LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
It's a damn shame how these dumb ass fans are ripping JV kicking the man when he's down to the point Deebo and Jesse Sapolu have to speak out on it.

I thought Deebo was mentioning Grant Cohn talking s**t about player injuries in general, especially with his fake ass "how's your hamstring?" towards Deebo.
[ Edited by picklejuice on Nov 11, 2022 at 5:06 AM ]
Needs to hang it up, his body can't handle football anymore. A shame too, a fine DB.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
It's a damn shame how these dumb ass fans are ripping JV kicking the man when he's down to the point Deebo and Jesse Sapolu have to speak out on it.

Deebo and Jesse need to realize the internet is a sick and twisted place. They shouldn't take whatever comments at face value. It's not real life
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Needs to hang it up, his body can't handle football anymore. A shame too, a fine DB.

I mean....he was aiiight.
Originally posted by picklejuice:

I thought Deebo was mentioning Grant Cohn talking s**t about player injuries in general, especially with his fake ass "how's your hamstring?" towards Deebo.

Deebo was talking about people responding to JV's injury.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

His first year or two in the league were very damn good seasons. He was on track to be a top 5 corner in this league but this ridiculous amount of ACL injuries has derailed him. I hope the team can find a job for him on the staff or something, dude obviously loves football, has heart, and a great work ethic.
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Hey, let's keep him another year. Who knows, maybe he'll get healthy next year.

That's the problem! Can't be made at these guys but be mad at the 49ers! They keep signing and keeping these guys with length injury history and issues and then relying on them and these guys end up getting hurt over and over again!

Verrett was healthy for one season out of the 4 he was with the 49ers. He's played in 15 games for us in 4 seasons.... yet we brought him back and again were kind of counting on him. Shame

I do feel really bad for Verrett though. He seems like a good dude and the 3 years he stayed healthy in the League, he was a dam good corner. Problem is this is his 9th NFL season...
  • JMC52
  • Veteran

When he was healthy he was way more than alright, cmon dude
Originally posted by tankle104:

His first year or two in the league were very damn good seasons. He was on track to be a top 5 corner in this league but this ridiculous amount of ACL injuries has derailed him. I hope the team can find a job for him on the staff or something, dude obviously loves football, has heart, and a great work ethic.

Definitely. Not sure when his surgery is, but I wonder if he has an interest in coaching.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Silky:

Deebo and Jesse need to realize the internet is a sick and twisted place. They shouldn't take whatever comments at face value. It's not real life

Players now days have much thinner skin. You gotta block that s**t out and stay above the noise.

Originally posted by susweel:

Players now days have much thinner skin. You gotta block that s**t out and stay above the noise.

Some former player was on KNBR recently talking about how todays players are on their phones at halftime reading criticisms or their people are texting them relaying criticisms and it impacts their play in the 2nd half. If I were a coach I'd have a no cell phone policy during games. He also mentioned Paul Pierce used to only allow security to pass along communication from his family via a private line if it was truly an emergency. Otherwise no contact.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by susweel:

Some former player was on KNBR recently talking about how todays players are on their phones at halftime reading criticisms or their people are texting them relaying criticisms and it impacts their play in the 2nd half. If I were a coach I'd have a no cell phone policy during games. He also mentioned Paul Pierce used to only allow security to pass along communication from his family via a private line if it was truly an emergency. Otherwise no contact.

Thats against NFL rules to use your cell phone during half time.
For whatever reason this team has had a really hard time getting and keeping quality corners. We either miss on draft picks, overpay for free agents or they just can't stay healthy.
KOriginally posted by CatchMaster80:
For whatever reason this team has had a really hard time getting and keeping quality corners. We either miss on draft picks, overpay for free agents or they just can't stay healthy.

Hardest position to play in football after QB. The hit rate on CBs is gonna be low. Even if a CB has shut down the receiver for 34 out of 36 snaps if on 2 plays he got beat or the safety bit on a dig route and you lose your inside help on a yankee or pin concept and people will think the CB sucks.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
KOriginally posted by CatchMaster80:

Hardest position to play in football after QB. The hit rate on CBs is gonna be low. Even if a CB has shut down the receiver for 34 out of 36 snaps if on 2 plays he got beat or the safety bit on a dig route and you lose your inside help on a yankee or pin concept and people will think the CB sucks.

And every once in a while you strike gold with some old ass dude like Walt Harris.
Share 49ersWebzone