl injury. Coming off of the pup week 7 and then practicing for a few weeks makes the most sense to me.

One thing is pretty cool though. Sherman just came off of an Achilles injury. As far as that goes it couldn't have worked out better. Advice from one of the greats who just came off of the same injury? That certainly can only help matters.

I concur, but those Achilles injuries take twice as long as an acl injury. Coming off of the pup week 7 and then practicing for a few weeks makes the most sense to me.

One thing is pretty cool though. Sherman just came off of an Achilles injury. As far as that goes it couldn't have worked out better. Advice from one of the greats who just came off of the same injury? That certainly can only help matters.

Plus he's only 170 pounds and a smooth player so one would expect, perhaps, a little less weight and strain on that Achilles compared to a LB, SS or DL.
Plus he's only 170 pounds and a smooth player so one would expect, perhaps, a little less weight and strain on that Achilles compared to a LB, SS or DL.

Good point, but to play devil's advocate here. One could argue that the cutting and stopping on a dime would be more of a strain than any other position.

Hopefully this is the season where our bad injury luck changed. It seems like ever since the Bowman injury in the nfc championship game it went downhill we've had bad injuries every other season after that consistently. Verrett can be a prime contributer to our team if he can be healthy.
[ Edited by 24karat49er on May 16, 2019 at 2:58 PM ]
he'll never see the field

Good point, but to play devil's advocate here. One could argue that the cutting and stopping on a dime would be more of a strain than any other position.

Yeah running backwards puts a ton of stress on the Achilles which is why I wasn't surprised to see Sherman have half a dozen clean up procedures, calf strain and play at 80% at best.
Originally posted by 24karat49er:
Hopefully this is the season where our bad injury luck changed. It seems like ever since the Bowman injury in the nfc championship game it went downhill we've had bad injuries every other season after that consistently. Verrett can be a prime contributer to our team if he can be healthy.

For real.
He was interviewed on NFL Radio on Sirius XM today. He said his Achilles is feeling good, and he'll definitely be ready by the start of the season.
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on May 16, 2019 at 4:36 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone