There are 385 users in the forums

Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49erfan89:
"Dr's gave him a clean bill of health." ~ Kyle

Yeah, maybe our crappy medical team.

if the team is done with him why do we need to do a physical?

imagine a world where dee ford somehow makes it onto the 2022 49ers roster.

He literally said the MD's gave him a clean bill of health so they're doing a physical to check him out.

but why. do we have to do that to cut him? is that standard protocol for all players this time of year? do they just wanna hang out with him?

if they are trying to see if his body is football ready to try an put him on the field........

He literally said the MD's gave him a clean bill of health so they're doing a physical to check him out.

It's standard for when you release or sign a player, if he can't pass a physical, then we gain NOTHING, people need to get a grip in here, he's gone, he's not going to be a 49er, be happy with what we have, stop harping on the past, yeah big mistake to bring him in, I mean he played well, but overall, he didn't do jacks**t for us, I defended him yr in yr out, no more, cut when healthy, same with Jimmy, don't waste cap room to just appease a bunch of fans who can't be patient.

but why. do we have to do that to cut him? is that standard protocol for all players this time of year? do they just wanna hang out with him?

if they are trying to see if his body is football ready to try an put him on the field........

He needs to pass a physical in order for the 49ers to save any cap room, if not, they have to pay him the $1.12M.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

He needs to pass a physical in order for the 49ers to save any cap room, if not, they have to pay him the $1.12M.

thanks 49ers encyclopedia.

i think the team has shown intentions of cutting him but their choices in the past make me skeptical about it. so even though i think they will cut him i will believe it when i see it.

decisions like drafting rueben foster in the first rd, giving kwon alexander a ton of money to just cut him a couple years later, giving up 3 first rd picks for a project QB show us that this team is not only ok with taking huge risks but is also ok with making very questionable decisions. so while theyve shown they are going to let Dee go i wont be shocked if they try to beat the dead horse an put him on the field again.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Dude will get cut, picked up by one of our hated team, is miraculously healthy and balls out.

SEA

Not denying this. But he didn't say it was procedural. He said the MD's gave him a clean bill of health SO they're gonna check him out. That sounds more football related than procedural. That said, maybe he meant the clean bill of health was referencing enough to pass a physical so they can officially dump him.
Originally posted by BobSacamano69:

i think the team has shown intentions of cutting him but their choices in the past make me skeptical about it. so even though i think they will cut him i will believe it when i see it.

decisions like drafting rueben foster in the first rd, giving kwon alexander a ton of money to just cut him a couple years later, giving up 3 first rd picks for a project QB show us that this team is not only ok with taking huge risks but is also ok with making very questionable decisions. so while theyve shown they are going to let Dee go i wont be shocked if they try to beat the dead horse an put him on the field again.

Huh? Encyclopedia? Ok, whatever. They've made mistakes, Foster was one, but he decided to be a full on idiot off the field, we were lied to by Saban. Kwon was worth the money till he got hurt & Dre outplayed him. Not gonna argue about Dee being bad, or McKinnon. Giving up 3 1's(well 2 future 1's, and a swap) was a lot, but if Trey turns out to be what we all hope he will, then who cares. Dee is a goner, not going to be back, he can't stay healthy.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Dude will get cut, picked up by one of our hated team, is miraculously healthy and balls out.

SEA

Him and Jimmy. It's inevitable.

Maybe it's like Jimmy G where they get a bigger payout if cut while medically injured.

Huh? Encyclopedia? Ok, whatever. They've made mistakes, Foster was one, but he decided to be a full on idiot off the field, we were lied to by Saban. Kwon was worth the money till he got hurt & Dre outplayed him. Not gonna argue about Dee being bad, or McKinnon. Giving up 3 1's(well 2 future 1's, and a swap) was a lot, but if Trey turns out to be what we all hope he will, then who cares. Dee is a goner, not going to be back, he can't stay healthy.

Ya your like the niner encyclopedia on here it's awesome.

i liked the Alexander signing. I think he improved our pass D finally, so he was worth the money. But I didn't like how they cut him so fast. I guess his injury was that bad. But he filled a big need. Mckinnon was bad. Again due to injury. I think trey is more ready that people think, the media is just doing their job of making stories.

their risks have paid off sometimes but oh man have some of them hurt us

i liked the Alexander signing. I think he improved our pass D finally, so he was worth the money. But I didn't like how they cut him so fast. I guess his injury was that bad. But he filled a big need. Mckinnon was bad. Again due to injury. I think trey is more ready that people think, the media is just doing their job of making stories.

I gotcha, was caught off by that line.

Yeah, I mean, we've made mistakes, Kwon I liked the signing, sucked he got hurt, then outplayed.

I agree Trey is more ready than the media is saying, not like they know what is going on inside the building.

Agreed, risks have worked, some, some haven't.

I think Alexander was traded for Kiko Alonzo and a late round pick.

Nah his back is as crooked as a politician

Career over!!!
[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Jun 7, 2022 at 11:15 PM ]
I thought Ford was retiring, is he making another comeback attempt?

https://www.49ers.com/news/five-49ers-players-to-return-from-injured-reserve-in-2022
[ Edited by glorydayz on Jul 20, 2022 at 12:19 PM ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I thought Ford was retiring, is he making another comeback attempt?

https://www.49ers.com/news/five-49ers-players-to-return-from-injured-reserve-in-2022

Gotta act like you want to play to get put on IR and get payed
Share 49ersWebzone