• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Pipe dream. His condition can only get worse without intervention.

What makes you think it will get worse?

Tendonosis is a degenerative condition.

He doesn't have Tendonosis.

He does and we know because he told everybody himself in August. This is well documented.

Link? I dont see anything saying he has tendonosis. He has tendonitis, which can become tendonosis over a long period of time.

Regardless of what he has, he played a full, elite season in 2018 for KC with the same issue. Hes a difference maker for this pass rush. It was very obvious.

https://theathletic.com/1186109/2019/09/05/different-things-are-at-stake-now-dee-ford-is-ready-for-his-49ers-debut-and-a-chance-to-prove-his-durability/%3famp

You're right. And it did.

He did not have tendonosis in KC. That is an entirely new diagnosis. This is a new and exclusively SF issue.

He played 30% of snaps BEFORE his combo hamstring/knee injury.
[ Edited by okdkid on Feb 25, 2020 at 9:49 PM ]
this punk brought that offside karma into the damm team
Frank Clark send the bill over to us

cant wait to see him leave
Tendonosis by any other name is a bad knee. Whatever it's called. Let's hope it's better next year. If not then they move on in 2021.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Dude had 8 weeks of rest and disappeared in the biggest game of the season.

We all love dee. Hes a super stud. but he may not be able to give us the 600 snaps we need next season from his spot.we have to realistically consider other plans.

the unfortunate truth. having 2 of the leagues best edge rushers is useless if one of them cant get on the field even 50% of the time. we need to prepare our backup plan for him sooner than later. Joey bosa????
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Tendonosis by any other name is a bad knee. Whatever it's called. Let's hope it's better next year. If not then they move on in 2021.

First we have to complain about it all off season
https://theathletic.com/1186109/2019/09/05/different-things-are-at-stake-now-dee-ford-is-ready-for-his-49ers-debut-and-a-chance-to-prove-his-durability/%3famp

You're right. And it did.

He did not have tendonosis in KC. That is an entirely new diagnosis. This is a new and exclusively SF issue.

He played 30% of snaps BEFORE his combo hamstring/knee injury.

Again, the knee didn't keep him out, he played through it, just as he always had, and was playing at a high level regardless of the snap counts. That first half of the season all the front lines guys snap counts were ridiculously low. He started missing time when he tweaked the hamstring.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by rto66:
whats up with all the ford hate? he was dealing with an injury that all players go through. Our pass rush woke up when he played and once he rehabs in the offseason he will be a beast. i can see him getting at least 10 sacks next season easily when he stays healthy.

I don't get it either. His impact was crystal clear when he was out there.

Yeah, get off of Ford's nuts - he still one of our best pass rushers. He will be healthy going into '20 and predict a 10 sack season.

Man i hope...make that pray....that you are right and Dee is knee and hammy healthy. I was a huge fan of this trade as noted elsewhere, but i assumed he would be a part time/ half time player. 226 snaps and not being healthy for SB (altho by God he sure tried)...i am now afraid that really good looking trade didn't' work out. At the least, he is a question mark for 2020, even tho i would love to see him zooming around that RT most if not every play. Watching him healthy is truly a treat.

Now, with all health stuff in and considered, we can't count on Dee for R side ER. Honestly Mayo, we need to get a replacement who can start and make that OL ferocious Left ER to DT to DT to R side ER. Put another way, counting on Dee to be there for us in 2020 based on last yr... would be coaching and GMing malpractice. We have to get a replacement who is a bona fide starter.

At rates we can afford, that seems impossible. If we cut Dee, it costs us $4.5 mil against the cap, so keep him and if healthy, we get his services sometime. It would be stupid or silly to cut him. We gain nothing doing that . So get a healthy replacement. Hopefully DJ will be back from his ACL(? I think). He can then play 3t along with Buck, and Nick and AA can play outside . But we can't guarantee DJ is healthy either, hence the replacement.

