LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9moon:
Actually, Ford's speed and style would be closer to Aldrunk's.. . while Nick " Fury " Bosa is closer to Justin's.

You've got completely reversed lol. Aldon's game was predictated around his hand usage(swipes, long arms, and bulls were his primaries); Nick's game is as well.

Dee Ford is a bullet. A true speed rusher. Niners haven't had an edge rusher like for as long as I can remember.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 3, 2019 at 2:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Actually, Ford's speed and style would be closer to Aldrunk's.. . while Nick " Fury " Bosa is closer to Justin's.

You've got completely reversed lol. Aldon's game was predictated around his hand usage(swipes, long arms, and bulls were his primaries); Nick's game is as well.

Dee Ford is a bullet. A true speed rusher. Niners haven't had an edge rusher like for as long as I can remember.

Wow. How disrespectful to Roderick Green.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Tabor
Originally posted by genus49:
Would love it if Dee could be our Justin Smith type addition at DE. Someone who really takes his game up to another level after changing teams.

And would be even better if Bosa could be our Aldon Smith...minus the off the field idiocy

Aldon's game was very different to Dee. My analogy was more FA/trade addition Justin/Dee and first round pick Aldon/Bosa. Wasn't a player comp but as long as one plays his positional equivalent of Justin Smith and the other plays like Aldon Smith the first 2 years sign me the f up.
Would love it if Dee could be our Justin Smith type addition at DE. Someone who really takes his game up to another level after changing teams.

And would be even better if Bosa could be our Aldon Smith...minus the off the field idiocy

Aldon's game was very different to Dee. My analogy was more FA/trade addition Justin/Dee and first round pick Aldon/Bosa. Wasn't a player comp but as long as one plays his positional equivalent of Justin Smith and the other plays like Aldon Smith the first 2 years sign me the f up.

I'll weigh in...

Ford and Justin were good early on but still inconsistent (more so Ford), they both were not appreciated by their original teams, they both have one elite physical trait that helps them win 1 on 1 (speed for Ford, power for Smith)

Nick should be more like Aldon because he's expected to be top 5 caliber player from day 1. Both of their hand usage are elite and they have some baggage coming into the draft.

I'll weigh in...

Ford and Justin were good early on but still inconsistent (more so Ford), they both were not appreciated by their original teams, they both have one elite physical trait that helps them win 1 on 1 (speed for Ford, power for Smith)

Nick should be more like Aldon because he's expected to be top 5 caliber player from day 1. Both of their hand usage are elite and they have some baggage coming into the draft.

You guys are making this much more analytical lol. But I like it!

This football team's a joke, and i"m the lead comedian. 3 more sacks and I'm cutting Roderick Green again...

I'll weigh in...

Hopefully just in the playing part not in the constantly f**king up off the field part.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

His speed rush is crazy good.

And Ford has room for improvement in that area. He struggles with a false step here and there. Hopefully, Kris Kocurek can help him clean that up.

He will help this defense so much this year

I can only go back so many yrs.,..to late 70s.. but i can't recall we ever had speed on the edge like Dee. Granted the videos were just highlights, but still... this' is speed to burn, ridiculous speed. Once around the DT you can see the "bend" ...but where did that REACH come from? Gadzooks. It looks like he snags QBs while horizontal with what looks like a 9 ft reach. Sheesh.

I can't believe he is ours. What really is striking is that KC let him go. I know, they added what's his face, but still...

Everyone is excited about the O. We mostly know what is coming, now that Jimmy is back and kyle has shown what he can do with not much talent. Well he has it now. More than we can use, in fact. But it is the D that i can't wait for. I can kinda see it, but Nick, Solomon, Buck and then Dee on the other side?
How exactly does an O defend against that? QBs that have feasted on our hapless D for yrs now...it's over. And that doesn't even include Warner and Kwon.

If we stay healthy....mmmmm.

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

I can only go back so many yrs.,..to late 70s.. but i can't recall we ever had speed on the edge like Dee. Granted the videos were just highlights, but still... this' is speed to burn, ridiculous speed. Once around the DT you can see the "bend" ...but where did that REACH come from? Gadzooks. It looks like he snags QBs while horizontal with what looks like a 9 ft reach. Sheesh.

I can't believe he is ours. What really is striking is that KC let him go. I know, they added what's his face, but still...

Everyone is excited about the O. We mostly know what is coming, now that Jimmy is back and kyle has shown what he can do with not much talent. Well he has it now. More than we can use, in fact. But it is the D that i can't wait for. I can kinda see it, but Nick, Solomon, Buck and then Dee on the other side?
How exactly does an O defend against that? QBs that have feasted on our hapless D for yrs now...it's over. And that doesn't even include Warner and Kwon.

The one thing about his career that gives me pause is he has spent a lot of time injured and I think that is the reason KC let him go. He had been injured for the most part except his contract year and one other.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I'll weigh in...

You guys are making this much more analytical lol. But I like it!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Holy moly, that rates about a 6.9 on the Richter scale. The guy is a little bit fast...and furious. zowie.

Can't wait to see him lined up outside.

I'm telling ya with Ford/Bosa/Buck, a rotation of ST/AA/Blair, and Warner and Kwon...we could easily have a top 5 front 7

I'm just here to see someone use the word gadzooks
Share 49ersWebzone