There are 159 users in the forums

Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Ford only was in for 226 snaps this year after taking 1022 the previous season. Let's hope he can get back to something over 600 snaps.

Wow that's alarming.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Ford only was in for 226 snaps this year after taking 1022 the previous season. Let's hope he can get back to something over 600 snaps.

Wow that's alarming.

It's one reason I hope Blair can come back early next season. If we can rotate him with Ford and Bosa it could take some pressure off them. If we could get 600 snaps from Ford and 300-350 from Blair in rotations that would work out well for the team and the players.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Have a feeling his contract considering his contribution is going to hurt us the most.

This begs to be restructured IMHO.

Yeah, if he's just a 25% player like this last year, this needs to be restructured.

Not much a restructuring will do. The money still ultimately gets paid.

And there's no incentive for him to take a pay cut. The open market will pay him well. The league is too desperate for pass rushers. And there are a ton of awful teams with space who need to do something.

*IF* he doesn't play 70% of the defensive snaps this season... I think they will attempt to trade him next offseason. That's especially true of Joey Bosa does not sign a LTD with LA.

May sound nuts but I don't think Joey Bosa is the answer if we replace Dee. We need speed opposite of Nick, who is more athletic than Joey.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kyzen:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by LVJay:
We need to sign another guy in draft or FA to take his place...if we plan on keeping him, just rest him all off season then let him work out in the regular season (slowly bring him back), then let eem loose in the playoffs, f**k it

Sounds like a plan to me. The more pass rushers we have, the Better.

I'd love to draft a DE that can spell Ford and Nick and would take over if Ford can't go because of that knee/hammy.

Yes, I'm down with you guys...we got players coming back from injuries and they just signed some other dudes. Someone from that bunch could become a solid piece like Blair and maybe Moore before his injury.

Yeah, thats when we struggled this season. We need to build on the defense with solid, quality depth.
But damn, we need to add some OL help too and it looks like Sanders might be gone so a WR will be in the mix too.
We need to find a late round LB too that can step in as well.

Lol, f**k the shopping list is growing.

Yes, true, but it's frustrating af to think of teams that have won with lesser talent than what we came with

I'm gonna have to drink up some Cherry Vodka mixed with Black Cherry White Claw, bruh
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Have a feeling his contract considering his contribution is going to hurt us the most.

Yeah, if he's just a 25% player like this last year, this needs to be restructured.

And there's no incentive for him to take a pay cut. The open market will pay him well. The league is too desperate for pass rushers. And there are a ton of awful teams with space who need to do something.

*IF* he doesn't play 70% of the defensive snaps this season... I think they will attempt to trade him next offseason. That's especially true of Joey Bosa does not sign a LTD with LA.

May sound nuts but I don't think Joey Bosa is the answer if we replace Dee. We need speed opposite of Nick, who is more athletic than Joey.

Plus, Joey is going to demand a boat load.

Yeah, but it's all about health esp. now that we're backed up against the cap. If they don't project him to stay healthy going forward, they have rip cords today. They are trying to resign as many core players as they can right now... young players that will be here for the next 4-5+ years. At this point, we're just hoping he can last a season. The FO probably is too. And as prosperous as it sounds, they may be very much considering pulling that rip cord this off season.

I'm not saying they will... just noting it's a real possibility.
They can essentially buy out his deal after 2020 for $4.5 million in dead money. So if he is injured all next year too, my guess is they move on. Next year is a deep FA group for EDGE and a few of those guys will actually hit the market.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Wow that's alarming.

Damn I didn't realize it was that low either!

Those numbers don't sound right.

Wow that's alarming.

It's accurate (232 of 1,000 snaps).

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/teams/teampage-sfo-6.php
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 15, 2020 at 8:08 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Wow that's alarming.

It's accurate.

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/teams/teampage-sfo-6.php

Wow.

Wow that's alarming.

He essentially missed 7 games and was averaging about 20.5 snaps a game. It was working because he was still effective and they had a ton of depth, so they could afford to keep his, and others, snap count(s) down.
Armstead and Ford should be swapping salaries

I checked them out on profootballreference.com. I was surprised too that they were that low. The hamstring pull had a lot to do with the low numbers but even without that he would likely have been around 500 snaps.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Damn he got 6.5 sacks in those 232 snaps...

I'd love to see what he and the gang does when (IF) he gets 600 or more snaps
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
He stopped holding up and missed time once he tweaked the hamstring. He can, and has, played through the knee

He missed several games due to the knee.

His missed time was from the hamstring, not the knee

Share 49ersWebzone