Much as i wanted Dee and then when injured, hoped he would recover...it didn't happen. This also makes the case for re-signing AA as absolutely essential. Dee and his position is the guy we need to focus on. Also we HAVE to get Buck re-signed.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by rto66:
whats up with all the ford hate? he was dealing with an injury that all players go through. Our pass rush woke up when he played and once he rehabs in the offseason he will be a beast. i can see him getting at least 10 sacks next season easily when he stays healthy.

I don't get it either. His impact was crystal clear when he was out there.

Yeah, get off of Ford's nuts - he still one of our best pass rushers. He will be healthy going into '20 and predict a 10 sack season.

Man i hope...make that pray....that you are right and Dee is knee and hammy healthy. I was a huge fan of this trade as noted elsewhere, but i assumed he would be a part time/ half time player. 226 snaps and not being healthy for SB (altho by God he sure tried)...i am now afraid that really good looking trade didn't' work out. At the least, he is a question mark for 2020, even tho i would love to see him zooming around that RT most if not every play. Watching him healthy is truly a treat.

Now, with all health stuff in and considered, we can't count on Dee for R side ER. Honestly Mayo, we need to get a replacement who can start and make that OL ferocious Left ER to DT to DT to R side ER. Put another way, counting on Dee to be there for us in 2020 based on last yr... would be coaching and GMing malpractice. We have to get a replacement who is a bona fide starter.

At rates we can afford, that seems impossible. If we cut Dee, it costs us $4.5 mil against the cap, so keep him and if healthy, we get his services sometime. It would be stupid or silly to cut him. We gain nothing doing that . So get a healthy replacement. Hopefully DJ will be back from his ACL(? I think). He can then play 3t along with Buck, and Nick and AA can play outside . But we can't guarantee DJ is healthy either, hence the replacement.

Much as i wanted Dee and then when injured, hoped he would recover...it didn't happen. This also makes the case for re-signing AA as absolutely essential. Dee and his position is the guy we need to focus on. Also we HAVE to get Buck re-signed.

I saw dee get pressures and sacks against the packers and Vikings. But everybody wants to call him washed up because he's a niner. He will hopefully be 100 percent next season just like Jalen Hurd but niner fans always want to complain instead of appreciate.
I thought he was getting his knee fixed?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I thought he was getting his knee fixed?

Yeah, I thought I heard a report he was getting some more work done on it too.

Makes sense the FO met with ER Khalid Kareem.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 1, 2020 at 6:52 AM ]

We need a real medical assessment on Dee Ford in the next two weeks. We have to make a decision on this guy. We can't pay 20 million dollars for 250 snaps even if they're very good snaps. Problem is, that it's reasonable to assume the snaps aren't even going to be of the quality they where in September October. I'm not a hater I love d. Everyone respects him including Kyle everyone on the team and staff. But we need to invest in productive depth. We can't blow 20 million on a pipe dream. So if Dee can't go for 600 halfway decent snaps we have to eat part of his salary and move him to open up cap space for either Armstead or replacement with a lower ceiling. Sad but what can you do. Obviously the best option is that he takes a vacation at a Swiss Health Spa and comes back minty-fresh next season. I can kick in 50 bucks for that.
Dee has played with knee issues the past couple years especially in 2018 where he was the number one edge rusher in pressures and he also forced the most turnovers in the league. This guy has the quickest first step out of everyone except maybe Von Miller. He is essential to keep at least this next year with the dead cap hit of almost 5 mil if released so that won't happen, but you will see it was his hamstring not his knee that was holding him back. This guy is awesome, he not only gets a ton of pressures but when he gets a sack he almost always strips the ball. I think he is the most important pass rusher on our team besides Bosa
Not disagreeing but our decisions have to be made on a thorough medical assessment. Knee or hammy? How bad is the knee in 2020? We need a sober analysis of the medical reality. What you or i are hoping for doesnt matter.

I admit im nervous.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Armstead over Ford all day.
[ Edited by All22 on Mar 1, 2020 at 1:31 PM ]
Originally posted by 91til:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

First we have to complain about it all off season

All offseason. Even if we won the Super Bowl, people would've been complaining about Ford. Crazy thing is, the knee issue isn't even why he missed games. But the Zone is gonna Zone...
Share 49ersWebzone