LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Too many DL/LB. do we make a trade?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We got a ton of players along that front..
Buckner-enough said
Ford-new toy
Thomas- rookie
Armstead -5th year
Marsh - small contract
Day - rookie deal
Jones - flashed for sure rookie deal
Blair- who I thought played really well rookie deal
And it feels like I'm missing someone else too

A lot of people are expecting us to go Q. Williams or Bosa. Do we take one either one for sure or trade down with a QB hungry team? What would you do if its Bosa or QW, do you trade anyone we currently have ? Im loving the flexibility we have right now tho
I think we double down on passrusher. Although I would be fine with QW if Bosa is gone.

I think it's possible we move on from Marsh, Day, or Blair. One of them might be in danger.
Street is in there too.
It's not too many. A great front 7 is awesome.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I agree, but it may make too much sense to release Armstead and save the money (before June 1st I believe).

Depends on what the situation is with ET or a cornerback like Desir. If they're going to sign one of those guys, I imagine they'll release Armstead.

Also, I expect the FO to extend Buckner soon, so I'm sure the once-large CAP is shrinking quickly.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Street is in there too.

And Taylor. Tamopeanu (sp) on the practice squad
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I agree, but it may make too much sense to release Armstead and save the money (before June 1st I believe).

Depends on what the situation is with ET or a cornerback like Desir. If they're going to sign one of those guys, I imagine they'll release Armstead.

Also, I expect the FO to extend Buckner soon, so I'm sure the once-large CAP is shrinking quickly.

Were not getting rid of Armstead. They love him. He's actually one of the best run stuffing DT in football. He just gets crapped on for not getting sacks.
Whe should just trade for Jalen Ramsey seems like big time players are available on the trade market.
I'd try to cut ties and trade Soloman Thomas, hopefully for no worse than a 3rd rounder. ASAP.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
I'd try to cut ties and trade Soloman Thomas, hopefully for no worse than a 3rd rounder. ASAP.

Solomon Thomas is far worse than Armstead who people give a lot of flack to. At least Armstead can stuff the run really well and hold the point of attack. Thomas gives you nothing. I can't believe we spent the #3 overall pick on him. Yikes. I'd keep Armstead for sure as others said. He's a good run defender and good at holding the point of attack. He just doesn't get a lot of sacks which is why he gets a hard time from the WZ.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 13, 2019 at 7:58 AM ]

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Were not getting rid of Armstead. They love him. He's actually one of the best run stuffing DT in football. He just gets crapped on for not getting sacks.

Lol hes not one of the best. Hes good against the run, but not great. DTs who can only stuff the run are a dime in a dozen. Hopefully hes gone.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Mar 13, 2019 at 8:25 AM ]
Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Street is in there too.

And Taylor. Tamopeanu (sp) on the practice squad

Pita will need to give up 55 too, and his way back to the practice squad lol
the only d linemen that I want to keep:

Blair
Buckner
Ford
Day
Jones

everyone else can GTFO.

Solomon Thomas is far worse than Armstead who people give a lot of flack to. At least Armstead can stuff the run really well and hold the point of attack. Thomas gives you nothing. I can't believe we spent the #3 overall pick on him. Yikes. I'd keep Armstead for sure as others said. He's a good run defender and good at holding the point of attack. He just doesn't get a lot of sacks which is why he gets a hard time from the WZ.

Solly can't stuff the run well?? First time i've heard that one
Originally posted by 49erJay:

Solly can't stuff the run well?? First time i've heard that one

Read it again.
Share 49ersWebzone