There are 274 users in the forums

Grade our offseason moves so far

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Grade our offseason moves so far

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Other than ford who basically a contract year dude, all the other dudes are damaged goods.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
We got the best Edge there was.

A

Originally posted by RTFirefly:
We got an EDGE which I've been screaming for, like, forever.
A
Everybody else is icing on the FA cake.

Originally posted by susweel:
Other than ford who basically a contract year dude, all the other dudes are damaged goods.

What would you have done? Edge was most important and they got the best one imo. So I give props there as well.

I felt safety was next, but that was strangely ignored so that does suck.

CB a bit, but I figured they'll draft more and let the kids play.

We need wr too so I'm curious what they do come draft time.

Imo the team is better, but safety a missed opportunity. Also given our injury bug and the guys we signed, I'm skeptical lol
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

What would you have done? Edge was most important and they got the best one imo. So I give props there as well.

Imo the team is better, but safety a missed opportunity. Also given our injury bug and the guys we signed, I'm skeptical lol

Ford was the best move and should help the pass rush but he's a one year wonder so don't know if he can be the man year in year out but he's worth the gamble. Kwon was a head scratcher move he's coming back from a big injury, who knows if he regains form. Ack guys haven't worked out for us.

They ignored safety and wr and the cb they signed is never healthy.

Really didn't do much to improve the team.

Ford was the best move and should help the pass rush but he's a one year wonder so don't know if he can be the man year in year out but he's worth the gamble. Kwon was a head scratcher move he's coming back from a big injury, who knows if he regains form. Ack guys haven't worked out for us.

Always look on the bright side of life.
Originally posted by English:

Do you know who you talking too?
Originally posted by miked1978:

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Just giving my humble opinion like everyone else.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by miked1978:

the posts not the poster

Yes I'm a bit leery of taking these injured guys on discounts. I think Kwon will be ok, but it is risky.

I am baffled they didn't go after one of the safeties, but they are definitely banking on improved pass rush cascading across the defense. Plus we have the draft still so hopefully they have a good one. Like I've said- I'll be happy with a healthy 8-8.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

you need a list of people you would rather sign in order to have cred here... in regards to the cb, if we had the money to give to woeful ward who has a zero nfl resume. i guess its ok to give some money to this guy who at least has done something. the team damn well better draft a great safety and wide out. glaring holes. i am glad we cut coyle,.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Yes I'm a bit leery of taking these injured guys on discounts. I think Kwon will be ok, but it is risky.

I am baffled they didn't go after one of the safeties, but they are definitely banking on improved pass rush cascading across the defense. Plus we have the draft still so hopefully they have a good one. Like I've said- I'll be happy with a healthy 8-8.
at least dix.. i have to think they will get a safety at two or three in the draft... they can not actually think ward is the answer. you are spot on 8 wins
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
#Facts

I gave them an 'A' and I like the moves.

Ford - no matter how we look at it he's an upgrade over every pass rusher we've had since Aldon
Coleman - just watch him play. Fast, can catch, fits the scheme, makes big plays
Verrett - not very expensive. low risk/high reward potential.
Kwon - improves team speed on defense; unlike Foster creates turnovers. I'm willing to take the good with the bad (missed tackles)
Matthews - more career production than all the WRs we have on the roster. Nuff said
Mayo - idk much about this guy but they released Brock Coyle so likely his replacement on special teams
Ward - he either plays all 12-16 games this year or gets cut. I don't hate him as a player. Prefer they put him at Free Safety
Originally posted by LVJay:
#Facts

They see me rollin

They hating
Share 49ersWebzone