LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

Grade our offseason moves so far

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Grade our offseason moves so far

yeah baby! obviously gives us so much more flexibility with the draft. f**k Pinion!
[ Edited by 49erminion on Mar 14, 2019 at 11:05 AM ]
  • Jiks
C-
lmao. realistically b-. I think we need more playmakers on the offensive side an upgrade in the secondary.
Quite happy to date.
Still need a corner, a receiver, 2 guards, pass rusher, and a veteran safety. And this is BEFORE the draft.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
B

Need saftey/wr/cb

Ward takes the A away
lets grade the offseason 4 days into it... oh boooy
D+. No attempt to address the secondary yet when that is our biggest need. The Ford move is ok, not sure if we had to give up a 2nd rounder to get a decent pass rusher this year, but if he continues to play like he did in 2018 then it'll be worth it.

• thl408
Do you mind if I add the rest of the grading scale (B through F)?
C

WR- was not addressed
Safety- was not addressed(Ward )
Corner- was not addressed
LB- signed a guy who will probably not play in pre-season
Pass rush- Traded for a guy with great pass rushing ability but only did it for just one year
OL- I would have like to see some depth added
RB- Glad to have Colman on board. Insurance if the Jet doesn't come back the same.

D+

Dee Ford was a good addition, not great. You could have got a stop gap guy for cheaper ,but dee ford has a ton upside.

Kwon is an awful signing. Could have got Jordan hicks, who is far superior for cheaper.

No quality safety or corner signings so far. Coverage from our secondary was our biggest problem and they have ignored it. Passed up on a ton of good safeties and chose to go with a low upside injury prone player because the coaches love him.

Added a runningback, which was unnecessary.

Awful. Hopefully they add some value free agents and kill the draft.
[ Edited by philosoraptor on Mar 14, 2019 at 10:54 AM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Still need a corner, a receiver, 2 guards, pass rusher, and a veteran safety. And this is BEFORE the draft.

I'm so glad you have no say in our team strategy! How are your Steelers looking now?!

Person played well last year and was re-signed, they like Laken (probably more than I do) but our Guards have to be suited to the outside zone, I think we'll look to draft and develop behind those guys.

Signing another pass rusher is pointless, Blair, Marsh, Watson are all great depth and we're about to enter a loaded pass rusher draft class.

I would have liked a safety, but it takes two to tango in FA, Ha Ha is still out there who would fit.

Our FO clearly feels like they can draft and develop CB's and WR's, give the guys in our building a chance, it's not been long.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Mar 14, 2019 at 11:36 AM ]
Originally posted by kazak13:
lets grade the offseason 4 days into it... oh boooy

True, better to wait at least 2 weeks.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
D+

Dee Ford was a good addition, not great. You could have got a stop gap guy for cheaper ,but dee ford has a ton upside.

Kwon is an awful signing. Could have got Jordan hicks, who is far superior for cheaper.

No quality safety or corner signings so far. Coverage from our secondary was our biggest problem and they have ignored it. Passed up on a ton of good safeties and chose to go with a low upside injury prone player because the coaches love him.

Nope pass rush was. And it's not close.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
D+

Nope pass rush was. And it's not close.

I don't know about that with Matt "Jonas Jennings" Breida on the roster. Who did we end up starting at running back to close the season? I was mocking us a running back in the draft -- now we don't have to unless it's too good to be true.
Share 49ersWebzone