LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Tevin Coleman, RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by susweel:
Pretty much an admission that signing Mehkinnon was a mistake.

Shanny going the NE route and signing a ton of RBs lol

Gotta do your best to make sure at least one makes it to the end lol
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
You dont have to have a "full time back" to win. Or maybe you havent paid attention to what NE has done in their backfield. This gives the team a great rotation and insurance in case of injury.

I am not saying I don't agree with you in this little mini debate about McKinnon, John.

But I am getting awfully tired of people using New England as an example when trying to prove their point. New England is the outlier, not the norm.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I am not saying I don't agree with you in this little mini debate about McKinnon, John.

But I am getting awfully tired of people using New England as an example when trying to prove their point. New England is the outlier, not the norm.

Philadelphia?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by susweel:
Pretty much an admission that signing Mehkinnon was a mistake.

Hardly. However, it may be a sign that McKinnon isnt coming back from his injury quite as well as expected. Most likely is the fact that Coleman gives the team a great 3 man rotation and comes at a great price.

It's a sign that there's no confidence in McKinnon or Breida being able to be full time backs.
You dont have to have a "full time back" to win. Or maybe you havent paid attention to what NE has done in their backfield. This gives the team a great rotation and insurance in case of injury.

They didn't win again until they got a workhorse type of runner in Michel. We don't have that.

They beat Atlanta without a workhorse. White tore it up.

I get ya, but when it comes to RBs, the majority of teams are by committee in today's NFL.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Welp there's the bigger power style back a lot of people have clamored for so they can all suck it.

He's smaller than McKinnon...

Coleman listed 6'1" 210 lbs, McKinnon 5'9" 205. He's probably even a little more than 210. Try again.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Mar 13, 2019 at 3:12 PM ]

Sorry you are so tired of it. But its a good example because its true.
We drafted Glinch and everyone was "wtf we already have tackles sorted."

Then we traded Brown and everyone said "oh ok that's why."

So now we have Coleman, what happens next.....
Originally posted by thl408:
What on earth? How much money does Kyle want to spend on RBs? Jet Juice Coleman. F it, let's run 31 personnel.

Decrypt==jets rehab not going so great.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
This should help Breida. He can come for a few plays at a time and come out before he twists his ankle. McK Coleman and Breida is nice RB corps.

Originally posted by ninerjok:
Coleman listed 6'1" 210 lbs, McKinnon 5'9" 205. Try again.

Combine numbers:

Coleman: 5'11", 206; McKinnon: 5'9", 209

McKinnon is the thicker 'back, but they're practically the same size. Kyle has a type.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 13, 2019 at 3:14 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
These dudes don't make it through a full season. Can't have a drop off. Need them all. No sense in cutting anybody.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Love this signing!!!
  • pd24
  • Veteran
If the Rams had signed this guy as Gurley insurance you guys would be all over it. This also keeps him from going there.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Originally posted by RedLion49er:
Good signing. Shannahan sending a message after a year full of in and out of rotations. We need tough players to play through 16 games.

Yep for sure. I'd expect Coleman, McKinnon, Breida, and Mohstert as the backs to start the season.

Good signing. Saw from his stats that he's a very good receiver. I don't watch the Atlanta Falcons so I'm relying on you guys on the board to fill me in, but I think the fact that McKinnon is coming back from an ACL (even though - lets say - his prognosis is excellent) I'd still want some depth there just In case McKinnon has a setback and this guy looks like a younger Alfred Morris to me. I think Kyle should just use his genius to go free agency on his offensive players and just draft defense the rest of his tenure here in 49er Land. I mean how many undrafted offensive players he has acquired on this team that are the equivalent of mid round draft picks?
Share 49ersWebzone