Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Ford > Clark

[ Edited by Giedi on Apr 24, 2019 at 5:55 AM ]
Originally posted by All22:
No way is Clark worth Ford + 1st + 20 million.

Seattle scored. They can definitely pick up Chase Winovich or similar in the 20s

I cannot imagine what the Chiefs are thinking here. I'm guessing they don't want to lose the momentum they gained last year so they are paying BIG bucks/picks to not lose ground defensively. That said...seems like a stupid move.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
I cannot imagine what the Chiefs are thinking here. I'm guessing they don't want to lose the momentum they gained last year so they are paying BIG bucks/picks to not lose ground defensively. That said...seems like a stupid move.
lot of money they are paying him. guess they can afford to do it before thier qb makes zillions in a few years. i am also seeing chiefs fans tearing down ford to build up clark. i thought that was only here in the webzone with kyle vs jh . guess not. i could care less if dee plays the run well or not. he brings to the table something we have been crying out for for years
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Clark isn't a better pass rusher and I'm not sure if he's better at anything else either aside from being healthier and 2 years younger.

This seems like a stupid ass off-season for the chiefs.

But he lined up offsides once. Granted, it was a crucial point in a playoff game, and nullified a Brady interception. But it still makes me laugh when that one play is the fans justification for trading him for peanuts. Typical fan reaction.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
But he lined up offsides once. Granted, it was a crucial point in a playoff game, and nullified a Brady interception. But it still makes me laugh when that one play is the fans justification for trading him for peanuts. Typical fan reaction.

we did that with kyle williams. i still say had we actually been able to make a first down on third down. and never called for a reverse on a wet field with a wet ball. it never would have come down to the klyle mess ups. i have no point here
Bookend Ford and Bosa! Just get this over w/ already. If I hear ONE MORE mock draft I'm gunna mock puke!
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

we did that with kyle williams. i still say had we actually been able to make a first down on third down. and never called for a reverse on a wet field with a wet ball. it never would have come down to the klyle mess ups. i have no point here

Kyle f**king Williams can't even hold Dee fords jock strap, Williams always sucked other than decent catches, we all had the right rip Williams to shreds. Chiefs fans ripping Ford because he "cost" them the game is like us ripping Buckner and saying he sucks and we want him gone. Clear overreaction and fans being pissed rightfully so but deep down know he doesn't suck and would've been happy either way if he was resigned

Yeah but Williams was a mediocre player to begin with. I put that on him and the coaching staff for not having him stay away from the football like the Giants did with their punt returner.
Chiefs fans treated this guy like Kyle Williams. Well, I don't blame them. It sucks. We could have won the SB in 2011 if he didn't make that stupid play. It's hard to pay a guy big money if they costed you a big playoff game.

At least Williams was just a s**tty special teams player. If he was actually good, Idk how I'd feel. It would certainly be hard to justify keeping the guy.

Dee Ford. He's a run liability, but hopefully he can bulk up and get better in this area. Otherwise, hes a great pass rusher. But I also laugh at people that think we are set at this position just because of him. Couldn't be further from the truth. If he gets injured, we're pretty much f**ked. Especially if we don't land Bosa. Need to add a LOT MORE to the edge group.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Chiefs fans treated this guy like Kyle Williams. Well, I don't blame them. It sucks. We could have won the SB in 2011 if he didn't make that stupid play. It's hard to pay a guy big money if they costed you a big playoff game.

At least Williams was just a s**tty special teams player. If he was actually good, Idk how I'd feel. It would certainly be hard to justify keeping the guy.

Dee Ford. He's a run liability, but hopefully he can bulk up and get better in this area. Otherwise, hes a great pass rusher. But I also laugh at people that think we are set at this position just because of him. Couldn't be further from the truth. If he gets injured, we're pretty much f**ked. Especially if we don't land Bosa. Need to add a LOT MORE to the edge group.

I'm pissed off at him also. Dude handed Brady his 6th SB ring.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yeah but Williams was a mediocre player to begin with. I put that on him and the coaching staff for not having him stay away from the football like the Giants did with their punt returner.
i am not disagreeing. was just saying. fans do that alot. of course after the first messed up punt. they should have pulled him. i never said what the chiefs fans are doing to dee is right
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

agree. we need another edge rusher. i hope the team sees this to and while i do not hate williams... i hope their answer for a second edge rusher is not to draft williams and then convert buck to outside. just get bosa or next best pass rusher or trade down two spots and still get your edge rusher

Just asking...any actual evidence of this?

And why would you want a wide 9 to bulk up for run defense?
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 24, 2019 at 9:28 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

I am going by his PFF grades, which yes, I know PFF is largely crap and shouldn't be taken that seriously. But I also think he is a bit light for a DE. I'd like to see him in the 250 range. I think he is 240 atm.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Chiefs/status/1120760222287585280
Originally posted by NCommand:

I am going by his PFF grades, which yes, I know PFF is largely crap and shouldn't be taken that seriously. But I also think he is a bit light for a DE. I'd like to see him in the 250 range. I think he is 240 atm.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Chiefs/status/1120760222287585280

Great...much appreciated.
Share 49ersWebzone