LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

His skill set is perfect for the wide 9

Just the fact that we'll be rushing on first downs AND with Bosa and Ford has me all kinds of excite.

Damn...what a show. How did KC let him go? Was it the $$? Or injury. Or were they capped out? Whatever, amazing. Just amazing.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Damn...what a show. How did KC let him go? Was it the $$? Or injury. Or were they capped out? Whatever, amazing. Just amazing.

Not sure what the reasoning was, but I am so glad this guy is on our defense now

I believe it was partly the injury concerns with the money expected, plus they didn't feel he was a great fit for their scheme. Frank Clark is a smart move for them but Dee is a great fit for us in the wide 9 with Bosa on the other side.
Originally posted by NCommand:

His skill set is perfect for the wide 9

Just the fact that we'll be rushing on first downs AND with Bosa and Ford has me all kinds of excite.

Hell yes!
Animal!!!!

He will be the reason!

Money and the new DC likes bigger DEs

The claim is because their D went to 3-4 so he doesn't really fit anymore. But I think it has more to do with KC looking at their future cap situation and Ford becoming too expensive. The scheme fit problem is a convenient way to explain his departure.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
The claim is because their D went to 3-4 so he doesn't really fit anymore. But I think it has more to do with KC looking at their future cap situation and Ford becoming too expensive. The scheme fit problem is a convenient way to explain his departure.

They were a 3-4 now it's a 4-3 under Spaggs.

I forgot they just gave up a 1st and gave Clark $104M so not sure it's about cash

I forgot they just gave up a 1st and gave Clark $104M so not sure it's about cash

Sometimes I think team's just burn bridges with players, like Raiders with Mack and Giants with ODB. Their loss is our gain ;)

Oh sorry my mistake. That's correct, they switched to 4-3 and implied he wasn't a good scheme fit anymore. I don't buy it though, a really good player can adapt.

Good post and I agree.

That offsides penalty that lost their playoff game didn't help.

I believe it was the money. They were about to sign ty hill to a massive contract, traded ford, hill stuff happened, they trade for clark.

Oh sorry my mistake. That's correct, they switched to 4-3 and implied he wasn't a good scheme fit anymore. I don't buy it though, a really good player can adapt.
Yeah I guess they weren't sold on him or whatever....fine with me When healthy he can get after the QB.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
I believe it was the money. They were about to sign ty hill to a massive contract, traded ford, hill stuff happened, they trade for clark.

They paid more for Clark than what Ford got (like double the guaranteed cash)? They could have tagged Ford as well ....the Hill stuff could have played a part BUT IMO they could have signed both Hill and Ford.

When there was talks of Dee possibly getting moved, it had a lot to do with scheme (apparently).... Spags wants bigger DE that are good at run defending as well. Clark is a better overall DE, but imo he's a head case and wasn't worth a 1st and double the cash.
Share 49ersWebzone