There are 195 users in the forums

Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
If this guy couldn't do anything playing against his old team in the Superbowl, how could we count on him doing anything against the seahawks on a regular ass sunday.

Fix Or Repair Daily
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Total waste of a roster spot. Should be cut and just deal with the consequences. Should have been done before the draft.

He's on the short-term IR, so he's not taking up a roster spot. Really no reason to cut him with the way his contract was setup after they renegotiated Ford's contract in the off season.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Total waste of a roster spot. Should be cut and just deal with the consequences. Should have been done before the draft.

He's on the short-term IR, so he's not taking up a roster spot. Really no reason to cut him with the way his contract was setup after they renegotiated Ford's contract in the off season.

Not to mention nobody has won his spot while he's been out. The new guy they traded for looked decent against the Vikes. Ford still 2nd on the team in sacks lol.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
It would go a long way if one of the 2 guys we drafted at corner this year could be one of those corners.

Not hitting on a bunch of guys in this years draft could kill us, like the 2012 draft did.

Banks needs to be that RG we desperately need, Lenoir or Thomas need to be that corner we desperately need. Hufunga shows potential, especially with Moore coming back so safety, while not best in the league, wouldn't be a major area of concern.

That way, going into the draft with C, RT and ER as our target areas we could make something happen.

if the team thinks Jaylen moore develops and Banks can be a starter, I think we are good at T. Moore, McG (once healthy) and Brunskill is a quality backup swing tackle (who can also play both G spots in a pinch). I'd go C, G and edge. if McG comes back and plays top10 rb and top 20 pass block like he was this year, maybe we keep him.

we are3-deep at tackle, hopefully letting moore develop to potentially replace trent one day. and 3 deep at G w/ brunskill able to be the #3 or #4 at either T or G. it hinges on Moore and Banks being able to develop as we hope.
Originally posted by walker807:
Not to mention nobody has won his spot while he's been out. The new guy they traded for looked decent against the Vikes. Ford still 2nd on the team in sacks lol.

i think the new guy is more likely to be the new Armstead vs a guy who can replace Dee. He allows us to keep Arik inside full time while still having a solid "big end" who can give us some pass rush. We need one of Willis or Ebukam to replace Dee - but i just don't see it
Originally posted by mtl_49er:

i think the new guy is more likely to be the new Armstead vs a guy who can replace Dee. He allows us to keep Arik inside full time while still having a solid "big end" who can give us some pass rush. We need one of Willis or Ebukam to replace Dee - but i just don't see it

WIllis had some preseason hype but hasn't shown up at all since. Ebukam fits a roll but isn't going to be a full time bookend. Maybe new guy (whatever the hell his name is) can give usbsome Hyder like snaps. Speaking of Hyder, never seen a dude like that before who plays decent for 2 seasons and is non existent the rest of the time, doing nothing for Seattle this year.
WIllis had some preseason hype but hasn't shown up at all since. Ebukam fits a roll but isn't going to be a full time bookend. Maybe new guy (whatever the hell his name is) can give usbsome Hyder like snaps. Speaking of Hyder, never seen a dude like that before who plays decent for 2 seasons and is non existent the rest of the time, doing nothing for Seattle this year.

Ebukam is simply not good. I don't know what they saw in him from his Rams games. They need a good edge rusher opposing Bosa if they want to make a deep playoff run. Armstead is best left inside.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Ebukam is simply not good. I don't know what they saw in him from his Rams games. They need a good edge rusher opposing Bosa if they want to make a deep playoff run. Armstead is best left inside.

i don't think ebukam is a bad player at all. I just see him as more of a #3 edge rusher vs being a #2 opposite of Bosa. our secondary isn't great, but if we had a healthy Dee or a legit replacement, the extra pass rush + the better offense i think we will have down the stretch still puts us as SB contenders (not favorites, but legit contenders)
If Dee Ford can be healthy playoff time, it will be worth paying him!
Originally posted by CoachPhoenix:

Agree

I'm going to assume he is out for the year with this back injury.
Originally posted by HitMan52:
I'm going to assume he is out for the year with this back injury.

I just see him as not being part of the roster anymore, and if somehow I see him on the field Sunday thats just a cherry on top.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I don't believe he will ever play another down with the niners. Not worth 20 percent of what he has been paid. Just another s**tty move that cost us draft capital. Not that Shanalynch would have used the pick right either.
Originally posted by tohara3:

Agree

He might be the best paid player per snap.
Originally posted by tohara3:

Agree

He might be the best paid player per snap.

Are you forgetting about the king of the bench Jalen Hurd?
Share 49ersWebzone