There are 317 users in the forums

Tevin Coleman, RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He's a scat back that needs major daylight to gain yards.
Originally posted by genus49:
I hate to join in on the Coleman bashing but certainly up the middle he's been brutal lately. I understand you have to divvy up the carries and keep defenses guessing so you can't just dial up outside runs with Coleman in the game but it's really frustrating to see him run into a wall for 1-2 yard gains and put us into bad spots on 3rd down.

Whole offense better wake the hell up and come back strong after this clunker. Guys need to help each other. Jimmy has to make better throws when they're there to make, WRs have to help him when he has to throw off balance or on the run. OL needs to block. Injuries are tough to overcome but we were flat yesterday and I just hope it won't cost us.

You sure can if he is only getting 5 Carries a game.the one run outside and he lights them up. He is in a timeshare dude , he is not the definitive starter
[ Edited by 49ers90sBaby on Dec 16, 2019 at 6:33 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't know why everyone all of a sudden is down on Coleman - I got him ranked ahead of both Mostert and Breida in the rotation.
Originally posted by genus49:
I hate to join in on the Coleman bashing but certainly up the middle he's been brutal lately. I understand you have to divvy up the carries and keep defenses guessing so you can't just dial up outside runs with Coleman in the game but it's really frustrating to see him run into a wall for 1-2 yard gains and put us into bad spots on 3rd down.

Whole offense better wake the hell up and come back strong after this clunker. Guys need to help each other. Jimmy has to make better throws when they're there to make, WRs have to help him when he has to throw off balance or on the run. OL needs to block. Injuries are tough to overcome but we were flat yesterday and I just hope it won't cost us.

For the most part our RBs do the same stuff well AND do the same stuff subpar. All 3 guys are great on OZ. between the tackles Mostert/Breida are better than Coleman to this point.

All three are avg in the passing game and IMO don't get used enough there.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I don't know why everyone all of a sudden is down on Coleman - I got him ranked ahead of both Mostert and Breida in the rotation.

and he shouldn't be at this point. He's an avg RB that is part of a committee. is what it is. He can snag a nice long run every once in a while. He's not consistent at all.

unless he takes less next yr, I don't see the point in giving him $4.9M next yr.
At this point, I wouldn't be upset if he never plays another down for us again.
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on Dec 16, 2019 at 9:05 AM ]
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
At this point, I wouldn't be upset if he never plus another down for us again.

But he will though ,
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

and he shouldn't be at this point. He's an avg RB that is part of a committee. is what it is. He can snag a nice long run every once in a while. He's not consistent at all.

unless he takes less next yr, I don't see the point in giving him $4.9M next yr.

I don't know if I'd give him $4.9M either, but he's still a good rotation guy.
I think all the offensive line shuffling is starting to show its wear. We are kinda hurting up front, Staley isn't 100, no Richburg, garland center is just ok. These guys need to get healthy

Your rankings suck, just like Shanahan's schizophrenia. He says MOSTERT has looked great and he has no choice but to make him the lead back, then he changes RBs like he's clueless. CONSISTENCY is prevented with this foolishness. He keeps other starters without batting an eyelash but Mostert will pull off an excellent run and take 3 tacklers with him, then has to sit out a few possessions. RIDICULOUS.

Originally posted by frenchtoast:

Your rankings suck, just like Shanahan's schizophrenia. He says MOSTERT has looked great and he has no choice but to make him the lead back, then he changes RBs like he's clueless. CONSISTENCY is prevented with this foolishness. He keeps other starters without batting an eyelash but Mostert will pull off an excellent run and take 3 tacklers with him, then has to sit out a few possessions. RIDICULOUS.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchtoast:

"Raheem has earned it these last few weeks," coach Kyle Shanahan said. "We need to give him more opportunities. He's given us no choice. I'm happy for him. He's been extremely impressive."

He said more opportunities not lead back tbf. And Mostert had 14 carries whilst TeCo and Breida had 4 each.

That schizophrenic Shanahan has the second best rushing attack in the league and it has helped us win 11 games.
Originally posted by 49ers90sBaby:
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
At this point, I wouldn't be upset if he never plus another down for us again.

But he will though ,

Yeah as long as he's playing for SF I'm gonna root for him. I'm also gonna be objective, he's just not very good.
Originally posted by evil:
He said more opportunities not lead back tbf. And Mostert had 14 carries whilst TeCo and Breida had 4 each.

That schizophrenic Shanahan has the second best rushing attack in the league and it has helped us win 11 games.

Lol he doesn't even know what he is talking about Mostert had 14 carries yesterday lol that's definitely getting more touched plus some passes ? So he had like 17 touches. So I'm confused what Shanahan did wrong
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yeah as long as he's playing for SF I'm gonna root for him. I'm also gonna be objective, he's just not very good.

When going inside yeah but when outside , he is that damn good
Share 49ersWebzone