There are 106 users in the forums

Niners Trade for Dee Ford

Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Wow, I did not see this one coming. Big timd move. I don't think Bosa is a slam dunk at 2 now. Josh Allen & Q Williams very much in play IMO

Exactly, Ford is going to get pressure coming off the edge and that forces the QB to step up in the pocket, but if Buckner is doubled team or can't beat his man then the QB can still have time to make plays. Put Williams in there with Buckner and now the chances of getting to that QB increases greatly.
Hey MadDog, I just watched some film on him, and he rushes from the left end spot quite a bit. Bosa might still be the pick.
Disagree
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think the Niners' brass has tipped their hand that Bosa is NOT their guy at 2 by picking up Ford.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,457
Dude turns 28 on the 19th...still early in his prime. I think he has room to get better.

Welcome aboard Dee and Happy B-Day (in advance)
Still want Bosa
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 672
This I like

Not everything is forgiven, Lynch, but this is a good start.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I can't see the team giving up on Thomas this quickly.....but Bosa did play LDE, so maybe the line looks like this:
Bosa----Buckner---NT----Ford (Leo).

This would, in essence, bench two first round DL in Thomas and Armstead.

Thomas can't play inside? I felt that he looked best there at times.
Dee Ford is about to give Russell Wilson deez nuts.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Bosa at LEO, Ford at SAM? Wow

I wouldn't put Ford at SAM. If they do that, they're basically conceding they'd rather have him in coverage on snaps that he could be rushing the passer.

But it's really a trivial talking point because base is such a relatively small percentage of total snaps.

Ford at Leo, Bosa at big end.
We happy now? Boom!

Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I can't see the team giving up on Thomas this quickly.....but Bosa did play LDE, so maybe the line looks like this:
Bosa----Buckner---NT----Ford (Leo).

This would, in essence, bench two first round DL in Thomas and Armstead.

Thomas can't play inside? I felt that he looked best there at times.

Not on run downs.

I would trade either of them if the price is right.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think the Niners' brass has tipped their hand that Bosa is NOT their guy at 2 by picking up Ford.

I agree. I think Q Williams is the pick now.

What if Bosa is there?
Either guy will be amazing in my opinion. If the Niners feel that they are set with Ford at LEO and concerned about Bosa's injuries then I they could easily go with Williams . I still would go with Bosa but I will be pissed if they dont get one of them. (unless they get a huge haul in a deal down)
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Mar 12, 2019 at 6:12 PM ]
Cards fans freaking out lol
https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/49ers-trade-for-dee-ford.300646/
Originally posted by Furlow:
Ford at Leo, Bosa at big end.

.
  • Jiks
  • Member
  • Posts: 23,728
Originally posted by brizznasty:
Dee Ford is about to give Russell Wilson deez nuts.

Ha
Share 49erswebzone