There are 134 users in the forums

Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Pumped to watch this guy and Bosa off the edges . If the secondary can get their s**t together this D could be scary

Dude- we got a trifecta. Two off the edge and one up the middle...

The Vice channel had a great documentary about this dudes life. Talked about him and Elizabeth and all the issues behind the scenes, good and bad. It brought me back to my childhood and the WWF days. Honestly, it was kind of sad.

My mom used to take us when we were kids. Got to watch him fight The Ultimate Warrior ...it was glorious
Yeah. I'm probably bias, but that was a golden era of wrestling. When we where kids my buddies and I would stay up to 12am to watch the Saturday Night Main event and paint our faces like the ultimate warrior. Dude was a beast. Good memories.

smithgdwg: they never addressed it directly, but based on the way all his friends talked about how he was and sounded off camera, he was always that intense and it wasn't really an act. So I would say, yes, that's the way he talked.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 13, 2019 at 9:04 PM ]
Pumped to watch this guy and Bosa off the edges . If the secondary can get their s**t together this D could be scary

Dude- we got a trifecta. Two off the edge and one up the middle...

The Vice channel had a great documentary about this dudes life. Talked about him and Elizabeth and all the issues behind the scenes, good and bad. It brought me back to my childhood and the WWF days. Honestly, it was kind of sad.

My mom used to take us when we were kids. Got to watch him fight The Ultimate Warrior ...it was glorious
Yeah. I'm probably bias, but that was a golden era of wrestling. When we where kids my buddies and I would stay up to 12am to watch the Saturday Night Main event and paint our faces like the ultimate warrior. Dude was a beast. Good memories.

Buck just missed out by 1 hit

2018 Stats:
Sacks: 13
Hits: 9
Hurries: 31

Buck just missed out by 1 hit

2018 Stats:
Sacks: 13
Hits: 9
Hurries: 31

I like this well rounded look at pass rushing. Overlooking other facets is the kind of thing that will have someone believing Cassius Marsh is the equal of Ronald Blair.
Also Arik Armstead is no interior pass rushing slouch. He might be too slow to get sacks but he'll push the pocket.
So excited we added the best pass rusher in the game!!
Originally posted by crusher49er:
So excited we added the best pass rusher in the game!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited too, but Ford is not "the best pass rusher in the game," he may have been statistically the best last year, but his career before that was less than stellar. But he was the best pass rusher available to get this offseason.
Saw Randy about a year before he died, at a childrens hospital,visiting kids.Playful, fun guy.He was definitely ripped.

smithgdwg: they never addressed it directly, but based on the way all his friends talked about how he was and sounded off camera, he was always that intense and it wasn't really an act. So I would say, yes, that's the way he talked.
Holy moly, that rates about a 6.9 on the Richter scale. The guy is a little bit fast...and furious. zowie.

Can't wait to see him lined up outside.

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Holy moly, that rates about a 6.9 on the Richter scale. The guy is a little bit fast...and furious. zowie.

Can't wait to see him lined up outside.

I'm telling ya with Ford/Bosa/Buck, a rotation of ST/AA/Blair, and Warner and Kwon...we could easily have a top 5 front 7
Would love it if Dee could be our Justin Smith type addition at DE. Someone who really takes his game up to another level after changing teams.

And would be even better if Bosa could be our Aldon Smith...minus the off the field idiocy

Ford is a animal on the field!

Should be fun to watch
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Would love it if Dee could be our Justin Smith type addition at DE. Someone who really takes his game up to another level after changing teams.

And would be even better if Bosa could be our Aldon Smith...minus the off the field idiocy

Actually, Ford's speed and style would be closer to Aldrunk's.. . while Nick " Fury " Bosa is closer to Justin's.

His speed rush is crazy good.

And Ford has room for improvement in that area. He struggles with a false step here and there. Hopefully, Kris Kocurek can help him clean that up.
Share 49ersWebzone