LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Chiefs fans treated this guy like Kyle Williams. Well, I don't blame them. It sucks. We could have won the SB in 2011 if he didn't make that stupid play. It's hard to pay a guy big money if they costed you a big playoff game.

At least Williams was just a s**tty special teams player. If he was actually good, Idk how I'd feel. It would certainly be hard to justify keeping the guy.

Dee Ford. He's a run liability, but hopefully he can bulk up and get better in this area. Otherwise, hes a great pass rusher. But I also laugh at people that think we are set at this position just because of him. Couldn't be further from the truth. If he gets injured, we're pretty much f**ked. Especially if we don't land Bosa. Need to add a LOT MORE to the edge group.

I'm pissed off at him also. Dude handed Brady his 6th SB ring.

We got our Chris Long 2.0 (Bosa! )
If we didn't acquire Dee Ford, I would want another defensive player after drafting Bosa. But now that we have both of these dudes along with DeFo...

our D is set. This DL gonna make our DBs look like probowlers. Add in the speed of Kwon and overall ability and awareness of Fred Warner...sheeeeeeet...no need to draft D this year.
If we didn't acquire Dee Ford, I would want another defensive player after drafting Bosa. But now that we have both of these dudes along with DeFo...

our D is set. This DL gonna make our DBs look like probowlers. Add in the speed of Kwon and overall ability and awareness of Fred Warner...sheeeeeeet...no need to draft D this year.

Not at DB. We definitely can use help at cornery and both safety positions. I also wouldnt mind an edge guy late/UDFA to develop on the practice squad. SAM lb is another position we can add more.

Chargers didn't get over the hump until they got Derwin. We still need a impact safety.
Originally posted by Predator85:
Chargers didn't get over the hump until they got Derwin. We still need a impact safety.

Chargers still aren't over the hump. Their lack of interior pass rush killed them vs New England in the playoffs. Drafting Tillery was huge for them.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Chargers still aren't over the hump. Their lack of interior pass rush killed them vs New England in the playoffs. Drafting Tillery was huge for them.

Yea, for all of the emphasis we've been putting on edge rushing, it didn't help the Chargers or Chiefs much against Brady.
[ Edited by KittleSkittle on Apr 26, 2019 at 3:44 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yea, for all of the emphasis we've been putting on edge rushing, it didn't help the Chargers or Chiefs much against Brady.
Unless you can get to Brady in under two sec. like Denver did in the AFC championship a few years ago you won't beat him with a simple pass rush, he's too good at this point in his career to be tricked or beaten that way.
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran

They don't have Buckner
Originally posted by KiwiM:

They don't have Buckner

The Chiefs have Chris Jones though.

They don't have Buckner

Buckner's better IMO.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:

They don't have Buckner

Buckner's better IMO.

Maybe. It's debatable. The main thing is that even though we've built potentially a top defensive line, we still have a lot of work to do in the secondary if we want to be a top defense.
[ Edited by KittleSkittle on Apr 26, 2019 at 3:54 PM ]
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Maybe. It's debatable. The main thing is that even though we've built potentially a top defensive line, we still have a lot of work to do in the secondary if we want to be a top defense.

It's not debatable, Buckner hasn't had any outside help since he came into the league
Originally posted by FaTaL:

It's not debatable, Buckner hasn't had any outside help since he came into the league

This. Not a single credible threat. Now he has two.
I think Dee Ford will end up playing SLB on base downs and edge rusher on passing downs. I know Lynch said he is a fulltime LEO but i think that was just so people didnt think we still have a vacancy at LEO going into the draft. They need to get all the best players on the field at the same time so it makes the most sense, especially since Fords weakness is that he isnt very good at the run. He knows how to cover from being a 3-4 OLB so he has the skills and knowledge to do so
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I think Dee Ford will end up playing SLB on base downs and edge rusher on passing downs. I know Lynch said he is a fulltime LEO but i think that was just so people didnt think we still have a vacancy at LEO going into the draft. They need to get all the best players on the field at the same time so it makes the most sense, especially since Fords weakness is that he isnt very good at the run. He knows how to cover from being a 3-4 OLB so he has the skills and knowledge to do so

I'd like to think this, but the staff and experts are pushing a Buckner and Ford terrorizing the right/blind side.. But if Bosa can play LDE (ala Patrick Kerney/Justin Smith), then everybody still wins.
Share 49ersWebzone