LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:

Such great news for him and the 49ers.
I was pleasantly surprised by him yesterday, i hope he can stay healthy
Guy did well. I'm crossing my fingers.
Finally got some work. Just need to stay healthy and him and Sherman will sure up the secondary
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
TOLD YAHLL !!!

COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEARRRRR !!!
Crocky did a very nice thread about Verrett on Sunday. Talking about covering with his feet and not his arms. Staying in phase (shot at Akello) while trusting his legs to anticipate a stop while going vert. As long as JV is healthy this should be the corner opposite of Sherm. I feel like a field/boundary combination with those two could be special.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Crocky did a very nice thread about Verrett on Sunday. Talking about covering with his feet and not his arms. Staying in phase (shot at Akello) while trusting his legs to anticipate a stop while going vert. As long as JV is healthy this should be the corner opposite of Sherm. I feel like a field/boundary combination with those two could be special.

Agree 100%. If Verrett stays healthy and remains in form of the Giants game, takes the job from Moseley when Sherm gets back, that tandem will go a long way in making up for the lack of pass rush without Bosa and result in some coverage sacks.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Agree 100%. If Verrett stays healthy and remains in form of the Giants game, takes the job from Moseley when Sherm gets back, that tandem will go a long way in making up for the lack of pass rush without Bosa and result in some coverage sacks.

Verrett's worst play which I'm assuming was his responsibility was the out route to Engram which Danny Dimes overthrew. But Verrett followed the deep route too long and left that out open. That's a mental mistake that he will improve on. This his first game (f**k those 2 plays last year)in 3 years I'll give him a break for having a brain fart.

thx for mentioning Crock's thread. Had to check it out.

Hey, would you look at that: a CB that gets IN PHASE so he can look for the ball. Imagine that.

[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 29, 2020 at 3:41 PM ]

Originally posted by Heroism:

thx for mentioning Crock's thread. Had to check it out.

Hey, would you look at that: a CB that gets IN PHASE so he can look for the ball. Imagine that.

JusT lOoK For ThE bALl
aHkeLo jUsT nEeDz To tUrN hIs hEaD aRoUnD n hE'Ll bE guD

• thl408
Eric Crocker's thread on Verrett is very encouraging. The way Verrett is always ready to squat on breaking routes shows confidence in his ability and no fear of getting beat deep. Although only one game, he should be the starter opposite Sherman.
He has quick feet and aggressiveness on the ball that Witherspoon just doesnt have.
Starting my 8 game count down on Verrett staying healthy.

I'm rooting my ass off that he makes it at least 8 straight games with no injury issues. If he does I will gladly take back every bad comment I've ever made about him
Share 49ersWebzone