woo hooo wooo hoo woo hoooo !!!
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I agree. I'm not saying we should extend him but thinking he has somehow fallen off a cliff after last year when he graded out as the best corner in football is a reach. Especially with Sherman who's never been the most athletic corner and uses great technique and elite football IQ to cover more than his athleticism.

BEST GRADED CB in football last year but let's ignore that and keep pushing this age issue denial isn't just a river in Egypt is it now.

I see him as a top 3 cb still but we need him back or the season is over. Last week his replacement gave up 147 years and lead to 3 tds given up. That's how important he is to us

Top 3? Nah. Jaire Alexander, TreDavious White, Jalen Ramsey and Marlon Humphrey. Ain't no one taking Sherm over any of those studs

Nah, Alexander isn't close to top 3 and Humphrey isn't even that much better than Peters. Everybody is taking Sherm over those 2. Long term maybe not but currently not a chance.

White
Gillmore
Ramsey
Sherman

Simple. I just listed 4 that are better. I can keep going

Patrick Peterson still good and a pro bowler (barely)
Darius Slay pro bowler
Casey Hayward easily is better
Lattimore pro bowler
Humphrey for sure and possibly peters
Ward

Keep in mind GB hasn't been that great against the pass and they have 2 pass rushers over 10 sacks last year. Also, McKenzie isn't good against the run. Hope you saw some of the games he okayed last year. Especially the niners blowing them out.

Top 10-15 cb isn't that bad with room to improve

Agreed, Alexander is not even close to top 3 in the NFL at the moment. Only in the Webzone he's top 3. True story!

RECEIPTS
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
I agree. I'm not saying we should extend him but thinking he has somehow fallen off a cliff after last year when he graded out as the best corner in football is a reach. Especially with Sherman who's never been the most athletic corner and uses great technique and elite football IQ to cover more than his athleticism.

BEST GRADED CB in football last year but let's ignore that and keep pushing this age issue denial isn't just a river in Egypt is it now.

I see him as a top 3 cb still but we need him back or the season is over. Last week his replacement gave up 147 years and lead to 3 tds given up. That's how important he is to us

Top 3? Nah. Jaire Alexander, TreDavious White, Jalen Ramsey and Marlon Humphrey. Ain't no one taking Sherm over any of those studs

Nah, Alexander isn't close to top 3 and Humphrey isn't even that much better than Peters. Everybody is taking Sherm over those 2. Long term maybe not but currently not a chance.

White
Gillmore
Ramsey
Sherman

Simple. I just listed 4 that are better. I can keep going

Patrick Peterson still good and a pro bowler (barely)
Darius Slay pro bowler
Casey Hayward easily is better
Lattimore pro bowler
Humphrey for sure and possibly peters
Ward

Keep in mind GB hasn't been that great against the pass and they have 2 pass rushers over 10 sacks last year. Also, McKenzie isn't good against the run. Hope you saw some of the games he okayed last year. Especially the niners blowing them out.

Top 10-15 cb isn't that bad with room to improve

Agreed, Alexander is not even close to top 3 in the NFL at the moment. Only in the Webzone he's top 3. True story!

RECEIPTS

And...........like I said before I'd easily take
Ramsey
White
Gilmore
Sherman fell off BUT
X Howard is better as well.
Lattimore you know he owns Evans and has been excellent
Hayward is still excellent as well

Receipts is right. Still not the best CB but at least he's improving every year
[ Edited by elguapo on Jan 24, 2021 at 9:14 PM ]
Originally posted by pd24:
I wouldn't break the bank for him. Some kind of incentive laden deal, he most likely is going to be hurt for a majority of the season. Don't let this past season fool you.

He is great when he can play.

Then why sign him at all
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teylo31:
Originally posted by pd24:
I wouldn't break the bank for him. Some kind of incentive laden deal, he most likely is going to be hurt for a majority of the season. Don't let this past season fool you.

He is great when he can play.

Then why sign him at all
If it is incentive laden or a 1 year deal, it makes him work hard to prove himself 1 more season. I don't think there is a long term deal out there for him.
Sherm knows! JV is priority #2 after TW

He will come back. K. Williams bout to make some money in NY though.
Verrett should come back with T Williams and Juice. We need those 3 the most imo

Originally posted by Heroism:

I am down for locking Verrett in to like a 3/24 deal, with no signing bonus, but the first 2 years guaranteed.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I am down for locking Verrett in to like a 3/24 deal, with no signing bonus, but the first 2 years guaranteed.

1. No way Verrett accepts a deal with no signing bonus, and 2. $8M a yr is too much IMO, $6M a yr max.

Share 49ersWebzone