LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LVJay:
When healthy (no hammies, no thigh issues, no knee problems, no whatever), he's worth the cash

However, he had missed too many games and/or wasn't very effective when playing hurt, hence he didn't do what he got paid to do

If we keep him, I hope those injuries go away, he stays on the field often and takes care of business (sack/pressure QB) in big games

Pipe dream. His condition can only get worse without intervention.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
When healthy (no hammies, no thigh issues, no knee problems, no whatever), he's worth the cash

However, he had missed too many games and/or wasn't very effective when playing hurt, hence he didn't do what he got paid to do

If we keep him, I hope those injuries go away, he stays on the field often and takes care of business (sack/pressure QB) in big games

Truth. He mentioned that he never got any other attention besides off season rest

My guess is he could look into some serious therapy / rehab if he's afraid of surgery (under the knife then long rehab).....

What makes you think it will get worse?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Tendonosis is a degenerative condition.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

Yes. There are many links but this one pretty much says it all
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320558.php#tendinosis-vs-tendonitis

I don't know the plan, but it's a big [IF]... I hope he does a something more helpful that last year (just rested up)

I don't know the plan, but it's a big [IF]... I hope he does a something more helpful that last year (just rested up)
Well hes had tendenosis his entire career? So there doesnt seem to be the 3-6 month recovery time frame at play here. Realistically i dont see him taking more effective snaps next year than he did this year.

Yeah that sucks. No doubt we need to draft another speed rusher anyway. Prepare for the worse and hope for the best.
Have a feeling his contract considering his contribution is going to hurt us the most.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Have a feeling his contract considering his contribution is going to hurt us the most.

Im not too happy with how limited he was, but he truly was a difference maker when he was playing. Hopefully his knee will be a bit better this year.

They can get out of it after this season with minimal hit

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
One thing for sure is that KC got the better end of their relationship.

Yea agreed. As of right now. We lost that trade.

Lol, no

It's because we lost an unfair called game doesn't mean they got the better trade. Dee Ford was very valuable to our team an will only get better as he recovers from his injuries.

He was valuable for our team but saw limited action and cost us a lot of draft capital and hit the salary cap.

KC did come out on top here imo

They haven't even used the pick yet. Them coming out on top has nothing to do with the SB outcome. If they draft a scrub with that 2nd round pick or a marginal player, that's not a win.

Yeah that sucks. No doubt we need to draft another speed rusher anyway. Prepare for the worse and hope for the best.

Honestly, even if Ford were 100%, I'd still want another speed rusher. His knee just gives more incentive to do so.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
They haven't even used the pick yet. Them coming out on top has nothing to do with the SB outcome. If they draft a scrub with that 2nd round pick or a marginal player, that's not a win.

Trading away a player who misses a significant portion of the year with bum knee and not having to pay his contract = coming out on top irrespective of how the 2nd round pick pans out.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

$4,800,000 in dead money minimal with $12,800,000 cap savings AFTER 2020.

We all want him to play well and often. If he does that, the juice is worth the squeeze.
Yeah, I just hope he's healthy next season. Does whatever is needed to get back near full health, even if he has to miss the first few games of the regular season.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

$4,800,000 in dead money minimal with $12,800,000 cap savings AFTER 2020.

We all want him to play well and often. If he does that, the juice is worth the squeeze.

Yup. And I realized I may have worded that poorly. When I say this season, I meant the 2020 season
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Feb 13, 2020 at 3:39 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone