There are 191 users in the forums

Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
I hope we get a full season out of the guy, whenever he's on the field our defense plays so much better.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I think he's over his hammy issues. I think he plays the full season pain free.

Super bowl here we come.

yeah I don't want to just get to the super bowl and lose on the biggest stage, lets win the trophy please.

chiefs vs 49ers rematch.

No, I think it's Chiefs vs Niners again in revenge season replay.

Lets hope the officials call holding this time round.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I think he's over his hammy issues. I think he plays the full season pain free.

Super bowl here we come.

yeah I don't want to just get to the super bowl and lose on the biggest stage, lets win the trophy please.

chiefs vs 49ers rematch.

No, I think it's Chiefs vs Niners again in revenge season replay.

They gave Mahomes and Reid theirs so they should call a fair game this time around
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Jun 1, 2020 at 3:20 PM ]

Probably on the 49ers.
Depends on what area you live in.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I don't think you can get tendinosis in the ass.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'm not optimistic about the 49ers returning to the SB this year. I see a similarity between the 2019 team and the 1981 team. Both were led by a brilliant offensive coach in their 3rd year. Both had a young QB who hadn't really hit his stride. The 2019 team was led by a young defense with Bosa being the difference maker. The 1981 team was led by a young defense with the rookie DBs dominating the league. Neither team was expected to go to the SB but they each went 13-3. Even Walsh said that team was probably a year or 2 ahead of schedule. The same was said of last years team. The 1982 Niners went 3-6 before the league was halted because of a strike. This season is looking really questionable because of the virus that's putting games in jeopardy. There will likely be less practices if they end up playing and almost certainly no fans or limited numbers. Erie similarities.

Why would it affect us negatively but not anyone else? We have some of the least turnover in the league. We didn't go 3-6 because of the strike. The team themselves said why they went 3-6 in the 1984 America's Game. Im pretty confident in this year's team going back. I don't see any Seattle LOB caliber teams to knock them out.

Have asked this question everytime someone brings covid up as a future excuse. Teams that are ridiculously young, teams with a rookie QB, teams with a new coaching staff.....sure. Definitely a slight disadvantage from the other teams. But no idea why it would affect us negatively. We have very little roster turnover, and a solid system in place.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'm not optimistic about the 49ers returning to the SB this year. I see a similarity between the 2019 team and the 1981 team. Both were led by a brilliant offensive coach in their 3rd year. Both had a young QB who hadn't really hit his stride. The 2019 team was led by a young defense with Bosa being the difference maker. The 1981 team was led by a young defense with the rookie DBs dominating the league. Neither team was expected to go to the SB but they each went 13-3. Even Walsh said that team was probably a year or 2 ahead of schedule. The same was said of last years team. The 1982 Niners went 3-6 before the league was halted because of a strike. This season is looking really questionable because of the virus that's putting games in jeopardy. There will likely be less practices if they end up playing and almost certainly no fans or limited numbers. Erie similarities.

Why would it affect us negatively but not anyone else? We have some of the least turnover in the league. We didn't go 3-6 because of the strike. The team themselves said why they went 3-6 in the 1984 America's Game. Im pretty confident in this year's team going back. I don't see any Seattle LOB caliber teams to knock them out.

Have asked this question everytime someone brings covid up as a future excuse. Teams that are ridiculously young, teams with a rookie QB, teams with a new coaching staff.....sure. Definitely a slight disadvantage from the other teams. But no idea why it would affect us negatively. We have very little roster turnover, and a solid system in place.

Losing Sanders, Staley, and Buckner are material losses. We also lost Joe Woods that was part of our secondary turnaround.

Williams is proven, but he hasn't played in some time. Kinlaw and Aiyuk haven't played a snap yet. And Oden is respectable, but I wouldn't say he's parity to Woods.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I think if they can win their division - they have a good shot at repeating. The toughest games that the 49ers had were with our division rivals. I think the NFC West was something like the top division in the NFL last year.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Losing Sanders, Staley, and Buckner are material losses. We also lost Joe Woods that was part of our secondary turnaround.

Williams is proven, but he hasn't played in some time. Kinlaw and Aiyuk haven't played a snap yet. And Oden is respectable, but I wouldn't say he's parity to Woods.

The new and improved pass rush WAS the biggest part of our secondary turnaround.

Williams is a beast, no concerns over him. He'll knock off his rust going against our dominant DL in practice every day of TC.

Kinlaw and AiYAC don't have to start off being starters. They can easily work their way in until they have full grasp of KS's system. Deebo, KB, and Taylor/Hurd(assuming they're healthy) can take the heavy load in the beginning of the season for WRs, they all have at least a year or more in KS's system. AA, Jones, Givens, and Street can do the same on defense with Kinlaw in a rotation as a pass rusher to start the season. Not too worry about them either.

This Covid-19 sh!t actually benefits the Niners more than many other teams in terms of team chemistry and losing only 3 full time starters from last year's team. We good..🤙
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

I think if they can win their division - they have a good shot at repeating. The toughest games that the 49ers had were with our division rivals. I think the NFC West was something like the top division in the NFL last year.

Yeah, I agree - we should be able to repeat and head back to the Bowl. People are forgetting how good we were last year sans the Super Bowl.

If they get the number one seed they have a good chance of repeating
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Yeah, I think we're heading back.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:

• All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

Easily the top division in the NFL. One Robbie Gould FG was all that stopped the NFC West from having 3 playoff teams.

Only division with 3 teams above .500.
Cardinals went 1-5 in the division and basically .500 against the rest of the league.
Share 49ersWebzone