There are 205 users in the forums

Grade our offseason moves so far

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Grade our offseason moves so far

Originally posted by cciowa:
you need a list of people you would rather sign in order to have cred here... in regards to the cb, if we had the money to give to woeful ward who has a zero nfl resume. i guess its ok to give some money to this guy who at least has done something. the team damn well better draft a great safety and wide out. glaring holes. i am glad we cut coyle,.

Well yah itd be nice to see an educated thought out critique with examples of alternatives. Such a difficult ask
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
B+,,, With an A- max possible with WR being the only need left that's left undone.( I think FS will be addressed in the draft and the 3 guys that are there( Ward, Exum, and Colbert) we will get 2 players from this mix.).

Well with Mayo signed to replace Brock Coyle, and Jordan Matthews signed to replace Garcon, I'm going to A-
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Dee Ford - A+

Kwon Alexander - C+ (could be bumped up to a B+ if his recovery is good and he can cut well in training camp)

Tevin Coleman - A

Jimmie Ward - F

Overall Grade: B-

With Jordan Matthews and Jason Verrett, I'm bumping it up to a B+. Red zone weapon was also one of my main criticisms, and it looks like they're looking at it
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
you need a list of people you would rather sign in order to have cred here... in regards to the cb, if we had the money to give to woeful ward who has a zero nfl resume. i guess its ok to give some money to this guy who at least has done something. the team damn well better draft a great safety and wide out. glaring holes. i am glad we cut coyle,.

Well yah itd be nice to see an educated thought out critique with examples of alternatives. Such a difficult ask

maybe some people are not experts. maybe they can not whip out names and give you details on their life and history.. that does not make their opinion matter any less
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Well with Mayo signed to replace Brock Coyle, and Jordan Matthews signed to replace Garcon, I'm going to A-

not that high for me. but actually i like these moves today. not all pro players.. i never said we needed all pro players. just something better than what we have.. our new corner at least as a proven track record unlike ward. jordan has done some good things in his career and has very good size.. well./ i know nothing about mayo but i know he will be better than coyle,
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
With Jordan Matthews and Jason Verrett, I'm bumping it up to a B+. Red zone weapon was also one of my main criticisms, and it looks like they're looking at it

agree, i know everyone said.. no no.. big guys do not fit kyles scheme.. either they were wrong or kyle found out. he needs a bigger guy who can get unjammed and can catch touchdown passes. i am sure we will get a wide out in the draft but i do like this wide out. not a bad player in kind of a weak free agent wide out class this year. we needed a cb and i am willing to give him a fresh start and i feel better saying i hope he is healthy than i ever did saying that about ward
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Ford = B+ (giving up the 2020 second rounder instead of this year's makes this signing a B+)

Kwon = C - (still not sure why we didn't go 1st class with CJ Mosely instead, if Kwon plays well for 2 years, how much will he ask for)

Coleman = C - (replacing Morris was NOT necessary.. while MickiJet is a waste, I love Breida - Wilson - Mostert)

Ward = F F F (have we not seen his capability enough??)

Matthews - B (he can hit his prime here NOW.. I like his speed and size and he did not cost much)

Varrett - B (can play both slot and corner)

OVERALL WOULD BE SOLID "B" !!
IF they can stay healthy, it would be an A, but gave it a C because it probably won't happen.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by susweel:
Other than ford who basically a contract year dude, all the other dudes are damaged goods.

What would you have done? Edge was most important and they got the best one imo. So I give props there as well.

I felt safety was next, but that was strangely ignored so that does suck.

CB a bit, but I figured they'll draft more and let the kids play.

We need wr too so I'm curious what they do come draft time.

Imo the team is better, but safety a missed opportunity. Also given our injury bug and the guys we signed, I'm skeptical lol

Ford was the best move and should help the pass rush but he's a one year wonder so don't know if he can be the man year in year out but he's worth the gamble. Kwon was a head scratcher move he's coming back from a big injury, who knows if he regains form. Ack guys haven't worked out for us.

They ignored safety and wr and the cb they signed is never healthy.

Really didn't do much to improve the team.

Always look on the bright side of life.

That was a good post.

None of the offseason acquisitions besides Ford will have a huge impact on the team to take them to another level. They are just spot fillers. We've been getting a bunch of those guys and not enough studs the past two seasons which is why we're sitting at #2 overall. Its just not good enough.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 14, 2019 at 6:07 PM ]
B- For who was available, we did ok.

We are at #2 Bc

Everyone and their brother got hurt and we couldn't turn anyone over.

The amount of injuries and lack of turnovers was amazing.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

maybe some people are not experts. maybe they can not whip out names and give you details on their life and history.. that does not make their opinion matter any less

It does though, it really does. Not all opinions are equal. If person A is blowing smoke out their ass compared to person B who is dropping knowledge and research to back up their opinion then absolutely one will be valued and the other won't.

That's why people ask for alternatives, especially from those who have the ability to find fault with anything and everything.
If we only acquired Dee Ford and no one else, I'd still give our front office an A- because they addressed our biggest weakness with a guy who is top 5 at his position.
Originally posted by Sfwusc:
We are at #2 Bc

Everyone and their brother got hurt and we couldn't turn anyone over.

The amount of injuries and lack of turnovers was amazing.

Turnovers still concern me as we don't really have that proven ball hawk in the secondary. I know a monster front seven will help, but everytime I hope that I see Spoon getting hit dead centre of his back on an errant throw while running away and I think - Saleh.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
If we only acquired Dee Ford and no one else, I'd still give our front office an A- because they addressed our biggest weakness with a guy who is top 5 at his position.

I know right, you can't have a bad off season after filling the biggest need with one of the best overall players and yet it's still not good enough.
Share 49ersWebzone