There are 171 users in the forums

Tevin Coleman, RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Outside zone would be perfect for Bell. He has great patience in riding the blocking and bursts upfield quickly.

Not at all, the time for patience is the first two steps, not the first 8 he's used to, certainly would have been an adjustment.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by okdkid:
These dudes don't make it through a full season. Can't have a drop off. Need them all. No sense in cutting anybody.

this
I think we might run the ball this year
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
We drafted Glinch and everyone was "wtf we already have tackles sorted."

Then we traded Brown and everyone said "oh ok that's why."

So now we have Coleman, what happens next.....

nothing will happen.

Let's see whos healthy at the end of preseason. McKinnon literally got hurt on the last practice before week 1. And Breida is injury prone. We were getting RBs off the streets last year.

Coleman has a proven record of healthiness and success.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Mar 13, 2019 at 3:15 PM ]
Why are people complaining about this signing. Tevin Coleman is a beast in Shanny's system. Besides.. doesn't anyone remember last year when we almost had to call Garrison Hearst out of retirement bc all our RB's were getting injured?
wow, didn't see this coming
These dudes don't make it through a full season. Can't have a drop off. Need them all. No sense in cutting anybody.

I agree. The Niners wont be releasing any of the 3 unless McKinnon simply cant come back from his injury. This signing makes SO much sense.
Originally posted by susweel:

Damn no love for breida

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Damn no love for breida

lol he changed it
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Outside zone would be perfect for Bell. He has great patience in riding the blocking and bursts upfield quickly.

Not at all, the time for patience is the first two steps, not the first 8 he's used to, certainly would have been an adjustment.

Yeah he's not a one cut and go guy. He would have earned his money in the passing game here

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
You dont have to have a "full time back" to win. Or maybe you havent paid attention to what NE has done in their backfield. This gives the team a great rotation and insurance in case of injury.

I am not saying I don't agree with you in this little mini debate about McKinnon, John.

But I am getting awfully tired of people using New England as an example when trying to prove their point. New England is the outlier, not the norm.
Sorry you are so tired of it. But its a good example because its true.

Yeah but how many other teams do what they do? That's my point. People talk about the way they manage their cap and things too as if duplicating what they do is so easy.
The new "Earth Wind and Fire" Giants circa 2008!!! I like it!
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Damn no love for breida

lol he changed it

Must have heard ya
Originally posted by Ninerblood:
Why are people complaining about this signing. Tevin Coleman is a beast in Shanny's system. Besides.. doesn't anyone remember last year when we almost had to call Garrison Hearst out of retirement bc all our RB's were getting injured?

If Mckinnon can come back healthy, we have a nice stable of backs. Not sure of the complaints either.
Haha. The 49ers have signed my two favorite RBs from other teams. Lol. I think Coleman can be elite!! Love the signing. If McKinnon is waved by June first the 49ers save over 3million$. My guess is McKinnon gets waved.
Share 49ersWebzone