LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 348 users in the forums

Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

jimmy and trey sacked more than 2 times.

Youre in the wrong thread anyway.

They assigned who is responsible for each sack and they might have excluded the sacks responsible by the QB.
Originally posted by jcs:

that's what I wanted to post

I see Dlinemen do this across the league nearly every game. Refs are so subjective and pick the worst time to bail teams out.

That's awful, his hand is literally touching the hash mark and the ball is on the other side of the hash mark. Should not have been called.
Glad to see Dee on the stat sheet again I must admit I'm surprised
Originally posted by trogdor:
That's awful, his hand is literally touching the hash mark and the ball is on the other side of the hash mark. Should not have been called.

He was clearly offsides. Lets try to be objective shall we?
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

No he wasn't…look at where the ball is. There's nothing clearly about that

Yeah SWH look at the ball? You know.....the only measure of offsides there is
The league needs to clamp down on the obvious bias the officials have in NOT calling offensive holding while calling phantom defensive off-sides as well as these field flipping BS PI flags.

what am i talking about, the refs are doing what the league wants in the first place

Yeah, not just that the D gets frustrated, the crowd gets quieter. Especially when the QB turns around and gives them the ball right back.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
I see Dlinemen do this across the league nearly every game. Refs are so subjective and pick the worst time to bail teams out.

Keep in mind they probably have Carroll screaming in their ears to watch Ford or watch for lining up in the neutral zone because of Ford...can't pass up 5 free yards.

• TyCore
  • Veteran

Location of the ball where the center is holding it isn't always on the established neutral zone.

Many centers grab the ball and pull it back a foot or so from the spot.
Originally posted by TyCore:

Location of the ball where the center is holding it isn't always on the established neutral zone.

Many centers grab the ball and pull it back a foot or so from the spot.

Bingo and that blue line isn't accurate
Ford was very informative this morning on KNBR. He gave more information about his injuries and wha the went through than I ever heard from Kyle of John. It wa squite an ordeal for him. It shows how much he loves the game to go through that. A lot of guys would have retired.
Originally posted by elguapo:

Yeah SWH look at the ball? You know.....the only measure of offsides there is

You guys seriously are looking at that pic and not seeing his helmet and ball occupying the same space?

I'm not even looking at the blue line.
From today's KNBR interview on the main page here - damn, glad Ford is back playing at all given his injury situation:

Retirement, though, was never on Ford's mind.

"For me, personally, [the injury] was tough," Ford said this morning on KNBR's Murph & Mac show. "... I always believed if there's any possibility that I could get back, I'll take that. I don't care if it's 10 percent. If it's 10 percent, then I'm going to exercise my options."

Ford never gave up despite the ordeal of dealing with the symptoms of his injury. The veteran pass rusher went on to detail what followed that first game of last season.

Ford woke up one morning and could barely look down or straighten his leg. He knew something was seriously wrong. The defender immediately went to the team doctors and told them, "Something's not right."

A battery of tests followed. The initial thought was that Ford was dealing with a neck injury.

"Everything looked structurally OK," Ford explained. "I had some stenosis, and all of that in my neck. Long story short, we did every MRI known to man. Everything started gradually getting worse. I went from that to my symptoms [including] I was getting nauseous. Any time you're having compression of a spinal cord, you get very nauseous. You get numbness, tingling, all of that in all your limbs."

Since nothing was conclusive, Ford and the 49ers reached out to the doctor who performed the defender's first back surgery, Dr. Andrew Cordover. They learned that Ford suffered a herniated disc, but that wasn't the main issue.

"Really, after about three months, we found out that I was just basically, my whole spine was just chronically overused," Ford said. "I hit people for a living. It was sort of similar to someone who is born with a degenerative disc disease; similar to that.

"Basically, my whole entire body was affected. I had to sleep on my side for a whole year. It was pretty tough."

All Ford could do was take the situation day by day and work to get better. As players scattered after last season, the pass rusher stayed at the team's Santa Clara facility and worked. He felt he had so much football left in him and did what he could to ensure his playing days weren't behind him.

Surgery was an option for Ford. However, having undergone similar procedures in the past, another might have meant fusion surgery, which would have ended his NFL career. Regardless, Cordover told Ford that no surgery would repair the damage anyway.

"This is a chronic issue," Ford said. "Yeah, my disc may have had a new herniation in my L5; I think that's the disc ... If guys have these issues in their knees, our knees go bad. Once you degenerate so much muscle, you get into ligaments and tendons ... we all feel it. We get older, and you start to feel your knees start popping, clicking, and cracking. Well, that was my spine."

Ford added that he and the 49ers set up a plan during training camp to limit the pass rusher's snap counts and ramp up his workload as he progressed. That has bled into the season. Ford is averaging under 20 defensive snaps per game.

"I'll increase as I go," Ford said. "I'm still in [the process of ramping up]."
Share 49ersWebzone